Doctor Who - Discussion Thread II Watch

This discussion is closed.
Stargatecrazy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Bella Occhi)
Yeah, I can't remember the nature of their interactions though. (Friendly or not?)
Well considering she tricked a Vortex Manipulator off him by putting microexplosives in his drink...I'd say not so friendly
TulipFields
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by SirMasterKey)
Yep.

Potential Spoiler regarding future ep.
Spoiler:
Show
He's back later on as well appartenly

The Gay Agenda is back :rolleyes:
I wouldn't be surprised if he would play a key role or even collaborate with Dr :holmes:
TulipFields
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yeah, I can't remember the nature of their interactions though. (Friendly or not?)
Like Stargate says, she tricked him, so he is probs wary of her at least :p: but she might still have a favor with him :s
SirMasterKey
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by TulipFields)
I wouldn't be surprised if he would play a key role or even collaborate with Dr :holmes:
As I said before with regards to the prequel

Spoiler:
Show
He might be doing it to save his own neck, he knows he could be implicated in giving them the know how for the techonology to trap the baby and so works with him to not see his angry side. It's a win-win for him. He got his money and doesn't get punished by the Doctor (unless he does in the end :ninja:) It wouldn't surprise me if he's the one that frees the baby seems as he knows about the prison it is in.
SirMasterKey
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Stargatecrazy)
Well considering she tricked a Vortex Manipulator off him by putting microexplosives in his drink...I'd say not so friendly
(Original post by TulipFields)
Like Stargate says, she tricked him, so he is probs wary of her at least :p: but she might still have a favor with him :s
Well...(future spoiler)

Spoiler:
Show
there are pictures here of him in what looks to be prisoner clothing. So he could be in Stormcage with her.

I also have no idea if this is from this episode or a later one.
username91207
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Lantana)
I know!

This is awesome! Unfortunately I can't rep you for it.

Do you want the good news or the bad news?

good news
You've saved yourself £15

bad news
She was only there today
:rant: WHYWHYWHY

:cry:

I'm glad you told me otherwise I would have spent all day tomorrow looking for her :p:
rmhumphries
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by boba)
but the gangers were controlled by the originals before that storm then the Jeniffer ganger talks about remembering all of the times that she died :confused:
Yes, but this seemed to be a oddity, only she remembered her deaths, none of the others did. Maybe real Jen remembered the deaths as well?
AutVinceriAutMori
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by rmhumphries)
Yes, but this seemed to be a oddity, only she remembered her deaths, none of the others did. Maybe real Jen remembered the deaths as well?
I'm still confused why Jenny was the one who became the monster. And why it was only her and both Doctors who could feel the "why?" thing resonating through their bodies.
Svenjamin
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by AutVinceriAutMori)
I'm still confused why Jenny was the one who became the monster. And why it was only her and both Doctors who could feel the "why?" thing resonating through their bodies.
I think Jen became the monster because she's the one who wanted the uprising of the flesh, and so she wanted to use the perks of being flesh by becoming a huge monster. The others were still very human and preferred to keep their human forms to reflect that (they were adamant that they were human, not monsters, so why would they want to stretch out of form and be monster-looking?). There was definitely a lot of poetic license in the monster though, I guess if you really wanted to rationalise it you could relate it to her losing her sanity, but they just wanted a monster to finish off the double bill.

As for why only her and the doctor could feel the why, that much can only be speculation. I'd say it was because the Doctor is naturally inquisitive about that kind of thing so is bound to delve into the Flesh's memory. And for Jen, it could be related to her fighting for the Flesh while the others were still convincing themselves that they were real people - She wanted to delve into the pain while the others were trying to take their mind off it.
rmhumphries
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Maybe because of the memory's of her dying, as real Jen was reluctant to go into a ganger in ep5 if I remember right as well. Maybe she was more in-tune with her ganger, hence feeling them die when she left them.
Greg1989
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
im going to say the dr could as it is well established he has a psychic powers that can tune into other beings as well, its also been shown many humans do possibly jen had higher than average in this....but more likely she said she refused to block out the memories where as the others wanted to block them and stay human
AutVinceriAutMori
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by rmhumphries)
Maybe because of the memory's of her dying, as real Jen was reluctant to go into a ganger in ep5 if I remember right as well. Maybe she was more in-tune with her ganger, hence feeling them die when she left them.
(Original post by Svenjamin)
x
(Original post by Greg1989)
x
That all makes sense! I just had an impression that Jenny was controlled by something other than flesh, plus her earlier form reminded me if Prizoner0
I was a bit surprised when she chose to become a monster after her" I AM HUMAN" speech. Unless it was an attempt to get Rory on her side
Svenjamin
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
That all makes sense! I just had an impression that Jenny was controlled by something other than flesh, plus her earlier form reminded me if Prizoner0
I was a bit surprised when she chose to become a monster after her" I AM HUMAN" speech. Unless it was an attempt to get Rory on her side
For Jen it was do or die time, I don't think it's surprising she became a monster in a last ditch attempt. Was a bit stupid to be such a large and slow monster in a confined corridor though.

Incidentally, Jen in monster form reminded me of monsters from Parasite Eve. They all had that same elongated neck and arms with most their hair falling out look.
AutVinceriAutMori
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Svenjamin)
For Jen it was do or die time, I don't think it's surprising she became a monster in a last ditch attempt. Was a bit stupid to be such a large and slow monster in a confined corridor though.

Incidentally, Jen in monster form reminded me of monsters from Parasite Eve. They all had that same elongated neck and arms with most their hair falling out look.
Brrr, that video :afraid:
She was a bit more unhinged than others to start with, I guess she was more receptive to the call of the Flesh.
Tasneemo
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Katie_louise)
Found this

:rofl: I honestly can't say who I find funnier :rofl:
rory's looking very pretty :love:
Tasneemo
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by spacepirate-James)
They all, hypnotically, suit their new bodies...

...oddly. :lolwut: :crazy:
don't you mean... OODly? :mmm:
Bluth.
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
Anyone else find this brilliant?

The sheer amount of unanswered questions, theories, plot threads and speculation going on at the moment? We've just finished the 6th episode.

Series 4's sixth episode was The Doctor's Daughter.
Series 5's sixth episode was Vampires in Venice.

Neither of them (and their 6 episodes) has ever had this much questions and speculation. At best series 4 had some speculation about finale villains (the simple days of guessing between the Master or Daleks) and series 5 had the speculation about Future Doctor. But that was really it.

The genius that is Moffat and series 6.

Just me then. :getmecoat:
Completely agree! I can't think of a recent programme that has sparked such debate or expression of opinion with such a wide ranging audience. Even the people on here who claim to dislike pretty much every episode keep coming back for more
Stargatecrazy
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
Anyone else find this brilliant?

The sheer amount of unanswered questions, theories, plot threads and speculation going on at the moment? We've just finished the 6th episode.

Series 4's sixth episode was The Doctor's Daughter.
Series 5's sixth episode was Vampires in Venice.

Neither of them (and their 6 episodes) has ever had this much questions and speculation. At best series 4 had some speculation about finale villains (the simple days of guessing between the Master or Daleks) and series 5 had the speculation about Future Doctor. But that was really it.

The genius that is Moffat and series 6.

Just me then. :getmecoat:
I generally feel like this:

and like this

concerning Moffat and his awesomeness :P :love:
Tasneemo
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
oh dear, completely forgot about this line from The Pandorica Opens :
Spoiler:
Show
"The Pandorica will open... silence will fall".

anyway, spec on when Amy was cloned:
Spoiler:
Show
this is the complete opposite of what my theory was before (amy must have been cloned before ep1), in the rebel flesh, cleaves say that they clone the body and the clothes, so she must have been cloned after she reached America. My guess: the bathroom, because that's the only scene where there's a possibility we didn't see everything.

Also, the hair has stayed the same in all the episodes, right?
Prettygeek
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Spoiler:
Show
Amy was kidnapped by the silence, who held her there for 'many days' possibly impregenating her in that time? she gives birth to the little girl, who is 'The Silence' and therefore the Silents protect her by putting her in the spacesuit!

My theory...
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (273)
38.18%
No - but I will (51)
7.13%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.13%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (340)
47.55%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed