Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abzey_97)
    nope, its more of a personal ambition and something that I feel is not beyond my reach.
    I need an ABB for physics, maths and chem. in any order.
    Ah okay, they are still good marks, and if you had them the other way round I am sure you would get an A*.

ReputationRep:
    64 in C3, hopefully (yeah, I know, I did some stupid crap)... 68/69 in C4 (if they give me a nice load of method marks on 8 after having integrated slightly incorrectly). A* possible/likely? Do you people think that the grade boundaries will really be as low as Arsey is guessing? I really don't think that C3 paper is worthy of such low grade boundaries, but hey I'm not going to complain if they end up that low. So annoyed about C3... I managed to not read/understand a really easy 6-mark question until the last few seconds and had no time to do anything; I do stupid stuff in exams. Hopefully I didn't get any lower than 64 in that.
    Cheers.

ReputationRep:
    Think I got full marks on C3 and somewhere between 61-66 in C4. A* will be tight!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smem_96)
    You might lose a method mark and then the final answer mark, so long as the rest of your working is correct
    Ah seriously? Thanks man(woman?) thats great!! 73/75 is not bad at all... (says sarcastically whilst astonished at such an achievement inside!)

ReputationRep:
    How many UMS would 55/75 be for this paper?

ReputationRep:
    62 in c3 and 66 in c4 enough to absolutely scrape the A* ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkcrystal)
    How many UMS would 55/75 be for this paper?
    75-77 I think

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wahid1)
    75-77 I think

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ok thank you! That seems higher than I expected, do people reckon the grade boundaries will be low?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jayjay531)
    62 in c3 and 66 in c4 enough to absolutely scrape the A* ?
    C3 didn't go down well so 62 could be 90% you never know. In my opinion, you might miss out, it will be close.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Braddy16)
    C3 didn't go down well so 62 could be 90% you never know. In my opinion, you might miss out, it will be close.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How close you reckon I'll be?
    Thank you for replying by the way

ReputationRep:
    Think I've missed A* by a couple marks... ****

ReputationRep:
    258 Ums last year

54/75 m1
    66/75 c3
    60/75 c4

Thoughts on whether I have got enough for an A?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Artfanatic)
    258 Ums last year

54/75 m1
    66/75 c3
    60/75 c4

Thoughts on whether I have got enough for an A?
    if your estimates are correct definitely
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeeEm)
    if your estimates are correct definitely
    OOoh I hope so! Well they are all worst case scenario I think so hopefully I have estimated right. Just gotta wait till results day I guess!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Artfanatic)
    OOoh I hope so! Well they are all worst case scenario I think so hopefully I have estimated right. Just gotta wait till results day I guess!
    If that's your worst case scenario, you could be looking at A* mate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xKay)
    If that's your worst case scenario, you could be looking at A* mate
    I doubt it really - C4 went horrid for me but I think I will get 90% in C3 - who knows but I want the A really

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hasan6091)
    Even if i used subsitution i would not be able to do the question because of the fact that i do not know how to integrate a constant raised to a power because its not in any book or in the spec so my teachers didnt bother teaching it
    I wasn't taught it either, I've emailed edexcel to ask about it as it isn't it any textbook

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ahb123)
    I wasn't taught it either, I've emailed edexcel to ask about it as it isn't it any textbook
    if you had looked at the jan 13 paper you would have learnt how to do it. Just shows you didn't revise enough tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xKay)
    if you had looked at the jan 13 paper you would have learnt how to do it. Just shows you didn't revise enough tbh
    Considering I taught myself the subject I shouldn't have to do every single past paper to uncover that. It's simple, if edexcel are going to ask a question on something it should be included in the textbook

ReputationRep:
    Will
    62 in c4
    43 in c3
    65 in m1
    Be enough for 210 this year?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.