Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    Gervinho absolutely bossed Ligue 1 and cant even kick a ball in the EPL, Etienne capoue is still untested and we need proven quality.
    Its depends on the player how well they settle at a club. Capoue isn't untested he's been a stand out player at Toulouse for some time. He's also played international games arguably the highest level of football. We would have signed him in Jan if not for Newcastle.

ReputationRep:
    Apparently we're close to finalising the deal for Higuain. I'd much rather have him than Rooney.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IWantSomeMushu)
    Apparently we're close to finalising the deal for Higuain. I'd much rather have him than Rooney.
    Why?

ReputationRep:
    Coz Higuain wont eat all the pies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    Why?
    Younger
    Better finisher
    Better attitude

The only thing Rooney has over him is probably his link-up play.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IWantSomeMushu)
    Younger
    Better finisher
    Better attitude

The only thing Rooney has over him is probably his link-up play.
    Link-up play is pretty ****ing important in our system though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boner in joggers)
    Link-up play is pretty ****ing important in our system though.
    I wouldn't want to pay a £25m transfer fee + £250k p/w to a declining Rooney. He isn't worth it. Higuain is much better value. We really need a deadly finisher and he fits the bill.

ReputationRep:
    As much as people say we need a deadly finisher - sometimes we do have problems creating chances when the other team is parking the bus. That's why I wanted jovetic more than higuain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    As much as people say we need a deadly finisher - sometimes we do have problems creating chances when the other team is parking the bus. That's why I wanted jovetic more than higuain.
    We do definitely still need that creativity in midfield.... Are there any other targets with Jovetic like qualties btw? In the case that we don't get him, who else are we looking at?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dami_O)
    We do definitely still need that creativity in midfield.... Are there any other targets with Jovetic like qualties btw? In the case that we don't get him, who else are we looking at?
    Ross Barkley

ReputationRep:
    Tevez anyone?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    :banana: Grenier :banana:

And fabregas is definitely done!

Leaving the sarcasm aside - have you seen grenier play and if so how is he? I'm afraid I don't watch ligue 1 too much. If Wenger sees something, then I'm confident that he will do well. Well maybe not completely confident but 90%.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    Ross Barkley
    I know you joke a lot but I can't tell right now, I'm gonna assume you're joking haha... He's decent though.

(Original post by printergirl)
    Tevez anyone?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Would not say no to Tevez, very highly rated in my books

(Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    :banana: Grenier :banana:

And fabregas is definitely done!

Leaving the sarcasm aside - have you seen grenier play and if so how is he? I'm afraid I don't watch ligue 1 too much. If Wenger sees something, then I'm confident that he will do well. Well maybe not completely confident but 90%.
    Don't do that, was about to run down to check Sky news lool... I haven't seen too much just the youtube stuff, but I really like what I see. He looks 'talented' and not just 'good'... Heard him described as being like Nasri too... i hope they're talking about his football and not his love of Man City

ReputationRep:
    I know you joke a lot but I can't tell right now, I'm gonna assume you're joking haha... He's decent though.

Would not say no to Tevez, very highly rated in my books

Don't do that, was about to run down to check Sky news lool... I haven't seen too much just the youtube stuff, but I really like what I see. He looks 'talented' and not just 'good'... Heard him described as being like Nasri too... i hope they're talking about his football and not his love of Man City
    www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/arsenal-agree-terms-with-barca-for-fabregas

ReputationRep:
    You are one sadistic little ****

ReputationRep:
    You are one sadistic little ****
    Nah - I just got fooled by this on twitter :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KissMyArsene)
    Coz Higuain wont eat all the pies
    Higuain it is then...can't have the squad deprived of the famous banoffee pie!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by megadeath999)
    Higuain it is then...can't have the squad deprived of the famous banoffee pie!
    Thought you guys got rid of the march crumble anyway and sold it to your noisy neighbours.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Thought you guys got rid of the march crumble anyway and sold it to your noisy neighbours.
    Yep, that was some M&S grade crumble

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bronco2012)
    Theo Santi Poldi
    Rooney

Not too sure about Theo and Poldi on the wings tbh.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.