The Student Room Group

TSR Tennis Society IV

Scroll to see replies

Can Heather keep this going?
Too many times this season, Serena has played average and still ended up winning. It looks like her luck will run out today.
Azarenka won again.
Although the crowd are definitely behind Watson, and may be slightly annoying, Serena isn't used to not having the crowd behind her!
Williams is going to win as long as she doesn't stop the stupid mistakes which cost her.
It's pretty tense though still, I know I should be backing Watson but I just prefer Williams in this match.
Praying Watson makes it..
And Watson has lost. Way closer than I expected, but that was only because of the crowd. That same match played at any other venue, Serena would have absolutely crushed Watson.
Venus will beat Serena in the next round
Watson played her best tennis and still lost. That's why Serena has 20 slams and the #1 ranking. What a champion!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3810
Original post by snowman77
And Watson has lost. Way closer than I expected, but that was only because of the crowd. That same match played at any other venue, Serena would have absolutely crushed Watson.

The crowd certainly lifted her, but you can't attribute it all to the crowd, they weren't on the court matching Serena Williams for 2 sets, Heather Watson was, she was extremely resilient against the relentless power of Serena's shots and did brilliantly to get herself back into a match which looked beyond her after the first set. Hopefully Heather can move on from here up the rankings and maybe go further next year.
Reply 3811
Serena won because the difference in skill between them is quite big. Serena made LOADS of bad shots and mistakes and still won. This was one of her worst matches this year and we get to see Venus vs Serena now. Watson played well though.
Anyone queued for tickets at Wimbledon before?

I want to ask whether it's worth me going there tomorrow. I plan to join the queue at around 5am. Would I get a ground pass? and what time would I get into the inside?
Original post by fuzzybear
Anyone queued for tickets at Wimbledon before?
I want to ask whether it's worth me going there tomorrow. I plan to join the queue at around 5am. Would I get a ground pass? and what time would I get into the inside?

I've queued 4 times- although I have always went the night before for centre/ court 1/ court 2.

You tend to find, from the first tube to arrive at Southfields [Near queue] it really starts to fill up.

By 5AM you would be highly likely to get ground passes, and I would say you would be in before 11am-Midday, perfect for the start of play. I can't guarantee this, but I am going on a guesstimation based on previous years.
Terrific match, Watson played well but serenas unforced errors kept Watson in the game. Then watson choked ahh 3 games up...
At least we see the Williams play each other :biggrin:
Poor Watson. She gave it her all. Losing that break in the final set did her in, though. It was all downhill from there - and Serena turned it on in style and was relentless.
Giorgi is an absolute beauty
Of those i'm following..

Fed
Nadal
Murray
Djokovic
Tomic
Kyrigos
Nikishori
Raonic
Warwinka
Dimitrov

Nikishori, Tomic, Raonic, Dimitrov and Nadal are now out.

No difficult R4 matches in theory however we could see Kyrigos vs Warwinka in the QF.
Fed dropped the 3rd set due to a double fault, overall his performance was high and hope he can carry it out through the second week..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Murray remains the biggest threat to Djokovic, despite stumbling last night.

Quick Reply

Latest