Maths Uni Chat Watch

ste0731
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by majikthise)
Surely you could have waited on the other side of the road and got a bus back?
Last bus of the night :o:
majikthise
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Gah, that sucks. I hate paying for taxis.

edit: and set theory. **** YOU, L.
The Muon
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by harr)
Just a quack post (I'm only making swan point so I'll be swift):

(Be sure to hawk my words for heron in.) It bill be the case that some of the puns are aukful, but hopefully some will tern out o jay in the end. Rook at it this way: puffin will be achieved by not trying. If we want people to be raven about the quality of our chat we need to run the risk of coming out looking like tits. I know this may be hard to swallow, you may quail at the idea, but however gulling and unpheasant this is, when confronted with the additional small black social insects of uncertainty we shouldn't shrink back, but instead yell "cor more ants" and shrike.

(That should get the pecking order sorted out.)

I love you
.matt
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Just watched an entire episode of Doctor Who on my phone because I couldn't be bothered rolling over to see my monitor...revision isn't going to be happening any time soon :o:
v-zero
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Simplicity)
Mechanics nearly seriously hurt me. Basically, doing bench press with pretty light weights like 5kg on each end, bar was say 10kg-15?. I can do 16kg on dumball. So thought, yeah lets do bench press.

So did 7 reps, then thought lets do it slower next time.

So doing it slower, but suddenly I couldn't manage to put the damn bar back onto the thing so I was like there for half a bloody minute trying to do it as only one would go in and then realised my hand position must be all wrong. Then, I got one in and suddenly spaced out, like all I could see was a bar at a certain angle and what would happen if I dropped it.
:rofl2:

As an aside, the standard mass of an olympic bar is 20kg, which is what most decent gyms will be using. Still, 30kg..... That's pretty lulzy.
harr
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'm slightly worried by how many positive reactions that got... To the people who repped me, thanks. As for the declaration of love, I'm flattered.
assmaster
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Does anyone here know the Japanese for "please be quiet on our corridor, or talk in your rooms, we all have exams in the morning"? Either written or spoken would be handy.
I tried talking to the Japanese people on our corridor last night (somehow I got elected to do this) and they did not understand a word I said. They just nodded and said sorry, over and over, and then didn't move away. And I felt mean, so I tried talking to them and asking if they liked England, and they just said sorry again.
:sad:

Edited to make My Alt feel better.
My Alt
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by assmaster)
I'm actually not too nervous for these exams, as I have resigned myself to retaking the year anyway.
Oh please, take your drama somewhere else.

On a happier note, took 3 hours out to watch the cricket today. Did not regret it one bit
Simplicity
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Does anyone here know the Japanese for "please be quiet on our corridor, or talk in your rooms, we all have exams in the morning"? Either written or spoken would be handy.
I tried talking to the Japanese people on our corridor last night (somehow I got elected to do this) and they did not understand a word I said. They just nodded and said sorry, over and over, and then didn't move away. And I felt mean, so I tried talking to them and asking if they liked England, and they just said sorry again.
:sad:
I'm actually not too nervous for these exams, as I have resigned myself to retaking the year anyway.
You could use a universal hand gesture.

Don't worry I doubt you will fail it. Plust you missed a lot because of illness. Anyway, you seem smart you will do okay.
Oh I Really Don't Care
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by My Alt)
On a happier note, took 3 hours out to watch the cricket today. Did not regret it one bit
I miss the days of leather on willow. Do you currently play, Imran, or do you spectate?
My Alt
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by DeanK22)
I miss the days of leather on willow. Do you currently play, Imran, or do you spectate?
Play. For college at Uni and for Sandhurst back home. Good times.
v-zero
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
:slap:

Now STFU, retard.
Oh I Really Don't Care
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Play. For college at Uni and for Sandhurst back home. Good times.
Will you be present at the Varsity match?
assmaster
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Sorry, don't know what I was thinking - chatting about uni Maths in the Maths Uni Chat thread? Offending post removed.

(Original post by Simplicity)
universal hand gesture
Ahahahaha
How are Manc's exams going? I'm always a little curious about your course as I nearly went there.
My Alt
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Will you be present at the Varsity match?
Unlikely, but not impossible.
My Alt
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Sorry, don't know what I was thinking - chatting about uni Maths in the Maths Uni Chat thread? Offending post removed.
That very consciencious
Hathlan
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago

You're like AIDS but without the sex appeal.
Hathlan
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Rediscovered my taste for hickory roasted salmon fillets. This is going to be an expensive few weeks.
This sounds really good. Love salmon. Smoked salmon is the best tho.
My Alt
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Hathlan)
And who are you, the good user police?
v-zero
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Hathlan)
More like a hybrid of Cancer and Erectile Dysfunction.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (145)
38.36%
No - but I will (21)
5.56%
No - I don't want to (28)
7.41%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (184)
48.68%

Watched Threads