Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Arsenal Thread XXII watch

Announcements
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Decent pre-game Q&A from Daniel Taylor on The Guardian: http://www.theguardian.com/football/...r-old-trafford

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Our kits last year were the WOAT, but we were sick. Just goes to show.
    That purple and black kit looked like something even QPR would be ashamed to wear.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Arkasia)
    That purple and black kit looked like something even QPR would be ashamed to wear.
    It's weird, because all our home kits under Warrior have far surpassed any of Adidas/Reebok's efforts. It seems that they go mental when it comes to the away strips, though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    It's weird, because all our home kits under Warrior have far surpassed any of Adidas/Reebok's efforts. It seems that they go mental when it comes to the away strips, though.
    Generally simple is best, it's why our third kit (also purple/black) made me want to vomit every time I saw it. Liverpool and United = Red, Arsenal = Red and White, Spurs = White, Chelsea and City = Blue. Football kits have become too much about fashion and about what the fans will buy/advertisers will sponsor.

ReputationRep:
    Dreading the game tonight.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Generally simple is best, it's why our third kit (also purple/black) made me want to vomit every time I saw it. Liverpool and United = Red, Arsenal = Red and White, Spurs = White, Chelsea and City = Blue. Football kits have become too much about fashion and about what the fans will buy/advertisers will sponsor.
    Teams have to have away kits, though.

ReputationRep:
    I'm hopeful tbh. United may be winning games a lot these days, but Old Trafford isn't the fortress it used to be, and we have the squad now to overcome the mentality issue.

ReputationRep:
    I'm hopeful tbh. United may be winning games a lot these days, but Old Trafford isn't the fortress it used to be, and we have the squad now to overcome the mentality issue.
    But do we have the manager?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Numan786)
    But do we have the manager?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The manager can only be to blame for so much. The manager can have perfect tactics, but one defensive error and the team can lose. Conversely, the manager can be a complete mong, but if the team trust each other and want the win badly enough, they will make do by playing a good game, regardless of what the manager says.

As a cup game, I will say that Wenger is not a mug, and knows this is his only chance for silverware, thus he wont piss about. If it was a league game, I would say that we have absolutely no chance in this fixture, and part of that would possibly be Wenger's tactics.

ReputationRep:
    Honestly don't see why you lot are so scared. Just avoid pushing high up otherwise Young and Di Maria will have a field day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Honestly don't see why you lot are so scared. Just avoid pushing high up otherwise Young and Di Maria will have a field day.
    We all know this jam the question is does wenger ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    This thread when I reopen it will be either:

Wenger is the greatest manager ever, we are unstoppable, Giroud is world class, we can still win the league
    Wenger should resign tomorrow, he is ruining our club, Giroud is ****, we won't get 4th place

ReputationRep:
    YESSSSS
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Chuffed Welbz celebrated. Fair play to him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)

Wenger is the greatest manager ever, we are unstoppable, Giroud is world class, we can still win the league
    Wenger should resign tomorrow, he is ruining our club, Giroud is ****, we won't get 4th place

(Original post by sr90)

uMAD?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)

Sadly, Giroud wasn't involved in most of the match.

But all hail the new RVP (minus the "she said no"/world-class/white/Dutch attributes)

Bradford are next! (or Reading)

ReputationRep:
    Bradford or reading top Bantz

ReputationRep:
    bradford/reading vs arsenal

Villa vs liverpool/blackburn..

not bad - dont really care at this point.. chances are we will have to face liverpool at wembley at one point.. draw does not feel to important.

We should be comfortably able to get past reading though, who I back against bradford at home.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Bradford/Reading in the semi's for you.

ReputationRep:
    NOT ONLY DID WE WIN BUT WE GOT BRADFORD/READING FFS omg

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 12, 2015
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.