Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eduardoblopes)
    Anyone else got this email?
    "Previously I wrote to thank you for applying to LSE, and am now writing to update you on the status of your application.

I am currently reviewing your academic qualifications to ensure that you have met all entry requirements. I am also assessing your personal statement.

I anticipate that this process should take approximately two weeks. I will be in touch then to update you on the status of your application."

What course?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kangxidi)
    Congrats man! What were your GCSE, AS and A2 grades?
    12A*s at GCSE, predicted 4A*s at A Level including Maths and Further Maths

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by di_1996)
    I still haven't got ANYTHING at all!!!!! I can see the rej on its way

I can't tell how much I hate these waiting email, but I can only say it is better than rejection or nothing.

I am bit confused... You mean you got another waiting 4 weeks email after your previous 4 weeks?...OR this is the first 4 weeks email you got?

This another waiting 4 weeks.

Here's my timeline to make it clearer:

2 weeks email: Acknowledgement of application

7 weeks email (yes i didnt get the 5 weeks one like everyone else): Grades are ok, assessing my personal statement

2 weeks email: add on for Christmas Break

4 weeks email: "Among the strongest"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jdingonomics)
    This another waiting 4 weeks.

Here's my timeline to make it clearer:

2 weeks email: Acknowledgement of application

7 weeks email (yes i didnt get the 5 weeks one like everyone else): Grades are ok, assessing my personal statement

2 weeks email: add on for Christmas Break

4 weeks email: "Among the strongest"

Okay, I see...still nothing for me, I am dying
    Good luck for the 4 weeks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pranatirao)
    What course?
    International Relations

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ida3388)
    can i just ask if anyone know anybody getting rejected after getting the strongest in the cycle email? do pretty much everyone who gets that email get in? i am on my second week of the 4 week taking into account the 2 week holiday, so next week will be my third week.
    I got rejected due to my personal statement exactly 4 weeks after I got the 4 week email

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluebell_flames)
    I got rejected due to my personal statement exactly 4 weeks after I got the 4 week email
    For what course?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    any one with offers or rejections for law out there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RCM123)
    any one with offers or rejections for law out there?
    I've firmed LSE for Law - how can I help?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Giant)
    Got an offer for straight Economics!
    Finally! Cambridge or LSE?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QuestionsQ)
    I've firmed LSE for Law - how can I help?
    Scottish student, sending my UCAS away tmrw! Just any advice you could give about what you MUST include in PS? Stressing out!!

ReputationRep:
    What did they say was wrong with it?

ReputationRep:
    Scottish student, sending my UCAS away tmrw! Just any advice you could give about what you MUST include in PS? Stressing out!!
    Hmm, make sure you're saying why you're applying for Law and try and be as specific as you can to the LSE course without impacting your other applications. Name specific aspects of the Law that interest you.

I'm sure you've done most of this already but try and include a section that explains why your Highers/A-levels are relevant to Law and don't go overboard with things you've done - unless you're specifically relating them back to how they've had an impact on you.

Try not to say things that are obviously true i.e. 'Law is a rigorous discipline' - that's true, but why would the tutors care? They already know that.

Make sure you've done all of the obvious things like putting in information about work experience and part-time jobs.

Hmm anything else... Don't use cringe-worthy words. When I read through mine, I felt sick when I saw words like 'desire' and 'passion' - it sounds so fake. Try and be as true to yourself as you can be - and make sure your personality comes across.

Best of luck - it's ultra-competitive for Law and they absolutely love personal statements.

ReputationRep:
    rejected for Government today. disappointed but I got quite far into it so that's made me proud all the same. LSE said my personal statement wasn't "compelling" enough. I'm not upset about the rejection but the unspecific email they send most is slightly annoying. Anyway best of luck everyone else!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrchelsea)
    rejected for Government today. disappointed but I got quite far into it so that's made me proud all the same. LSE said my personal statement wasn't "compelling" enough. I'm not upset about the rejection but the unspecific email they send most is slightly annoying. Anyway best of luck everyone else!
    How many weeks were you into your 4 week email? Sorry about the rejection

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gracelich)
    For what course?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Maths with econ (this was before Christmas, I was just answering ida's question)

ReputationRep:
    What did they say was wrong with it?
    "This decision is not a reflection on your abilities. On the contrary, we were impressed by your achievements. However, competition for places at LSE is intense, and as a result many well-qualified candidates are unsuccessful in their applications.

Whilst your personal statement is good, there were stronger personal statements received from other similar applicants for your programme. Applicants are expected to provide convincing reasons for their course choice and evidence of appropriate preparation for their degree studies, as well as demonstrating significant interest in the programme offered at LSE. In your case, the academic department felt that your personal statement was not as sufficiently compelling when compared to the Personal Statements received from other similar applicants."

I honestly personally didn't mind as it was always my fifth choice, but people should know that a four week email is NOT a guaranteed offer!

Edit: The fact that I pretty much only wrote about maths when the course is 25% econ probably didn't help...

ReputationRep:
    Maths with econ (this was before Christmas, I was just answering ida's question)
    Ahh ok

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What's the fourth week email? I've only got up to "strong enough" and the Christmas holiday one...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CG1012)
    OMG I applied to all your unis except Exeter...I chose Warwick instead. Hahahah

For Bath I applied for Politics with Economics. You?

I haven't heard from Warwick or KCL since their acknowledgment of the receipt of my app so I don't know what to expect...one of my friends got a reply from KCL really quickly though!
    Hehe for bath I think I applied for politics and internatonal relations. Which uni is like your first choice? I'm not sure between LSE or KCL- haven't heard from them yet but if ever I get offers from both ( fingers crossed) I don't know which one to firm!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.