Report 3 years ago
Firmed Kings
HUBWD
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ~amethyst~)
Did anyone who firmed Cardiff get an email from them confirming you put them as your firm or anything? Or do they not email you? My insurance has emailed me but still waiting for something from Cardiff.
I've firmed them about 3 weeks ago and still haven't received an email, I don't think they email anyone. You looked at accommodation?
mishmoshmogo
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Has anyone got in for the pharmacy summer school at Kings/ucl through Sutton trust.
TheGemini
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by LizzyMW96)
I'm on a gap year so I already have A-levels in Biology, Chemistry and Maths all at grade B and an A in Economics at AS.
I applied to Birmingham, Cardiff, Manchester, Portsmouth and Keele but I withdrew my applications to Manchester and Keele after receiving interview offers. I attended an interview at Cardiff and have a conditional offer of AAB. Birmingham gave me a conditional offer of AAB without interview and Portsmouth gave me an unconditional offer without interview.
When I applied through UCAS I intended to retake modules in Maths and Biology to try and achieve As but realistically this was not possible, so I am no longer retaking. This means I can't reach my AAB offers.
I was thinking of firming Birmingham and putting Portsmouth as my insurance but having researched this I have realised that this will mean I probably wont get halls at Portsmouth if I end up there.
I really want to go to Birmingham but also wouldn't mind going to Portsmouth. Does anyone know what the chances would be of getting into Birmingham with BBB? Considering they have offered me AAB.
I want to firm Birmingham because I am hoping they will let me in with my lower grades but then I also really want halls if I go to Portsmouth.
Does anyone study Pharmacy at Birmingham now? Or did anyone miss their offer but still get in? Anyone with any advice?

(Also at AS i achieved AABBB, As in Maths and Economics and Bs in Chemistry, Biology and General Studies)
Only Birmingham admissions can decide .Last year Birmingham accepted BBB through clearing.
Your circumstances changed and they would want to know you're no longer retaking .If you firm them they will be *expecting* YOUR results from UCAS in August .Tough situation ,Idk tbh like I said only Birmingham admissions can say.
I think it will depend on how everyone has done.Bare in mind Unis can take as many people as they can accommodate with ABB and above .When they get the results those who have met their offers are confirmed first then look for those who weren't far off and so on.Is it too late to just focus on one unit and try for an A?.You already know the material it's just practise.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Itsmonique
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Firmed bath. Anyone else?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Fuumin
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Itsmonique)
Firmed bath. Anyone else?
Fellow bath firmer here! dont think ive been more hyped about anything in my life, so surprised when i got the offer!
Itsmonique
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Fuumin)
Fellow bath firmer here! dont think ive been more hyped about anything in my life, so surprised when i got the offer!
Me too! I loved everything about the campus when I went for the interview!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Danny786
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Me too! I loved everything about the campus when I went for the interview!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Likewise, I firmed Bath too!
Itsmonique
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Danny786)
Likewise, I firmed Bath too!
What accommodation have you applied for? I'm looking into self catered!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Danny786
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
What accommodation have you applied for? I'm looking into self catered!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Have you not applied yet? I applied to Sols as first choice
Itsmonique
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Have you not applied yet? I applied to Sols as first choice
I've only firmed Bath on Saturday. As I reviewed my last offer Thursday last week. Do I have to wait for an acknowledgement from bath uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile
mishmoshmogo
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
do you have to take maths a level to study pharmacy
Fuumin
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by mishmoshmogo)
from what ive seen the only A levels that are explicitly needed for pharmacy regardless of course provider is chemistry, and normally any additional science subject at AS as well, but this will naturally differ from uni to uni.
none that i saw whilst looking stated maths as a specific requirement.

from qualified colleagues ive spoken to, the maths requirement is relatively low for a STEM subject, so dont let it put you off such an otherwise interesting subject!
Danny786
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I've only firmed Bath on Saturday. As I reviewed my last offer Thursday last week. Do I have to wait for an acknowledgement from bath uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Think so, I think most of the good accomodation is gone unfortunately, only a few left. Check the bath accomodation thread on TSR, has more info there.
When did you recieve your bath offer, how long ago?
chanel96
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by mishmoshmogo)
I'm pretty sure you don't need it I haven't and all the pharmacy schools I applied for offered me a place! However it may be good to take it as there are some calculations involved in the degree so it could give you an upper hand! But it's not a necessity I don't think!
Itsmonique
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Think so, I think most of the good accomodation is gone unfortunately, only a few left. Check the bath accomodation thread on TSR, has more info there.
When did you recieve your bath offer, how long ago?
Ahh that's unfair. I applied to Nottingham so they took AGES to give me an interview! I got the offer from Bath in February!

Posted from TSR Mobile
mishmoshmogo
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by chanel96)
I'm pretty sure you don't need it I haven't and all the pharmacy schools I applied for offered me a place! However it may be good to take it as there are some calculations involved in the degree so it could give you an upper hand! But it's not a necessity I don't think!

thank you so much i am studying maths for as level and i love it but im scared i cant guarantee strong grades for maths
TheGemini
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Ahh that's unfair. I applied to Nottingham so they took AGES to give me an interview! I got the offer from Bath in February!

Posted from TSR Mobile
At this time the nice accommodation is gone
I'm 99% sure I'm going to miss my first choice accommodation at Manchester.I thought you were going to firm Nottingham

Posted from TSR Mobile
Itsmonique
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by TheGemini)
At this time the nice accommodation is gone
I'm 99% sure I'm going to miss my first choice accommodation at Manchester.I thought you were going to firm Nottingham

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's what I thought too at the beginning of sixth form. However, after I visited bath university I immediately changed my mind. I preferred the overall course structure at Bath and i just seemed a lot more comfortable there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
TheGemini
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
That's what I thought too at the beginning of sixth form. However, after I visited bath university I immediately changed my mind. I preferred the overall course structure at Bath and i just seemed a lot more comfortable there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Same! But with Manchester
Good luck gurl!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    MA Performance Design and Practice Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Jan '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
  • SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (58)
19.46%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (119)
39.93%
Nope, not that interesting (121)
40.6%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise