Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

TSR Tennis Society IV watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snowman77)
    Watson is clearly being outclassed by Serena. Already a break down. Can only see this match going one way.
    I did after the first set too, but Heather was superb in that second set, I don't know how she's did that, incredible!!

ReputationRep:
    Come on Heather, you can do it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olie)
    I did after the first set too, but Heather was superb in that second set, I don't know how she's did that, incredible!!
    Yes Watson is actually making a match of it now. However I think it's more a case of Serena beating herself, rather than Watson beating Serena.

ReputationRep:
    Yes Watson is actually making a match of it now. However I think it's more a case of Serena beating herself, rather than Watson beating Serena.
    It's the crowd that's getting on her back. But Watson deserves credit for the way she's playing. She creates some brilliant angles and has a neat backhand. She's making Serena work for every point and there's no other way to play her to be honest. We all know if Williams turns it up she is too powerful.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Can Heather keep this going?

ReputationRep:
    Too many times this season, Serena has played average and still ended up winning. It looks like her luck will run out today.

ReputationRep:
    Azarenka won again.

ReputationRep:
    Although the crowd are definitely behind Watson, and may be slightly annoying, Serena isn't used to not having the crowd behind her!

ReputationRep:
    Williams is going to win as long as she doesn't stop the stupid mistakes which cost her.

ReputationRep:
    It's pretty tense though still, I know I should be backing Watson but I just prefer Williams in this match.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Praying Watson makes it..

ReputationRep:
    And Watson has lost. Way closer than I expected, but that was only because of the crowd. That same match played at any other venue, Serena would have absolutely crushed Watson.

ReputationRep:
    Venus will beat Serena in the next round

ReputationRep:
    Watson played her best tennis and still lost. That's why Serena has 20 slams and the #1 ranking. What a champion!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    And Watson has lost. Way closer than I expected, but that was only because of the crowd. That same match played at any other venue, Serena would have absolutely crushed Watson.
    The crowd certainly lifted her, but you can't attribute it all to the crowd, they weren't on the court matching Serena Williams for 2 sets, Heather Watson was, she was extremely resilient against the relentless power of Serena's shots and did brilliantly to get herself back into a match which looked beyond her after the first set. Hopefully Heather can move on from here up the rankings and maybe go further next year.

ReputationRep:
    Serena won because the difference in skill between them is quite big. Serena made LOADS of bad shots and mistakes and still won. This was one of her worst matches this year and we get to see Venus vs Serena now. Watson played well though.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone queued for tickets at Wimbledon before?

I want to ask whether it's worth me going there tomorrow. I plan to join the queue at around 5am. Would I get a ground pass? and what time would I get into the inside?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fuzzybear)
    Anyone queued for tickets at Wimbledon before?
    I want to ask whether it's worth me going there tomorrow. I plan to join the queue at around 5am. Would I get a ground pass? and what time would I get into the inside?
    I've queued 4 times- although I have always went the night before for centre/ court 1/ court 2.

You tend to find, from the first tube to arrive at Southfields [Near queue] it really starts to fill up.

By 5AM you would be highly likely to get ground passes, and I would say you would be in before 11am-Midday, perfect for the start of play. I can't guarantee this, but I am going on a guesstimation based on previous years.

ReputationRep:
    Terrific match, Watson played well but serenas unforced errors kept Watson in the game. Then watson choked ahh 3 games up...
    At least we see the Williams play each other
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Poor Watson. She gave it her all. Losing that break in the final set did her in, though. It was all downhill from there - and Serena turned it on in style and was relentless.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 27, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.