The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Chunif
hahaha tsk tsk :P politicians ...sigh~

out of curiosity, have you started on ur personal statement? LOL im no where near starting :P but i'm assuming i have until oct. 15th to submit everything....sooo taking a chillpill right now :biggrin:

I'm pretty much done :colondollar: finished the first full draft at the start of July, but obviously I'll change bits and pieces in Sept :smile:
Chunif
no need to ruffle that gazebo of yours XP

then you wouldn't have the problem of having to wipe other ppl's rear quarters.

have i missed something here? :s-smilie:
Original post by medbh4805
have i missed something here? :s-smilie:

You make it look like the two statements are related :lol:
Original post by such_a_lady
You make it look like the two statements are related :lol:

:lol: didn't mean to, they're just some examples of rather strange uses of language :confused:
How are the personal statements going, everyone?

Personal statement? What personal statement? :frown: Ergh. :laugh:
Original post by medbh4805
:lol: didn't mean to, they're just some examples of rather strange uses of language :confused:

The first one is thanks to Eduardo, who is experimenting with making up his own idioms, including rustling gazebos. Don't ask.

The second one is apparently referring to the Greek crisis, although I can't be sure. :tongue:

Are you applying for LMH, then? Were there lots of cute guys there? :colone:
Reply 3806

sigh~ girls will always be girls XP
The first one is thanks to Eduardo, who is experimenting with making up his own idioms, including rustling gazebos. Don't ask.

The second one is apparently referring to the Greek crisis, although I can't be sure. :tongue:

yes :yep: ... but for some reason every classics student at LMH was a girl :s-smilie: but according to the prospectus LMH has a 50:50 gender ratio so... :borat:
Original post by Chunif
sigh~ girls will always be girls XP

because clearly men have absolutely no sex drive whatsoever compared to women

...wait
guysss i need your advice on whether i should apply to oxford university. My GCSE's arn't great at all, 3 A*s (history,maths,ict), 4 A's (english lang + lit, media, spanish), 4 B's (sciences and arabic).
Im predicted 3 A*s and an A for my A levels.
THe problem is i want to do PPE which i understand is really competitive to get into.

SHould i bother applying?? be honest...
Original post by qwerty1993
guysss i need your advice on whether i should apply to oxford university. My GCSE's arn't great at all, 3 A*s (history,maths,ict), 4 A's (english lang + lit, media, spanish), 4 B's (sciences and arabic).
THe problem is i want to do PPE which i understand is really competitive to get into.

Your predicteds are good, and if you're really passionate about the subject, then why not? :smile:
Reply 3811

I'm applying, and my IGCSEs are worse than yours, not to mention the IB predicteds I'm about to be burdened with :frown: . If I can be stupidly optimistic, why can't you? (Not that it would be stupidly optimistic with your A-Level predictions, but you get my point)
Original post by Eldedu
I'm applying, and my IGCSEs are worse than yours, not to mention the IB predicteds I'm about to be burdened with :frown: . If I can be stupidly optimistic, why can't you? (Not that it would be stupidly optimistic with your A-Level predictions, but you get my point)

yeah but it'd end up being a wasted choice :frown: i'm probably going to apply though... for the hell of it
what course do you want to do?
Reply 3813
yeah but it'd end up being a wasted choice :frown: i'm probably going to apply though... for the hell of it
what course do you want to do?

PPE like yourself.
In my case I just went all out for my choices, if I fail at all 5 I can get into uni in Spain fairly easily and if that doesn't suit there's always the States (I have a knack for impressing Americans).
x

if you didn't apply you'd always be left wondering 'but what if?' :tongue:
Original post by Eldedu
PPE like yourself.
In my case I just went all out for my choices, if I fail at all 5 I can get into uni in Spain fairly easily and if that doesn't suit there's always the States (I have a knack for impressing Americans).

haha thats always true...
but the only thing thats bothering me is that i can image the nightlife being absolutely dreadful. thats not what i consider university life. but maybe im just being too fussy
Reply 3816
Original post by manic_fuzz
if you didn't apply you'd always be left wondering 'but what if?' :tongue:

It was this very philosophy that led me to try stand-up comedy a few months ago.

The bar snack residue which I still find on my shirt has led me to question the wisdom of it tbh. :biggrin:
Reply 3817
haha thats always true...
but the only thing thats bothering me is that i can image the nightlife being absolutely dreadful. thats not what i consider university life. but maybe im just being too fussy

In my experience nightlife quality depends a lot more on who you're with than where you are, and one of the main reasons I'm applying to Oxford is the high esteem in which I hold my potential peers.
Original post by Eldedu
In my experience nightlife quality depends a lot more on who you're with than where you are, and one of the main reasons I'm applying to Oxford is the high esteem in which I hold my potential peers.

oh yeah well thats imprortant too. what college you applying for? are you doing your A Levels at the moment then?
Original post by Eldedu

To the OP:

I'm taking this completely out of context since I can't be bothered to read the few pages that have amassed since my last post... but seriously, who cares about the nightlife?

You're going to university for academia's sake, not to party all the time. Anyway, you can go to bops and all that, I'm sure they'll suffice, but really university is for learning and yes having fun... but primarily the point is for study. Doesn't mean you can't have a nice time while doing it, but really why is nightlife so important?

Latest

Trending

Trending