Turn on thread page Beta

Law Offers for 2016? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oli19919)
    Is 7A*s still considered good for law at Oxford even though that's the average for my school

Posted from TSR Mobile
    that's totally fine - i got 7A* 1A 3B at GCSE and was made an offer for law from oriel college

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Viria)
    Anyone else still waiting on an offer/rejection from UCL?
    ME!! i rang up admissions and the lady said i'll hear back by the 31st march

ReputationRep:
    Got offers from all five choices - Sheffield, Liverpool, Reading , UEA and Essex . Just chose Sheffield as firm and Liverpool as my insurance. Hopefully I can get in! 😁 Anyone else going to Sheffield?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, everyone!

Wondering if anyone who applied for Durham's VC's scholarship have been notified of the outcome.

Are unsuccessful applicants also notified or are only the successful ones are sent a letter/message?

Thanks x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahblake)
    Still waiting to hear back from Bristol and they're my first choice but after reading this I am expecting a rejection, we seem pretty similar candidates I got AABB too, am predicted A*AA, got 9 A*s, 2 As and 2 Bs but only got 25 in my LNAT. Currently got offers from Newcastle, Warwick and Kings and a rejection from UCL. Fingers crossed.
    "expect the worst but hope for the best". You have better predications and GCSEs than me so you never know!! Your other offers are really fantastic though so well done. Best of luck with Bristol. I think I was going to firm Bristol too

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for your email. I can confirm that your UCAS Track will be updated shortly. The Admissions Tutor for Law has had an exceptionally high number of applications and is always extremely thorough when making decisions. We have now received all of these back into the Centralised Admissions Office and therefore you will be hearing soon.

From Nottingham law llb

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwertyuipdoe)
    Is the decision maker one person or a group of people?
    One person apparently as they told me she had gone home for the week

ReputationRep:
    Received an offer from Nottingham last night

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sajabajax)
    Received an offer from Nottingham last night
    Congrats!! Do you mind me asking what your lnat AS grades and A2 predictions were?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lks97)
    Congrats!! Do you mind me asking what your lnat AS grades and A2 predictions were?
    Thank you!
    AS: AAAA
    A2 prediction: A*A*A
    LNAT: 24

ReputationRep:
    Bristol or Nottingham?

ReputationRep:
    Bristol or Nottingham?
    Bristol!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Bristol or Nottingham?
    Too close to call - Nottingham gets more students securing training contracts and has a slightly better reputation overall. However, Bristol is AAA so it will be easier to get into

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AgEnT_Oo795)
    Too close to call - Nottingham gets more students securing training contracts and has a slightly better reputation overall. However, Bristol is AAA so it will be easier to get into
    I'd disagree with your point about training contracts and reputation ngl, the report produced about which unis had most training contracts (probably find it on here somehwere) had bristol above nottingham

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    the report produced about which unis had most training contracts (probably find it on here somehwere) had bristol above nottingham

http://www.chambersstudent.co.uk/med...university.pdf

I assume you're talking about this one?

But yeah you're right, it tends to show Bristol slightly above Nottingham for most catagories - although Bristol might have a higher law intake than Nottingham which would compensate for it a bit.

ReputationRep:
    I'd disagree with your point about training contracts and reputation ngl, the report produced about which unis had most training contracts (probably find it on here somehwere) had bristol above nottingham

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I haven't seen this report but you may be right. Is there a report detailing how many pupillages are given out? Besides - the reputation is still very close so more important things like accommodation, the city, uni life, campus, SU, etc... are all subjective areas of consideration that might sway either uni depending on who's deciding.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by TelAviv)
    http://www.chambersstudent.co.uk/med...university.pdf

I assume you're talking about this one?

But yeah you're right, it tends to show Bristol slightly above Nottingham for most catagories - although Bristol might have a higher law intake than Nottingham which would compensate for it a bit.
    (Original post by AgEnT_Oo795)
    I haven't seen this report but you may be right. Is there a report detailing how many pupillages are given out? Besides - the reputation is still very close so more important things like accommodation, the city, uni life, campus, SU, etc... are all subjective areas of consideration that might sway either uni depending on who's deciding.
    Guys, these reports do not reflect the value of each university at all. Don't repeat these mistakes. Do you really think any employer would purposefully choose, say, Nottingham over UCL? (In the recent version, Nottingham is fourth).

As for student numbers, Tel Aviv, Nottingham is a much larger university overall- don't forget that 40-50% of trainees at larger firms are non law.

So, overall, the survey is useful, more so than rankings for sure, but it is definitely not flawless.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I just got all my replies back. So Bristol or Sheffield? 🤔

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nsyakirahs)
    Bristol
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by nsyakirahs)
    Easy decision, Bristol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.