Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Denu)

And finally, anyone at YSJ for interview on Monday 16th in the afternoon? :-)
    Hey, how did it go? Everything as expected?
    And if I'm allowed to ask - were people allowed notes for either/both presentations?
    Hope it all went well!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swarfliam)
    Anyone else's track for 'Last Updated' just changed all their options to today's date, despite there being updates on them previous to this on different days before?

Yes and the 'Your current choices will respond no later than...' date has gone back a week.

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

dilemma, has anyone already accepted their choice/offer yet?

I was just wondering, do we withdraw our application on UCAS and then so something else after that with the choice we are accepting?

I am confused how to accept the offer when I am still interviewing at the other two....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxstace123xx)
    Yes and the 'Your current choices will respond no later than...' date has gone back a week.

Yeah just noticed that too. Not too happy about that! Why do you think they changed it?? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swarfliam)
    Yeah just noticed that too. Not too happy about that! Why do you think they changed it?? :confused:
    Maybe they realised that some school direct places couldn't cope with the time frame? Being as it is a new system, or they're having an extra week off at Christmas

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jo_Marie)
    Hello,

I was just wondering, do we withdraw our application on UCAS and then so something else after that with the choice we are accepting?

I am confused how to accept the offer when I am still interviewing at the other two....
    I was confused to. It wasnt made very clear. Basically in order to accept an offer you have to withdraw your applications from the other places. Simply click withdraw then you will be able to respond to accept or decline.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pebbles19)
    I had an interview for Oxford Brooke's primary earlier. Haven't applied to the other too so can't help you there! Hope you hear soon

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Me too! When did you have your interview? How did they contact you? Was the interview difficult/stressful?

Sorry for all the questions you don't have to answer them. Oxford Brookes are my last choice really because it's so far away from home but I'd still like to hear back from them soon! I didn't put my application in until the 6th so that is probably the reason for the delay.

ReputationRep:
    I noticed that too! It said Jan this morning now changed to 4th Feb???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sara Jayne)
    I have applied for Leeds Met and Bishop Grosseteste in Lincoln, York is the only one I have heard back from yet, which is worrying me slightly! I live in Leeds so not too far from York. For the notes, I've done a bit of both, perspectives and what I think it means! Feeling nervous now! x
    Oh I was going to apply to BG too! I wouldn't worry too much, I'm sure they'll get back to you soon. I still haven't heard back from Chester. I'm sooooo nervous eek, can't wait until it's over! I'll probably see you tomorrow (I'll be the tall girl shaking in the corner!)

ReputationRep:
    yes the exactly same thing happened to me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jo_Marie)
    Hello,

Congratulations on your offer from St Mary's! We must have been in the same interview! Was just wondering you mentioned an email you recieved when you got the offer but I didn't get an email from St Mary's… just an update on UCAS. I've accepted my offer but just wondering what they said in the email? Do you think I should email them? So excited!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alabelle)
    Me too! When did you have your interview? How did they contact you? Was the interview difficult/stressful?

Sorry for all the questions you don't have to answer them. Oxford Brookes are my last choice really because it's so far away from home but I'd still like to hear back from them soon! I didn't put my application in until the 6th so that is probably the reason for the delay.
    Haha no problem! My interview was this morning, it wasn't really what I had expected, all group stuff and no formal interview at all! Couple of group tasks and a presentation that you prepared at the interview. The staff were really nice though and the informal attitude did make it less stressful. But then it depends how much you like group interviews - I'm not a massive fan!!
    They emailed me to let me know they had my application a couple of days after I sent it off and then emailed me to invite me to interview but it did get updated on track too.
    Yeah I'm sure they've just had a lot to go through

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sara Jayne)
    Hi! I was just wondering if anyone had heard back from Bishop Grosseteste yet? Feel like I've been waiting forever to hear back from them!
    I haven't heard anything!! I haven't even had an acknowledgement they are my last one to hear from x

ReputationRep:
    Interview tomorrow at 9am! I think I'll feel so much better once this first one is out of the way because I know what to expect for the rest then. I've been reading stuff all night but I'm starting to think I'll never feel prepared no matter how much I do, so I've stopped. It makes me feel better knowing that no-one has come back on here saying their interview was a horrible experience!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madl24903)
    Cambridge Uni, PGCE Primary - Unsuccessful
    That's a shame How are your other choices going?
    May I ask what your academics/experience is like.
    I'm still trying to decide whether to apply there or not while I'm still waiting for my second reference!!

ReputationRep:
    How long was the gap between you getting the e mail confirmation to getting an interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airfairy)
    Interview tomorrow at 9am! I think I'll feel so much better once this first one is out of the way because I know what to expect for the rest then. I've been reading stuff all night but I'm starting to think I'll never feel prepared no matter how much I do, so I've stopped. It makes me feel better knowing that no-one has come back on here saying their interview was a horrible experience!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You'll be absolutely fine, what subject are you going for again? Had mine for secondary english this morning at Manchester uni, and even though I'm not sure whether I answered brilliantly, the questions were pretty good. They're not trying to catch you out, everything was related either to the lessons I'd had to plan for the interview, my experience in schools or why I wanted to teach. Basically all questions which I could answer without memorising anything - I didn't get asked about educational policies or anything like that which I was worrying about!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amul1992)
    You'll be absolutely fine, what subject are you going for again? Had mine for secondary english this morning at Manchester uni, and even though I'm not sure whether I answered brilliantly, the questions were pretty good. They're not trying to catch you out, everything was related either to the lessons I'd had to plan for the interview, my experience in schools or why I wanted to teach. Basically all questions which I could answer without memorising anything - I didn't get asked about educational policies or anything like that which I was worrying about!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm going for r.e. Thanks for letting me know about your interview, every story help . I'm worried about the whole thing. I'll feel so much better when it's done.

Hope you get an offer!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm going for r.e. Thanks for letting me know about your interview, every story help . I'm worried about the whole thing. I'll feel so much better when it's done.

Hope you get an offer!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You're welcome, I know how I felt last night! I'd just say make sure you extend your answers as much as you can, it's always better to give them all the goods and feel as though you talked too much than say too little and have to have them prompt you. The more they have to go off the better, just be as smiley and relaxed as poss (even if you're actually panicking!). Best of luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.