Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex-92)
    Ok exam is done now. Each to his own. Time for Chem5 revision.
    Physics for me =P good luck!!

ReputationRep:
    Mmm ok then. Not quite sure what point you are trying to prove by this post, or if you are just joking. I mean wtf? :confused:
    :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ibysaiyan)
    Physics for me =P good luck!!
    i have both haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by In2deep)
    I got 85% in AS and 62% in A2...apparently that's above average :curious:
    Your AS mark was above average. Your A2 mark doesn't mean much tbh difference between 60% UMS and 80% UMS was 8 raw marks and besides you're retaking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lossy1234)
    i have both haha
    Good luck to

ReputationRep:
    I'm trying to explain there is no ATP involved in the Ornithine cycle! If you have the OCR endorsed book by Heinemann (Sue Hocking), turn to pg 40, and look in the bottom left corner. You will see a clear Ornithine cycle. One H20 in and 2 H20 out. This produces one net H20 out per cycle, represented by the equation. In the exam they showed one H20 in and one H20 out on their diagram, so an additional H20 needed to be placed coming out of the diagram, on the arrow leaving the cycle.

:eek3:
    Ok, I am really confused about this H20 answer everyone has because basically, there's nothing about it in the OCR book by Cambridge Press. I scanned in the page so you can check it out.

Spoiler:
    Show

I can't really remember what arrows I put in for the answers but I know I got deamination, and the urea question right. I'm unsure where I put the location of CO2 but that's added in. And ATP is added in too.

Edit: quoted wrong person

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InvoluntarySlacker)
    Ok, I am really confused about this H20 answer everyone has because basically, there's nothing about it in the OCR book by Cambridge Press. I scanned in the page so you can check it out.

Spoiler:
    Show

I can't really remember what arrows I put in for the answers but I know I got deamination, and the urea question right. I'm unsure where I put the location of CO2 but that's added in. And ATP is added in too.
    That cycle is really crap it doesn't even have the other compounds such as Arginine and Citruline.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uer23)
    That cycle is really crap it doesn't even have the other compounds such as Arginine and Citruline.
    I didn't know what they were until the exam making the question quite confusing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uer23)
    I wrote atp hopefully that should also be on the MS

ReputationRep:

Spoiler:
    Show

Edit: quoted wrong person
    I guess that's correct. But the diagram in the exam had the arrows coming off of the cycle, wasn't going in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MasterJomi)
    I guess that's correct. But the diagram in the exam had the arrows coming off of the cycle, wasn't going in.
    I know, I realised. I was tempted to write ADP but thought better of it. I can't really blame myself for that question though. :bigsmile:

ReputationRep:
    I know, I realised. I was tempted to write ADP but thought better of it. I can't really blame myself for that question though. :bigsmile:
    Tbh I completely guessed. :rolleyes:
    Only started revising yesterday evening. And only briefly read of the Calvin cycle. :P

ReputationRep:
    i am worried that the exam board might mess up out ISA marks and put them down, didnt that happen last year?

this year i got 35/40 and last year i got 39/40.

i really hope grade boundaries are lower then last year.

most likely they will drop by like 2 marks. Most peoples mark went down compared to last year

ReputationRep:
    Tbh I completely guessed. :rolleyes:
    Only started revising yesterday evening. And only briefly read of the Calvin cycle. :P
    Try beating my rushed dash to the library at 9.30am.

I literally finished reading respiration at 1pm. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else write cristae and oxidative phosphorylation for that mitochondria diagram question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clever)
    i am worried that the exam board might mess up out ISA marks and put them down, didnt that happen last year?

this year i got 35/40 and last year i got 39/40.

i really hope grade boundaries are lower then last year.

most likely they will drop by like 2 marks. Most peoples mark went down compared to last year
    I got 29/40 this year...

Completely messed up the evaluative task.
    With an ISA like that I need pretty much 100% in F214 and F215 give or take a few UMS to get an A*.
    A man can dream, right? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Try beating my rushed dash to the library at 9.30am.

I literally finished reading respiration at 1pm. :p:
    Oh dear. What were you doing yesterday that took up all your attention? :eek:

(Original post by safe_boy)
    Did anyone else write cristae and oxidative phosphorylation for that mitochondria diagram question?
    Yeah, but I put Crista. :o:

ReputationRep:
    Just been wikipedia'ing to try and find the answer to the weird pufferfish poison question. there's nothing on the pufferfish page, but the page for the golden poison frog says it has special sodium channels to prevent the toxin binding to them, making it immune, and seeing as that's the same action that the pufferfish poison does, i'd go for that being the right answer. I personally said that the poison is stored and not released into the fish's system, which also makes sense to me at least.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by safe_boy)
    yeah i did

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear. What were you doing yesterday that took up all your attention? :eek:
    Student finance. Left it kinda late like I do with everything in my life.

I retained most of it from January anyway. I'm fairly confident with this exam even though I left revision the last minute.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 7, 2016

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.