Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Secretnerd123)
    Soz that i dismiss the very rational (!) fact that we used to be apes.
    Well its the best theory that we,as the human race, have come up with to fit the evidence before us. If you can somehow explain all the evidence using a different theory and are more intelligent than all scientists that have ever existed, then please unleash this theory upon the world, so that your name may be remembered forever.

If not. Pipe down.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenorebrem)
    Well its the best theory that we,as the human race, have come up with to fit the evidence before us. If you can somehow explain all the evidence using a different theory and are more intelligent than all scientists that have ever existed, then please unleash this theory upon the world, so that your name may be remembered forever.

If not. Pipe down.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    One word: QURAN

snm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Secretnerd123)
    One word: QURAN

snm
    Can you quote me a specific verse into Quran that contradicts this theory, since I assume that you do not mean the word "Quran" somehow contradicts evolution. Believe me this is not a debate. As you may have guessed I am a Muslim, I simply want to get rid of scientific ignorance.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can you quote me a specific verse into Quran that contradicts this theory, since I assume that you do not mean the word "Quran" somehow contradicts evolution. Believe me this is not a debate. As you may have guessed I am a Muslim, I simply want to get rid of scientific ignorance.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You said you were a Jew?

ReputationRep:

If not. Pipe down.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Dude do not turn this soc thread into a debating thread.
    We already have enough of bs islam threads on tsr as it is now for you to turn the som soc thread into a debate.
    Go somewhere else for that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Al-farhan)
    We already have enough of bs islam threads on tsr as it is now for you to turn the som soc thread into a debate.
    Let her answer the question. This is how we learn things and formulate opinions and ideas.

Surpressing intellectual conversations does no good to anybody. If you don't want to hear it, just block the user.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonynous)
    Let her answer the question. This is how we learn things and formulate opinions and ideas.

Surpressing intellectual conversations does no good to anybody. If you don't want to hear it, just block the user.
    Do you support evolution theory? Btw.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Badshah)
    You said you were a Jew?
    A jew is not necessarily a member of Judaism, hence he can be a muslim jew.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missfats)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I better come clean lol. I was just kidding . I thought the "somjew" bit gave it away. I think I just have a weird sense of humour.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Do you support evolution theory? Btw.
    I don't personally, due to religious conflicts in the supposed 'underlying proof'. Although I'm very open minded to hearing the various arguments in support of the theory.

I'm not really interested in the scientific aspects of how we came to be.. because frankly I don't care. Although, I've very much become intrigued by the whole concept of 'time' in the philophical sense.

ReputationRep:

You and your other debater fellow take it to another thread.
    No one suppressed and intellectual debate.
    Only thing being suppressed is derailing and spamming the thread.
    You have more than one venue to quench your thirst for intellectual conversations.
    Take it there.

ReputationRep:
    You and your other debater fellow take it to another thread.
    No one suppressed and intellectual debate.
    Only thing being suppressed is derailing and spamming the thread.
    You have more than one venue to quench your thirst for intellectual conversations.
    Take it there.
    It's an international thread. There's no rules with regards to the topics being discussed. Again, you have every right to block the users in questions, including myself. So utilise the tools TSR has so readily equipped you with.

ReputationRep:
    I completely agree. I don't really want to but, how can I let such views be expressed so strongly, when in my eyes they are truly erroneous. I agree with Anon, someone must speak or else ignorance will prevail.

ReputationRep:
    I don't personally, due to religious conflicts in the supposed 'underlying proof'. Although I'm very open minded to hearing the various arguments in support of the theory.

I'm not really interested in the scientific aspects of how we came to be.. because frankly I don't care. Although, I've very much become intrigued by the whole concept of 'time' in the philophical sense.
    Fair enough.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Planning to wake up 3am today to study.

Call me a weirdo but I wake up at this time everyday.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lol I have tried that at least 3 times this week.
    Every time it ended up like this :

5-10pm Sleep

10pm -11pm watch T.V show and/or YouTube videos

11pm start work

11:20pm - 11:40pm drowsy and sleepy

Set my alarm for 3AM to start work again and go to sleep at 12 AM

3AM woken up by alarm. Shut alarm. Go back to sleep.

Wake up at 6AM

OH s***t !!! :eek:

Repeat.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It's an international thread. There's no rules with regards to the topics being discussed. Again, you have every right to block the users in questions, including myself. So utilise the tools TSR has so readily equipped you with.
    It is a society thread, and I'm indeed using the tools given on tsr by objecting to this non beneficial non-debate that will only serve to heighten tensions between members and spam the thread for pages.
    There is an evolution thread, if your aims are truly intellectual beneficial debate it would be taken there rather than this soc where only a select few would view.

ReputationRep:
    It is a society thread, and I'm indeed using the tools given on tsr by objecting to this non beneficial non-debate that will only serve to heighten tensions between members and spam the thread for pages.
    There is an evolution thread, if your aims are truly intellectual beneficial debate it would be taken there rather than this soc where only a select few would view.
    In hindsight I agree I was wrong. I'm sick and tired of these debates about religion, so yeah I won't bother. I honestly feel like this is one of the few places on TSR that feels so chilled and relaxed. I don't want to stir things up. Sorry guys.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    True. It's weird that Jew is also a race.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I sleep at around this time every day.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.