Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adynaton)
    Thanks, good luck to you too (and may the odds be ever in our favor ). PPE, you?
    English and French !

See? You're already one step above us, mate.

I'm in denial right now, pretending that November 4th is months away or, even better, that we'll just skip it this year...
    Same...

ReputationRep:
    See? You're already one step above us, mate.

I'm in denial right now, pretending that November 4th is months away or, even better, that we'll just skip it this year...
    Exactly in the same situation. Applied for PPE at Oriel. What college did you apply? Do you know if the TSA is used to decide who to interview, or only when making offers?

ReputationRep:
    Anybody else for Law at Brasenose? I need some kind of reassurance that my below-par grades may not be instant-rejection material :s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ntanationa)
    Exactly in the same situation. Applied for PPE at Oriel. What college did you apply? Do you know if the TSA is used to decide who to interview, or only when making offers?
    Christ Church for me. I'm afraid it is a strong factor taken into consideration for interview shortlisting.

ReputationRep:
    Christ Church for me. I'm afraid it is a strong factor taken into consideration for interview shortlisting.
    Okay thanks! Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tamara98)
    English and French !
    That sounds so interesting! Which universities did you apply to?

Same...
    How are you preparing, if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ntanationa)
    Okay thanks! Good luck
    No problem at all. Good luck to you too

ReputationRep:
    That sounds so interesting! Which universities did you apply to?

How are you preparing, if you don't mind me asking?
    I've also applied to UCL, KCL and Warwick. I don't have a fifth choice.
    I've been practicing my close reading skills, reviewing literary genres and grammar for both languages. For the ELAT (English), looking at past papers online but it's really frustrating as some texts are missing due to copyright...I'm trying to build up confidence by working with the little I've got.
    How about your other choices and the TSA ?

ReputationRep:
    I've also applied to UCL, KCL and Warwick. I don't have a fifth choice.
    I've been practicing my close reading skills, reviewing literary genres and grammar for both languages. For the ELAT (English), looking at past papers online but it's really frustrating as some texts are missing due to copyright...I'm trying to build up confidence by working with the little I've got.
    How about your other choices and the TSA ?
    I've applied to St Andrews, Warwick, Edinburgh and Glasgow. Luckily, we've got a fair amount of practice tests to look at. However, it's the second part (essay part) of the TSA that worries me the most as I have no way whatsoever to understand if I'm good enough.

ReputationRep:
    I've applied to St Andrews, Warwick, Edinburgh and Glasgow. Luckily, we've got a fair amount of practice tests to look at. However, it's the second part (essay part) of the TSA that worries me the most as I have no way whatsoever to understand if I'm good enough.
    I have also applied for those 3 scotish unis, for Biochemistry though
    haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloetraynor)
    Anybody else for Law at Brasenose? I need some kind of reassurance that my below-par grades may not be instant-rejection material :s
    How below par? I got offered for law (not Brasenose) with a U in an AS module

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonlad)
    How below par? I got offered for law (not Brasenose) with a U in an AS module
    Wow congrats! Do you mind me asking what you got at GCSE and AS level?
    And by below-par I mean: 4A*, 6A and 2B at GCSE, and AABB at AS (predicted A*AA) :-(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OxSarah)
    Christ Church what about you?
    Brasenose
    I'm really nervous about the bmat tho

Anyone applying to Harris Manchester?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Pythian)
      Anyone applying to Harris Manchester?
      HM is beautiful, I walk past it on my way to tutorials <3

(Original post by colourtheory)
        HM is beautiful, I walk past it on my way to tutorials <3
        Oh. What do you study?

Oh God. I received an email from their admissions lady acknowledging my application. Lovely place. So excited .

ReputationRep:
        Does any one have any ideas when exactly we will know whether we are shortlisted for interview or rejected straightaway?

Course: Geography
        IB Predicted: 40 with 776 in HL

Hope to get some idea before being rejected straightaway =.=

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Caffe_sean1)
        Does any one have any ideas when exactly we will know whether we are shortlisted for interview or rejected straightaway?

Generally, they send out invitations from late November to early December. The exact dates vary from college to college and course to course. I think invitations went out from the 20th last year!

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by ilovecake123)
        Brasenose
        I'm really nervous about the bmat tho
        Me too.. which section in particular?

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Caffe_sean1)

Yup, as you have alredy been told, they will tell us in the last weeks of november. You can search online the dates for your course's interview, and you'll know that they will notify you at least 1 week in advance.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.