Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Huffleclaw2416)
    cool the sciences went well as far as I can remember, how'd they go for you ? and yeah the internet is a great way to pass the time, i've started using tumblr more often then i probably should
    urmm i think they went fairly alrite actually though i have no clue how the unit 7s went OMG sameeeeeeeeeeeeeee looooooooooooool. tumblr all the waaay!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Djent)
    Is anybody hoping to apply for Medicine at Imperial College London/UCL for 2015 entry?
    YUP!! Ucl would be my second choice, and imperial my third! though i doubt ill get in! im guessing you too want to go for these??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Grapefruit97)
    ****ting bricks
    LOL dw you'll do fine! what subjects did u do???????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tingirl)
    I'm doing Chemistry, Biology, Maths and French (oh and critical thinking)
    Not sure exactly which uni I want to go to, but I definitely want to do medicine!
    What are you doing?
    im doing those subjects for alevels

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tingirl)
    I'm doing Chemistry, Biology, Maths and French (oh and critical thinking)
    Not sure exactly which uni I want to go to, but I definitely want to do medicine!
    What are you doing?
    That's cool! but i don't think many unis accept critical thinking.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Economics for my A-Levels and I want to study medicine to be a GP..
    those other people who want to go into medicine, how many A*'s do you think you will get on Thursday?
    and everyone else, in your opinion, how many A*'s at GCSE do you think you need at least to get into medicine...

thanks

ReputationRep:
    Sooooo many people on here wanting to do medicine! :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweet_gyal97)
    I'm doing Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Economics for my A-Levels and I want to study medicine to be a GP..
    those other people who want to go into medicine, how many A*'s do you think you will get on Thursday?
    and everyone else, in your opinion, how many A*'s at GCSE do you think you need at least to get into medicine...

thanks
    I wanna do medicine too! and i think those are FAB choices! you could even try and get a private GP (like make ur own). they also EARN A BOMB. lol.i hope to get A*s, though i doubt ill get it and i think about 70% a* to get in? depends on the uni i suppose. where do you want to go?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mollyh77)
    Sooooo many people on here wanting to do medicine! :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    LOL why what do yu want to doooo?

ReputationRep:
    A week left right? Good luck to all of you!!
    At least you won't have to squeeze your a levels into one and a half years like me...FML

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sellerofdreams)
    A week left right? Good luck to all of you!!
    At least you won't have to squeeze your a levels into one and a half years like me...FML

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks! and wow u mean BOTH as and a2? if u do then that's bloody mental. and hve udone ur gcse's den?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ferrari Lexus)
    Thanks! and wow u mean BOTH as and a2? if u do then that's bloody mental. and hve udone ur gcse's den?
    Yeah, I did cie so got my results on Tuesdayhaha, in Malaysia local colleges only let you do one and a half years, so I do my as ext June and my a2 next November.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Farhan96)
    China is not a LEDC. It is a Newly industrialised country with just some areas that are quite poor.
    China is an LEDC, which is also a newly Industralised Country.i use to think because China had such a large economy it was an MEDC but I forgot to account for the large population but I was taught it was an LEDC in Geography.Here is an image of MEDCs/LEDCs:Name:  IMG00082.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  130.1 KB
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Dalek1099)
    China is an LEDC, which is also a newly Industralised Country.i use to think because China had such a large economy it was an MEDC but I forgot to account for the large population but I was taught it was an LEDC in Geography.Here is an image of MEDCs/LEDCs:Name:  IMG00082.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  130.1 KB
    How did your teacher not teach you that China's now an NIC? :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Financier)
    How did your teacher not teach you that China's now an NIC? :lolwut:
    It's a superpower too right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by benwalters1996)
    It's a superpower too right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nah. Long way to go before it can get anywhere near a superpower status. But to call it an LEDC right now would be wrong.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Basket case)
    My school doesn't have a 6th form - I'm off to college... That will be scary

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The 6th form/college thing is very confusing to me because I'm going to my school's sixth form, which meant that I was guaranteed a place as long as I got the grades necessary for the courses I wanted to study but my school's sixth form is part of a college, which has several campuses which include my school's sixth from.Am I going to sixth form/college?-its so confusing:confused:

ReputationRep:
    Nah. Long way to go before it can get anywhere near a superpower status. But to call it an LEDC right now would be wrong.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    We didn't do any units that delved too deeply into that sort of thing but China is an LEDC, which is also an NIC according to that book but I was not taught this-you can only be an MEDC or LEDC and to call China an MEDC would be wrong.My Geography teacher taught MEDCs/LEDCs with a map of the world with the Rich North and Poor South identified with a line between them that curved around Australia and New Zealand.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Dalek1099)
    We didn't do any units that delved too deeply into that sort of thing but China is an LEDC, which is also an NIC according to that book but I was not taught this-you can only be an MEDC or LEDC and to call China an MEDC would be wrong.My Geography teacher taught MEDCs/LEDCs with a map of the world with the Rich North and Poor South identified with a line between them that curved around Australia and New Zealand.
    The Brandt line is an old topic now and it's advancements should've been covered by your school. We've been taught that we have LDCs, LEDCs, NICs and MEDCs now rather than just LEDCs and MEDCs.

ReputationRep:
    The Brandt line is an old topic now and it's advancements should've been covered by your school. We've been taught that we have LDCs, LEDCs, NICs and MEDCs now rather than just LEDCs and MEDCs.
    For our course this topic wasn't required all we needed to do was to identify case studies from poor parts of the world and rich parts of the world for natural disasters and tourism, we didn't do anything more complex so it was very simple to call them LEDCs and MEDCs.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.