Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OxSarah)
    Me too.. which section in particular?
    Lol everything, essay not so much! Everything else, the timing is just the worse. This week is some hardcore revision. Wbu?

ReputationRep:
    HAT people. How are you feeling about it? How is preparation going?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilovecake123)
    Lol everything, essay not so much! Everything else, the timing is just the worse. This week is some hardcore revision. Wbu?
    I took 10 days off school,starting from today My plans are to revise scientific subjects from 8 am to 1 pm and do practice questions from 3 pm to 7/8 pm (it depends on how tired I am )
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ivoryfall)
    Hey guys! I don't suppose there's any lovely staff/students about to offer some advice? Possibly The_Lonely_Goatherd or BrasenoseAdm ?

I am aware this is possibly specific to Hertford, but I received my request for written work today, and it asks that, '' Each piece of written work should be accompanied by a covering sheet, which can be downloaded here. Please supply your written work in digital format, by email, as one pdf document. Please do not submit multiple pdfs for each piece of work. ''

Does this mean it wants me to condense 2 top sheets and 2 articles of writing into ONE pdf file, altogether? As a single document? I want to be clear because I initially thought it was submitting 2 pdf topsheets and the 2 documents as word files, and this is seeming to not be the case although I'm not 100% sure how this is best laid out?

Sorry for the possibly stupid question! Advise is VERY appreciated x
    We've just read your query .Brasenose asks that each piece of work is one pdf, so that a candidate needing to submit three pieces should submit three pdfs (each would include the cover sheet).We called Hertford: they want just one pdf for each candidate, so a candidate needing to submit three pieces would need to submit all three plus cover sheets as one pdf file.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloetraynor)
    Wow congrats! Do you mind me asking what you got at GCSE and AS level?
    And by below-par I mean: 4A*, 6A and 2B at GCSE, and AABB at AS (predicted A*AA) :-(
    That's fine! I've seen people get offers with lower grades than that, but I think the school you went to is quite important (for contextualising the grades). Deffo worth applying though, and you stand every chance if your LNAT and interview performance are strong as they really are the most important factors.
    I got 10A* at GCSE and AAAC at AS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SGrice)
    Any Somerville applicants?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I am!!! Went for Somerville though I've never visited myself. Applying for English...what abt you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MaxReid)
    HAT people. How are you feeling about it? How is preparation going?
    ARGHHH!! Answer your question? I'm ever so slightly bricking it...sometimes I think it will go OK, other times I look at the questions and just...nope. This week I'm really going to knuckle down and really work on the HAT-along with all my other work...

You applying for straight history or a joint honours?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IzzySaskia)
    ARGHHH!! Answer your question? I'm ever so slightly bricking it...sometimes I think it will go OK, other times I look at the questions and just...nope. This week I'm really going to knuckle down and really work on the HAT-along with all my other work...

You applying for straight history or a joint honours?
    Joint honours (History and Politics) for me! I'm just going to go over my A2 notes and look at the HATs my history teacher marked that I did. Hopefully we both get interviews! Which college?

ReputationRep:
    Joint honours (History and Politics) for me! I'm just going to go over my A2 notes and look at the HATs my history teacher marked that I did. Hopefully we both get interviews! Which college?
    Ah cool, History and English for me! Yeah, I'm just trying to read around what I'm doing in class as much as I can and trying to think about how I could apply different bits of information to different questions. Lucky, I haven't given any of my practice ones to my teachers-bit late now!

I'd love to even to get to interview! Pembroke college, what about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IzzySaskia)
    Ah cool, History and English for me! Yeah, I'm just trying to read around what I'm doing in class as much as I can and trying to think about how I could apply different bits of information to different questions. Lucky, I haven't given any of my practice ones to my teachers-bit late now!

I'd love to even to get to interview! Pembroke college, what about you?
    Another joint honours applicant! Haven't found that many! Hoping I'm able to talk about British imperial history (1880-1990) in Q2 as that's my favourite period that i've studied. Got a lot of reading to do afterwards in preparation for potential interviews. should be fun! Trinity for me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonlad)
    That's fine! I've seen people get offers with lower grades than that, but I think the school you went to is quite important (for contextualising the grades). Deffo worth applying though, and you stand every chance if your LNAT and interview performance are strong as they really are the most important factors.
    I got 10A* at GCSE and AAAC at AS
    That's reassuring, thanks! And to be fair, my secondary school was pretty abysmal so hopefully they'll be sympathetic aha

ReputationRep:
    Another joint honours applicant! Haven't found that many! Hoping I'm able to talk about British imperial history (1880-1990) in Q2 as that's my favourite period that i've studied. Got a lot of reading to do afterwards in preparation for potential interviews. should be fun! Trinity for me!
    Don't worry, we exist ! English and French over here

ReputationRep:
    Got my Christ Church acknowledgement!

ReputationRep:
    Any Brasenose PPEists?

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Just got ChCH acknowledgement, fairly scary :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrasenoseAdm)
    We've just read your query .Brasenose asks that each piece of work is one pdf, so that a candidate needing to submit three pieces should submit three pdfs (each would include the cover sheet).We called Hertford: they want just one pdf for each candidate, so a candidate needing to submit three pieces would need to submit all three plus cover sheets as one pdf file.
    Ah that's wonderful, thank you! <3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OxSarah)
    I took 10 days off school,starting from today My plans are to revise scientific subjects from 8 am to 1 pm and do practice questions from 3 pm to 7/8 pm (it depends on how tired I am )
    Wow, why are you doing that? Are school letting you
    And same I might need to take some days off school!
    Good luck

ReputationRep:
    applied to new college for law! international student, reallllyyy nervous. haven't gotten my acknowledgment yet ;-; do they send those to everyone or do people get cut?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilovecake123)
    Wow, why are you doing that? Are school letting you
    And same I might need to take some days off school!
    Good luck
    Yes they let us take some days off if we have important events such as this one.For me it's a chance to focus better on the upcoming test without stressing too much on other commitments

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marvellousminty)
    Any Brasenose PPEists?
    aye.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.