Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EduWiz)
    I know right:facepalm:
    It makes me embarrassed to be of the same species.
    (Original post by sarahiscool)
    guys, im on to essay three of the day ... i deserve a medal
    I'm on revision 0 of the holiday :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bluffroom)

Hahah that guy NEEDS help
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I'M DYING :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leechayy)
    I couldn't agree more
    Ikr
    Hahah that guy NEEDS help
    He NEEDS to go outside.
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    I'M DYING :laugh:
    I'm more recoiling in cringe

Hmm I dno how much i have in my savings account but currently I only have £100 saved :sigh:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Ikr

He NEEDS to go outside.

Hmm I dno how much i have in my savings account but currently I only have £100 saved :sigh:
    DAT CRINGE!
    I turned the £300 I saved into £5000 through investing in the stock market.

ReputationRep:

don't worry i didnt do much of that, and im still only half way through my holiday homework

ReputationRep:
    Dreading tomorrow Although I have one month left until study leave....

ReputationRep:
    DAT CRINGE!
    I turned the £300 I saved into £5000 through investing in the stock market.
    What did you invest in? :holmes:

I think I would rather be safe and just work for it. I have a plan in mind for my money so I am determined to save up as much as I can and tbh as quickly as I can.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahiscool)
    don't worry i didnt do much of that, and im still only half way through my holiday homework
    I haven't checked my holiday homework
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    What did you invest in? :holmes:

I think I would rather be safe and just work for it. I have a plan in mind for my money so I am determined to save up as much as I can and tbh as quickly as I can.
    I shorted AAPL(Apple) and was long on GOOG(Google)and picked up a little C(Citigroup) then dropped it. Held those positions for 3 months then when BBY(Blackberry) announced their new phone I shorted it and left it fall a fair amount(about 3 weeks). Just two weeks ago I went long on both SNE(Sony) and EBAY
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Sorry for the technical speak. Basically here's a quick glossary.

Long = Buy

Short = is borrow to sell Used when the stock falls

ReputationRep:
    I shorted AAPL(Apple) and was long on GOOG(Google)and picked up a little C(Citigroup) then dropped it. Held those positions for 3 months then when BBY(Blackberry) announced their new phone I shorted it and left it fall a fair amount(about 3 weeks). Just two weeks ago I went long on both SNE(Sony) and EBAY
    Ah okay. I tbh would be unlucky and cause a crash knowing me :lol:
    Sorry for the technical speak. Basically here's a quick glossary.

Long = Buy

Short = is borrow to sell Used when the stock falls
    Interestingly, I knew this already -don't know how or why I do but I did. Strange :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Ikr

He NEEDS to go outside.

Haha

ReputationRep:
    Ooh I'd like to do that how can I invest
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Ooh I'd like to do that how can I invest
    Ohh I have the best site for all you noobs out there: http://www.etoro.com/
    You can essentially follow, and track professional traders and whatever trades they make your account will do the same. Good way to learn from the pros! Minimum investment is £600 or so though.

To start, I recommend you go to Investopedia.com, so you learn a thing or two before you squander money. Once done, go to a brokerage website (search stock brokerage online on google) and sign up for a PRACTICE account to see if you are good enough. After you've gotten a good feel for the market, you can open up an account with real money and use that to buy and sell stocks.

ReputationRep:
    You can essentially follow, and track professional traders and whatever trades they make your account will do the same. Good way to learn from the pros! Minimum investment is £600 or so though.

To start, I recommend you go to Investopedia.com, so you learn a thing or two before you squander money. Once done, go to a brokerage website (search stock brokerage online on google) and sign up for a PRACTICE account to see if you are good enough. After you've gotten a good feel for the market, you can open up an account with real money and use that to buy and sell stocks.
    Hah ok thanks but can the investment be lower than £600++how old do you have to be to invest
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    YES, ANOTHER INVESTOR! WOOP WOOP! :woo:

Do you track the commodities? I made an absolute killing on the 2x Ultra Short Gold ETFs (GLL) since the start of the year, and Friday was pretty much the icing on the cake. Up 9.64% on Gold Spot prices breaking through it's December 2011 support margin and with continued downside potential. Currently 26% return, but I think I'll wait for 38% before exiting my position there.

I also played with BBRY as you have. Shorted it on January 22nd and covered on March 5th, netting 29.72% return. (my typical desired max return before exiting is 29.5%-30%)

If I were you, I'd consider moving to a smaller allocation for Sony. Why are you long SNE?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aurorae)

Do you track the commodities? I made an absolute killing on the 2x Ultra Short Gold ETFs (GLL) since the start of the year, and Friday was pretty much the icing on the cake. Up 9.64% on Gold Spot prices breaking through it's December 2011 support margin and with continued downside potential. Currently 26% return, but I think I'll wait for 38% before exiting my position there.

I also played with BBRY as you have. Shorted it on January 22nd and covered on March 5th, netting 29.72% return.

If I were you, I'd consider moving to a smaller allocation for Sony. Why are you long SNE?
    I'm might start investing+++++ where do you invest(sorry im a noob)

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm Bonoahx... in case you didn't know. I have no idea how to get into this thread so I'll just say hi and join in the latest conversation.

So yeah, I thought that you couldn't invest at 15/16 because you had to sign a contract? Do you use a stocks and shares ISA or something?

ReputationRep:

(Original post by Aurorae)

I also played with BBRY as you have. Shorted it on January 22nd and covered on March 5th, netting 29.72% return. (my typical desired max return before exiting is 29.5%-30%)

How long did it take for you to learn how to invest?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.