Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drowninginsound)
    Woah, I got an offer from Fitz for NatSci but your UMS was higher than mine in some things! I got:

Maths 98%
    Further Maths 97.3%
    Chemistry 96.6%
    Physics 95.6%
    Geography 98%

Did you get pooled?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah got pooled but not fished! Well done on the offer; I'm horrifically jealous! Bio or Phys though?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by JessGrimmel)
    I got this same exact email from emmanuel yesterday "your application remains of interest to other colleges who will contact you shortly, if they have not already". I have not been asked for re interview? Does this mean I have an offer?!!!!! I have been depressing myself for the past 24 hours hahaha!
    Colleges have used different wording, with some differentiating between offers and interviews and other's not. If you haven't heard about an interview then you should be getting an offer in the next few days. Congratulations

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Christ's Admissions)
    Colleges have used different wording, with some differentiating between offers and interviews and other's not. If you haven't heard about an interview then you should be getting an offer in the next few days. Congratulations
    Oh my goodness. Thank you so much for putting my mind at rest, I was certain I had no chance now! Thank you so much!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Most colleges won't provide interview scores for offer holders, the best feedback you can get is the offer letter. You will often find that your DoS/interviewers will discuss the interview with you a bit when you arrive. The actual scre won't help you that much because you don't have others to calibrate it against. Although there is a scale and a rubric for the scale, one inteviewer's 7 might be the same as another's 8.5.

You can, of course, ask, I would wait until February as your Admissions Tutor will be dealing with feedback requests from unsuccessful applicants from now until then. Personally although I give quite detailed feedback I wouldn't give interview scores in feedback to either successful or unsuccessful applicants as I don't think it is particularly helpful.
    I see, thank you! I think I'll resist then, as it's nothing more than a curiosity and, as you said, I think the offer letter is enough.

ReputationRep:
    Nope, they liked you and your abilities - hence the offer! Well done and you are welcome!
    Ah that makes me happy

ReputationRep:
    Omg I think we have offers.
    I'm scared to believe that, don't want to get my hopes up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 08rdiss)
    I think we do! It makes sense under the new system

ReputationRep:
    I've just had a phone call, I was pooled into Murry Edwards

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    Does this not apply to medics? I'm a little confused as to what the situation is as my letter said I'd been pooled and then 'there is as of yet no outcome to your application' but I thought the pool was already finished. Have some colleges not made their decisions or are we in the running for open offers?
    Thank you for your help.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SydneyKid)
    I think we do! It makes sense under the new system
    Oh man I do hope you're right
    I wonder which colleges we'll end up at

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danil0u)
    I've just had a phone call, I was pooled into Murry Edwards

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Congrats!! Which subject did you apply for?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by a123a)
    Hello!

Sorry I don't know if this has been asked to you, but many medics including myself received a letter/email saying they have been placed in the pool and that a decision on their application has not yet been made. It also says we will be contacted ASAP on the outcome of our application. Have people, who received this email, been put in the open offer pooling category or is it that the process of pooling is slightly delayed for pooled medics?
    Hello, sorry that you and other medics have been placed in this situation. The Medicine pool has closed, as have all other subjects, but, as Minerva said yesterday, those candidates not picked out by other colleges will be under consideration for an Open offer. There are, however, very few of these so the large majority of these people will, I am afraid, not receive an offer. It hasn't been possible, timing-wise, to hold the Open offer meeting before the posting deadline which has meant that a small number of people have been placed in this unfortunate situation. Hopefully it is something we can ensure doesn't happen in the future and I am sorry that it has had to happen to you and a small number of others.

I don't know when the meeting is (the Vet one was on Friday) but it should be this week and you will know for certain by 19th Jan at the latest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elcor)
    As the number of posts increases, reclusiveness and nerdness increase and therefore chance of an offer increases.
    :hand:

I am no recluse (he says as he sees invite to party and... Declines)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hippoposthumous)
    Yeah got pooled but not fished! Well done on the offer; I'm horrifically jealous! Bio or Phys though?
    That's seriously unlucky, though I'm sure you'll be brilliant wherever you end up. I was Phys, what about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 08rdiss)
    Me neither ahhhhh I'm just more anxious now!
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Ros09)
    Hi,
    Does this not apply to medics? I'm a little confused as to what the situation is as my letter said I'd been pooled and then 'there is as of yet no outcome to your application' but I thought the pool was already finished. Have some colleges not made their decisions or are we in the running for open offers?
    Thank you for your help.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hello, see message 3815. It means that you are consideration for a rare Open offer.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Oh my goodness. Thank you so much for putting my mind at rest, I was certain I had no chance now! Thank you so much!!!!!
    You are very welcome. We shall have to work on a standard wording for next year!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SydneyKid)
    Congrats!! Which subject did you apply for?

Theology and Religious Studies

ReputationRep:
    Hello, see message 3815. It means that you are consideration for a rare Open offer.
    Thanks for the advice and clarification regarding emails. I'm having trouble finding information on the internet about pooling, it says some of it has moved behind the raven site. Is there anywhere else I could look?

ReputationRep:
    If you didn't even get pooled does this quite literally mean you are the bottom of the pile of applicants?

Poll
Do you have any savings?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.