Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by midnightice)
    I've been living in Holloway for just under a month now. Finally time to soak in some local fanbase atmosphere.

I would've got tickets, but I went last year and it was ****e, bar Sanogo's madness.
    Approx 0,5% of match going fans live in N5

Most local guys just go to the pub actually

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)

Most of our match going fans live in 6 bedroom houses in Kent/Surrey unfortunately.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClockEnderAFC)
    Most of our match going fans live in 6 bedroom houses in Kent/Surrey unfortunately.
    Upper Middle class from Enfield, Barnet, Romford is probably more accurate

ReputationRep:
    Upper Middle class from Enfield, Barnet, Romford is probably more accurate
    Romford is quite a large West Ham area but whatever. Point is we have too many upper class fans going to games nowadays.

ReputationRep:
    Ah right, thought you was heading off there! I'm not too far from Finsbury Park, further down Green Lanes myself but can't wait to see the boys back playing at the Emirates.

sr90 There's actually quite a few decent games up ahead too apart from Arsenal v Lyon and Wolfsburg

i.e. ICC Cup Real Madrid v Manchester City 11:00 (tomorrow live on SS1) and Man Utd v Barcelona on Saturday too.

ReputationRep:

Haven't really been to any of the local pubs yet. Went to the Coronet but that's just a standard 'spoons. You could put a 'spoons in the middle of Swaziland and still get the same kind of people going there.

I'll be sure to go somewhere for the Chelsea match. Recommendations?

ReputationRep:
    Blackstock Road is the place to be on home matchdays tbf.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Stefano93)
    Ah right, thought you was heading off there! I'm not too far from Finsbury Park, further down Green Lanes myself but can't wait to see the boys back playing at the Emirates.

sr90 There's actually quite a few decent games up ahead too apart from Arsenal v Lyon and Wolfsburg

i.e. ICC Cup Real Madrid v Manchester City 11:00 (tomorrow live on SS1) and Man Utd v Barcelona on Saturday too.
    Oh i've already penciled that one in don't you worry. It's so rare that we have a pre season game during normal hours.

ReputationRep:
    So Benzema's agent has confirmed he won't be leaving Madrid this summer, peak.

ReputationRep:
    So weird reading all these areas I know well :ninja:

Edit: Also, does anyone think not having a player's name and number or a customized one at the back of a shirt, leaving it blank, weird?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Oh i've already penciled that one in don't you worry. It's so rare that we have a pre season game during normal hours.
    Gonna be one to watch that, shame we won't be seeing Messi and Neymar at it .
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Gonna be one to watch that, shame we won't be seeing Messi and Neymar at it .
    Let's hope it's a bit more even than the last two times we played Barcelona...

Brb facing greatest club side ever with Giggs and Park in midfield

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Let's hope it's a bit more even than the last two times we played Barcelona...

Brb facing greatest club side ever with Giggs and Park in midfield
    Suarez is playing though right? He's going to be well up for it against United....

Inb4 Suarez bites/racially abuses Smalling.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by midnightice)
    Haven't really been to any of the local pubs yet. Went to the Coronet but that's just a standard 'spoons. You could put a 'spoons in the middle of Swaziland and still get the same kind of people going there.

I'll be sure to go somewhere for the Chelsea match. Recommendations?
    The Coronet is a particularly dodgy spoons, see all kinds of scum in and out during the day.

If you want a big away match atmosphere then the Gunners on Blackstock Rd is the biggest pub and can be quite good. The 12 pins by Finchley Pk station is the best match day pub pre/post game.

Most of the pubs on Holloway Rd itself are posh gastro places, except up at Archway when its just rough arse Irish places. But The George and the Prince Edward are decent traditional pubs just off Holloway Road.

If you have an idealised idea of what a traditional, locals London pub is like me, then the Crown on Holloway Road is as close as youll get. Looks a bit rough but it's a really friendly place and the guys in there know Arsenal better than anyone. Usually Ill just go there if Im about for an away screening. Adams, Parlour and Merson used to go there quite a bit and they knew a good pub when they saw it

Bit further out is the Faltering Fullback up past Finchley Pk station which is probably the best pub in the area all things considered. Good atmosphere, decent crowd, good ales, show all European footie, class beer garden etc.

ReputationRep:
    Think zurich means Finsbury Pk station

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    Think zurich means Finsbury Pk station
    no idea why that came out as Finchley Pk, which doesnt even exist. Been in Berlin too long :laugh:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by samir12)
    Suarez is playing though right? He's going to be well up for it against United....

Inb4 Suarez bites/racially abuses Smalling.
    Not looking forward to seeing Suarez tear our poverty defence apart tbh

ReputationRep:
    So Benzema's agent has confirmed he won't be leaving Madrid this summer, peak.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...d-Arsenal.html

ReputationRep:
    ^Yeah there's no truth in football unless it's official. Still ages till the window shuts tbh.

no idea why that came out as Finchley Pk, which doesnt even exist. Been in Berlin too long :laugh:
    Awwh haha :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    The Coronet is a particularly dodgy spoons, see all kinds of scum in and out during the day.

If you want a big away match atmosphere then the Gunners on Blackstock Rd is the biggest pub and can be quite good. The 12 pins by Finchley Pk station is the best match day pub pre/post game.

Most of the pubs on Holloway Rd itself are posh gastro places, except up at Archway when its just rough arse Irish places. But The George and the Prince Edward are decent traditional pubs just off Holloway Road.

If you have an idealised idea of what a traditional, locals London pub is like me, then the Crown on Holloway Road is as close as youll get. Looks a bit rough but it's a really friendly place and the guys in there know Arsenal better than anyone. Usually Ill just go there if Im about for an away screening. Adams, Parlour and Merson used to go there quite a bit and they knew a good pub when they saw it

Bit further out is the Faltering Fullback up past Finchley Pk station which is probably the best pub in the area all things considered. Good atmosphere, decent crowd, good ales, show all European footie, class beer garden etc.
    Cheers for this - I'll be sure to check these all out whilst I'm here!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: November 8, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.