The Manchester United Thread XIX Watch

This discussion is closed.
mojojojo101
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by SirAlexFerguson)
Nice alternative opinion The bolded part is what I think we disagree with - imo he can get us back to winning ways with are values and culture in tact
It might look all rosy to begin with, but just liek at Chelsea, as soon as something goes wrong I think he will return to type and the dour, boring football will resume.

Also, now that City have Pep I want Mourinho away from England even more, the world does not need a resumption of their ridiculous spats from their time in Spain.

As for Blind vs Costa I think Blund has a big advantage over many PL defenders in that he will most likely not get baited into playing Costa's ridiculous games. In that regard Smalling.might be a bigger worry.
Dirtybit
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Jam's sig.

trapking
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I agree, under the SAF (my) era teams also used to sit back and hope for a point but we were good enough to break them down.
Haha how does it feel to be SAF?

I'm just glad to see good football and hope we can keep it up Also crazy amount of tickets available for the Europa match and some other PL games lol
Ikr that is unheard of for man utd games lol fingers crossed for the Chelsea game....hopefully we can nick all 3 points
Major Zero
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
trapking Last thing we need is an unproven manager. I love Pochettino's style of play but we have been floundering in mediocrity for too long and we need a winner like Jose here to get us back to our winning ways. Since SAF, we've pretty much wasted three years. Jose also has massive pull when it comes to recruiting players.
trapking
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Major Zero)
trapking Last thing we need is an unproven manager. I love Pochettino's style of play but we have been floundering in mediocrity for too long and we need a winner like Jose here to get us back to our winning ways. Since SAF, we've pretty much wasted three years. Jose also has massive pull when it comes to recruiting players.
but we are not entitled to win titles all the time people have to get out of this mindset ffs

Jose's style is terrible for a team like Man Utd. Jose is only good as a short term option (which obviously he won't want). We are a long term minded club and he's not the right fit for this club things will decline even more rapidly with Mourinho but people are just blinded by the fact that he won trophies X years ago.
Major Zero
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by trapking)
but we are not entitled to win titles all the time people have to get out of this mindset ffs

Jose's style is terrible for a team like Man Utd. Jose is only good as a short term option (which obviously he won't want). We are a long term minded club and he's not the right fit for this club things will decline even more rapidly with Mourinho but people are just blinded by the fact that he won trophies X years ago.
If we lose that mindset, we become like Liverpool who reminisce about the good ol' times or like Arsenal who hadn't won a trophy in nearly a decade until their recent FA Cup wins. We are Manchester United, we must always have the mentality and belief that we deserve to win everything because I don't want this club, our club to settle for anything less. Yes, we won't have SAF-level success but we should by no means fade into mediocrity either.
trapking
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
dat's what errrrrbooooooodaaaayyy saaaay

dat's what errrrrrrbodddddaaaaay saaay

Rk2k14
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by zKlown)
Martial the sorta guy to walk into the dance, spray the mak and walk off like nothing happened.

Mata in behind (yes homo) is goals.
Martial the type of guy to walk in the police station like "I did it bich".
mad ting.
NathanW18
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
There is no such thing as a long term manager. It hasn't existed for years. Wenger is the last of its kind. The average manager lasts for just over two years.

This is something a lot of United fans have to accept. Arsenal fans will go through the same thing when Wenger leaves.
Mo De Lemone
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
El Confidencial in Spain are claiming that Mourinho has signed a contract with Manchester United to become the next manager and it will happen in the Summer; http://www.elconfidencial.com/deport...-liga_1145854/
SirAlexFerguson
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Haha how does it feel to be SAF?

Ikr that is unheard of for man utd games lol fingers crossed for the Chelsea game....hopefully we can nick all 3 points
Being SAF is awesome, I get 8m a year to do nothing and I get free tickets

Im tempted to go to a game but money is a bit tight and I don't think its worth annoying my parents for, especially with the risk that we have a LVG "possestion" performance
trapking
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Being SAF is awesome, I get 8m a year to do nothing and I get free tickets

Im tempted to go to a game but money is a bit tight and I don't think its worth annoying my parents for, especially with the risk that we have a LVG "possestion" performance
Hahaha, life is good for some ayeee? I feel privileged to be here with a great though! Pls give me your autograph :mmm:

Nahh save yourself the disappointment and go spend it on some nice foundation or shoes :pierre:
swirly
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
mirin chirpse game

Rk2k14 thoughts?
Lúcio
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by swirly)
mirin chirpse game

Rk2k14 thoughts?
Swirly top wingman 10/10 would recommend
Mo De Lemone
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
COPE are now also saying that Mourinho has been given the OK to take charge of United this Summer
Dirtybit
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Thanks Jeff.

Hopefully these Chinese guys will bid £30m for Fellaini since they are loaded with cash and so we can take it and run.
SirAlexFerguson
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hahaha, life is good for some ayeee? I feel privileged to be here with a great though! Pls give me your autograph :mmm:

Nahh save yourself the disappointment and go spend it on some nice foundation or shoes :pierre:
You are not worthy of my autograph young tadpole i jk here it is:

Haha as a law student I think the money is better spent on textbooks
trapking
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You are not worthy of my autograph young tadpole i jk here it is:
Spoiler:
Show

Haha as a law student I think the money is better spent on textbooks
YAAASSS, I'm gonna hang that on my wall. Thanks :blush:

Pls, text books my ass. You can never spoil yourself too much or at least that's what I tell myself... :lol:
jam277
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
trapking
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
jam277 do you play bball irl ma man?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (16)
16.67%
Labour (40)
41.67%
Liberal Democrats (16)
16.67%
Green Party (5)
5.21%
Brexit Party (3)
3.13%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (0)
0%
SNP (2)
2.08%
Plaid Cymru (2)
2.08%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (0)
0%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (0)