The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Meenglishnogood
but hamas did hide their rockets in various UN schools as the UN stated itself

The UN have not stated this.
Original post by yo radical one

This is exactly why it is bleeding heart crap, you think that because Israel is stronger, it should have no right to defend itself. If an old person tried to attack an MMA fighter, I would say the MMA fighter should still be within his rights to smash that old biddie up

Correct version of these events would be the MMA fighter forcibly entering the old guys house, taking much of his food and possessions, and then when the old guy kicks him in the shin and tells him to leave, the MMA fighter throws a haymaker to the skull and causes some permanent brain damage

Nom'sayin?
Original post by bertstare
Correct version of these events would be the MMA fighter forcibly entering the old guys house, taking much of his food and possessions, and then when the old guy kicks him in the shin and tells him to leave, the MMA fighter throws a haymaker to the skull and causes some permanent brain damage

Nom'sayin?

Lol

Except for when the UN offered the two state solution which the Arabs rejected, but Israel accepted then who goes on to lose the war then cries to the world about their victimhood?
Original post by tsr1269
I believe I asked you for evidence in regards to this yet you failed to respond.

And now here you, prattling the same thing.

Tell me: When atheist moderators start believing in something without evidence, does that make them hypocrites when they call out the religious people for doing the same? Or is it one rule for moderators and another rule for others?

No you didn't. You asked for evidence that hamas were storing rockets in civilian areas, then ignored it.
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
No you didn't. You asked for evidence that hamas were storing rockets in civilian areas, then ignored it.

Could you direct me to the "evidence" which you claim you posted in response to my post?
Lol

Except for when the UN offered the two state solution which the Arabs rejected, but Israel accepted then who goes on to lose the war then cries to the world about their victimhood?

If they were so intent on such solutions they wouldn't continue to build countless illegal settlements in land that does not belong to them
Original post by tsr1269
Could you direct me to the "evidence" which you claim you posted in response to my post?

I responded asking if you'd ignored the UNRWA admitting that caches of rockets had been found in the schools - this has been all over the news, since yet another set has been found this week. http://af.reuters.com/article/egyptNews/idAFL6N0Q45TO20140729
Original post by tsr1269
The UN have not stated this.

Which part, that Hamas placed the rockets or that rockets were placed at a UN school?

Because rockets were placed at a UN School, by someone who had the authority to do so, effectively making the school a possible target and putting the civilians there at danger.

I wonder who could possibly have that kind of authority in Gaza...

Obviously, it couldn't be their government! It's not like it's considered a terrorist organization by every civilized country ever.

Before you say that it's just my opinion and speculation, so is your opinion about why Israel has entered Gaza, which you stated to be so that they can oppress the Gazans until they see them as a legitimate state. Whataboutery? Maybe! Provide a reliable link backing that up, before you demand one for my speculation.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Sanctimonious
Source please? And no, biblical scriptures are not an acceptable source at all. Please put forward some strong factual evidence to back up those claims.

If I told you it was from Wikipedia, you'd laugh it off as 'not reliable' so I'll give you the original source:

Gil, Moshe [1997]. A History of Palestine, Cambridge University Press:

In 635 CE, the region, including Jerusalem, was conquered by Arabs. It remained under Muslim control and predominately Muslim occupancy for the next 1300 years under various caliphates.

I'm not a walking encyclopedia. If you want more information then search google for the "7th century Muslim conquest".

For the record, these are facts, not 'claims'. Just because you lack sufficient knowledge on the 7th century Middle East, don't automatically assume that none of it is true. Thank you.
Israel's goal is to disarm Hamas, which is a perfectly legitimate goal since as you say they are a terrorist organisation

This is exactly why it is bleeding heart crap, you think that because Israel is stronger, it should have no right to defend itself. If an old person tried to attack an MMA fighter, I would say the MMA fighter should still be within his rights to smash that old biddie up

"The Israeli prime minister says Hamas is “dedicated to the destruction of Israel.” Actually, Hamas leaders have repeatedly made clear a much different posture, one that involves indefinite peaceful coexistence with Israel even if they officially term it only a hudna or truce. It would be more accurate to say that Israel is dedicated to the destruction of Hamas, an objective that Israel has demonstrated with not just its words but its deeds, including prolonged collective punishment of the population of the Gaza Strip in an effort to strangle the group. Such efforts have included large-scale violence that—although carried out overtly by military forces and thus not termed terrorism—has been every bit as lethal to innocent civilians. In such circumstances, why should Hamas be expected to be the first to go beyond the vocabulary of hudna and mouth some alternative words about the status of its adversary?"

- Paul Pillar, Georgetown University's Center for Security Studies

Incidentally, I think the majority of people would disagree with you about the MMA fighter's right to pummel the old biddy.
Original post by King Kebab
Israel have killed over 1400,most of them including children

Hamas have killed 58 with 56 of them being soldiers

You really think that Hamas are only targeting civilians while Israel aren't?

Wrong. Yes Israel have killed 1300 individuals.
The majority of these deaths are actually MEN (~85%) despite the fact men make up about 30% of the population.
Israel has been bombing a densely populated area for 3 weeks now yet has killed 1300 and approx. 15% of these deaths were women and children despite the fact the make up 60+% of the population.
It seems that Israel is not targeting civilians whereas Hamas deliberately target civilians.

Hamas have only managed to kill soldiers because Israels defence system is solid. If it wasn't for the Iron Dome how many Israelis do you think would be dead considering Hamas constantly bombard them with rockets and deliberately target civilians.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
I responded asking if you'd ignored the UNRWA admitting that caches of rockets had been found in the schools - this has been all over the news, since yet another set has been found this week. http://af.reuters.com/article/egyptNews/idAFL6N0Q45TO20140729

I'm asking for the post you claim that "I ignored".

Could you provide that please?
Original post by miavdbt
Which part, that Hamas placed the rockets or that rockets were placed at a UN school?

The "fact" that HAMAS placed the rockets....
Israel is clearly a terrorist state intent on committing genocide. It's amazing that the media even call this a war, how the **** is a co-ordinated, US-supported, armed and formidable military force killing defenseless men, women, and children a war? On what planet is this so?

"B-B-BUT HAMAS!"

If an entire nation imprisoned you and your people on a small strip of land; dropped 1000-pound iron fragmentation bombs on your family, friends, schools, hospitals and limited energy sources; took your land and water supplies, and starved your people to the point where half of the children are malnourished, and subjected you to various other incredibly heinous acts of war, would you not wish for their destruction too? Netanyahu is clearly a psychopath, and those defending Israel are getting angry about a victim scratching a rapist during an assault. Fighting is all that the Palestinians have left.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by miscounted_time
Wrong. Yes Israel have killed 1300 individuals.
The majority of these deaths are actually MEN (~85%) despite the fact men make up about 30% of the population.
Israel has been bombing a densely populated area for 3 weeks now yet has killed 1300 and approx. 15% of these deaths were women and children despite the fact the make up 60+% of the population.
It seems that Israel is not targeting civilians whereas Hamas deliberately target civilians.

Hamas have only managed to kill soldiers because Israels defence system is solid. If it wasn't for the Iron Dome how many Israelis do you think would be dead considering Hamas constantly bombard them with rockets and deliberately target civilians.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You know fine well that I accidently omitted the word civillians before the comna in my post
Original post by Zen Baphomet
He wasn't though, he was spewing opinions you disagreed with, it doesn't make it Zionist by default.

I say an awful lot of Anti-Islamic things, does it make me a Zionist puppet?

Don't much want to proceed with this pointless convo but jsyk, that isn't true, he was actually using popular Zionist-propagandist tactics. People were talking about Palestinians being massacred, he tried to divert people's attentions to 'anti-Semitism in Europe'. He was told Israel was committing a massacre, he said no, because if that were true so many more Palestinians would have died.
Original post by TheTechN1304
If I told you it was from Wikipedia, you'd laugh it off as 'not reliable' so I'll give you the original source:

Gil, Moshe [1997]. A History of Palestine, Cambridge University Press:

I'm not a walking encyclopedia. If you want more information then search google for the "7th century Muslim conquest".

For the record, these are facts, not 'claims'. Just because you lack sufficient knowledge on the 7th century Middle East, don't automatically assume that none of it is true. Thank you.

Tries to use an Israeli historians version of events as an unbiased source. Again, do you have any actual sources? I'm asking because in fact the first and initial claim of the Jewish people is biblical but you won't mention that will you because some people, like myself, won't accept that as a legitimate source of evidence.

Do you have any other sources other than israeli propaganda sites?!
Channel 4? BBC? CNN? Al-Jazera? Heck even bloody fox news?!!
Pathetic.
Original post by Sanctimonious
Tries to use an Israeli historians version of events as an unbiased source. Again, do you have any actual sources? I'm asking because in fact the first and initial claim of the Jewish people is biblical but you won't mention that will you because some people, like myself, won't accept that as a legitimate source of evidence.

I've told you. Search for 7th century Muslim conquest. Are you honestly telling me you believe that there were Arabs there to begin with? Please, cut out your bull****

Latest