The Official Cambridge Offer Holders Thread 2016 Entry MK II

University Navigation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    Savage.
    2 savage for me 2 handle.
    I hope you got the handle joke, i just pissed myself laughing about it.
    TBH. I might just stay at home. Probably wont have to travel as much.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    2 savage 4 me 2 handle ftfy

ReputationRep:
    If you've been pooled, track may take some time to update. If you've heard you're in, then stop worrying and enjoy the rest of summer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    You don't have to.

But there are benefits (cheap overdraft, etc) and you can have more than one current account...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hey jneill I had a question, do you know if there's a deadline for withdrawing from any UCAS offers (Durham, specifically)?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fa991)
    Hey jneill I had a question, do you know if there's a deadline for withdrawing from any UCAS offers (Durham, specifically)?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No sorry I don't. I *think* you can do it any time before term starts. But just be careful you don't sign any accommodation contracts you can't back out of.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I wanna buy a new laptop.
    What type of discounts are there?
    Its an Apple one btw.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No sorry I don't. I *think* you can do it any time before term starts. But just be careful you don't sign any accommodation contracts you can't back out of.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Right thanks 😊, I don't think I've sorted any sort of accommodation yet so that's good

ReputationRep:
    I wanna buy a new laptop.
    What type of discounts are there?
    Its an Apple one btw.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    http://www.ucs.cam.ac.uk/support/mac-support
    (but I think you need a Raven account for that to work)

or
    http://www.apple.com/uk/shop/browse/...cation_pricing
    (via Unidays)

ReputationRep:
    When do we get our Raven and email accounts sorted is it in freshers week or before?

ReputationRep:
    Just add to my earlier post......
    We found large plastic crates with lid much more useful and easier to pack things than suitcases, especially when transporting them in a car. You can get these quite cheaply from any big DIY stores, like b&Q, Himebase, etc.
    Also I've seen many students/parents using a large carrier bags from IKEA like this. It's large, light, very strong and cheap.
    http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/17228340/

Also, you may want to check with your college if they allow you to leave your bike over holidays or not as, if they don't, you need to think of how to transport if every term.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.ucs.cam.ac.uk/support/mac-support
    (but I think you need a Raven account for that to work)

or
    http://www.apple.com/uk/shop/browse/...cation_pricing
    (via Unidays)
    Ah!
    Both require raven(setting up Unidays requires that or a uniadress).
    When do we get them btw?(if you know ofcourse?)
    Thanks for all the help btw.
    Discount is 10% right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ah!
    Discount is 10% right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Dunno when you get Raven sorry. A current student or vincrows will know.

(And yes I think it might be a little more (or less) discount depending on the product - the unidays thing is new, you used to be able to do it direct through the Apple site and it was quite easy to, er, bypass the institution email requirement that way...

ReputationRep:
    Ah!
    Discount is 10% right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Dunno when you get Raven sorry. A current student or vincrows will know.

(And yes I think it might be a little more (or less) discount depending on the product - the unidays thing is new, you used to be able to do it direct through the Apple site and it was quite easy to, er, bypass the institution email requirement that way...
    Lol actually was trying to recall when it was my daughter got Raven account but can't remember exactly when......
    I *think*' it was at the beginning of the fresher's week or just before she went to the college, definitely well after she received a welcome pack by post and send back some forms which was a part of preparation process to formerly become a member of college. Until these formality is done (on I its way to completion), I don't think you'll gain access to Raven.......if I remember correctly.........

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vincrows)
    Lol actually was trying to recall when it was my daughter got Raven account but can't remember exactly when......
    I *think*' it was at the beginning of the fresher's week or just before she went to the college, definitely well after she received a welcome pack by post and send back some forms which was a part of preparation process to formerly become a member of college. Until these formality is done (on I its way to completion), I don't think you'll gain access to Raven.......if I remember correctly.........
    Yes, I would expect it's in Fresher's week. Maybe just after matriculation as you are then a formal member of college...

Correction: it's soon... See below.

ReputationRep:
    Discount is 10% right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    think it's 15%

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I would expect it's in Fresher's week. Maybe just after matriculation as you are then a formal member of college...
    The only thing I'm pretty sure is it won't happen until the formality of becoming a member of college is at least well under way or completed. Gaining access to Raven is linked to officially becoming a college/university member, if I remember correctly, because there're lots of info exclusive to outsiders in there.
    But I also remember she had access to their system (def. not Raven) before that but it might be the same one she was using during the application/admission process......... Or might've been another one after the offer was confirmed until matriculation and switched to Raven after matriculation.............?????? ????

Sorry, you need to ask current students for more reliable info.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whizbox)
    When do we get our Raven and email accounts sorted is it in freshers week or before?
    (Original post by vincrows)
    Sorry, you need to ask current students for more reliable info.
    Officially it's "soon"

Thanks to this reply from Peterhouse Admissions
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...0&postcount=73

Which references this: http://www.uis.cam.ac.uk/for-students/gettingstarted

ReputationRep:
    yep, 'Student Registry', that's the one I was thinking about. Just couldn't remember when that happened.
    It's 5 years ago already!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whizbox)
    I definitely had my email address before arriving at college – probably a few weeks beforehand.

The earliest email I can find in my email account is from 7 September – and it's a "welcome to the MML mailing list" one so that is probably about when it was set up.

In fact I've gone into my personal email and it turns out I was emailed my CRSid (learn the terminology – that's the bit that comes before the @cam.ac.uk bit) on 17 August, but by the college so this may be different for different colleges.

ReputationRep:
    Wow thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I got mine some time in September, it's definitely way before matriculation.

- Actually I just checked and my first email was received on the 28th of August, so definitely soon

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: January 16, 2017
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you prefer to be told about sex by your:

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.