Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nickini)
    Nice, never had the patience for vectoring myself, illustrator or PS?

Personally prefer the look 'smoother' vectoring rather than using triangles and such but I imagine that's even more of a ****er to do. Looks incredible when done well though.
    Photoshop Mesh then the vectoring in Illustrator, tbh i'm quite pleased how it came out given its the first time I've ever tried it that way *giggidy*

What do you mean by 'smoother' vectoring?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimmy Seville)
    Photoshop Mesh then the vectoring in Illustrator, tbh i'm quite pleased how it came out given its the first time I've ever tried it that way *giggidy*

What do you mean by 'smoother' vectoring?
    Vexels apparently, been nearly ten years since I was into graphic design. Something like:

http://xushiwakax.deviantart.com/art...main-309100522

Although that is a lot more detailed than what I initially meant, deviantart has changed it's search function to be utterly terrible since I last used it so can't really find any good examples.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bammy jastard 27)
    I agree, but same could also be said for Durant and potentially losing 2 finals. I think it's quite even between OKC, GSW and Cavs at this moment though. Any of these teams can win it. Lebron needs to move to the west, east is basically a route to the finals for any playoff team he plays in.

Yeah I'd take Paul over Westbrook too, Westbrook an amazing scorer and is great playing in isolation but Paul has more traditional point guard skills, he can also hit threes better than Westbrook who literally is a downgraded 6'4 Lebron James. He runs offence for OKC great though, been the best OKC player in the playoffs so far, just that he is still hot and cold.

Inb4 Cavs get sweeped by Raptors.
    Nah I don't think I would level that at Durant myself, 0-2 in the Finals at age 27/28 isn't end of the world (Jordan, LeBron were similar and Durant is called Kid Clutch). I'm happy with LeBron in the East, #1 seed and free pass to the finals every year. Lowry and Carmelo start for their all stars lol when Chris Paul, Draymond Green, Klay, Harden, Aldridge all sat on the West bench
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Interview with Merril Lynch next week. **** just got real

ReputationRep:
    Good luck man, maybe if you get it you and Lucio can brag about your wages together

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimmy Seville)
    Good luck man, maybe if you get it you and Lucio can brag about your wages together
    Tbf from July onwards I'm gonna go from £39k to £0k.

Quite a wage drop imo.

ReputationRep:
    Thought is was £36k?

ReputationRep:
    3k on the side rentboying

ReputationRep:
    There's a woman standing in front of me on the train with a bit of a belly, idk if she's pregnant or not.. And whether I should offer her my seat 🤔

ReputationRep:
    #aqabiology is trending.

Some of the tweets are jokes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sell my secret)
    Nah I don't think I would level that at Durant myself, 0-2 in the Finals at age 27/28 isn't end of the world (Jordan, LeBron were similar and Durant is called Kid Clutch). I'm happy with LeBron in the East, #1 seed and free pass to the finals every year. Lowry and Carmelo start for their all stars lol when Chris Paul, Draymond Green, Klay, Harden, Aldridge all sat on the West bench
    Still makes me lol how there such a disparity between West and East. Or how the best PF in the league in Anthony Davis doesn't get a start either and Lillard only made the team because other guys were injured while you got guys like DeRozan, Thomas and Wall making the East Bench. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Interview with Merril Lynch next week. **** just got real
    What div

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    I said I'd watched since the early 90s in an argument about the Boleyn Ground vs Upton Park - but that was just me exaggerating tbh.
    Yeah I know it was exaggeration, and in a near meaningless context, was just showing how all football fans say they remember a few years back than they actually do.

Many football fans of my age (early 20s) claim to remember Brazilian Ronaldo at his peak etc. The most I actually remember is him scoring shitloads in 2002 and then moving to Madrid and doing well there. Always remembered his first goal in the 02 final, the rest is mainly off Youtube.

ReputationRep:
    Earlier today this insanely hot girl asked me to pretend to be her boyfriend to get rid of these two guys harassing her

Basically for 30 seconds I was dating the brunette Taylor Swift

Spoiler:
    Show
    Haha
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I'm so alone

ReputationRep:
    Really want to do a masters + PHD.

May think about putting together some applications for a masters starting 2017..

Anyone done a full time masters whilst working? How possible is it?

No chance I am stopping working.. so its just a question of is it possible to do the masters full time, or do I have to do it part time.

Would defiantly do a PHD part-time if that's a route I wanted to go down, just not sure about the masters.

In an essay/humanities type subject if that helps..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    Earlier today this insanely hot girl asked me to pretend to be her boyfriend to get rid of these two guys harassing her

You'll always have those 30 seconds and never forget it xxo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    Really want to do a masters + PHD.

May think about putting together some applications for a masters starting 2017..

Anyone done a full time masters whilst working? How possible is it?

No chance I am stopping working.. so its just a question of is it possible to do the masters full time, or do I have to do it part time.

Would defiantly do a PHD part-time if that's a route I wanted to go down, just not sure about the masters.

In an essay/humanities type subject if that helps..
    I'm doing a part time masters while working full time and it's killing me. Your employers wouldn't understand the concept of study leave (which you'll probably have to take as annual leave) and even then you're expected to make up for the work that you're missing out on.

Equally, your tutors won't understand that you're also working full time and might be inconsiderate.

You'll need to work full time during the week and then study throughout the weekend, and while that sounds doable on paper.. It gets really hard.

When you have sometime to yourself you really want to hold on to it rather than studying.

If you want to do a masters while working full time, my advice would be to do it part time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rk2k14)
    Thought is was £36k?
    Nah, it's £750 a week but I did the maths wrong like a fool - I worked it out as £3k per month when there's obviously slightly more than 4 weeks in a month.

£750 x 52 = £39000

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)

Spoiler:
    Show
    Haha
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I'm so alone
    First of all, if she was "insanely hot", she wouldn't have looked like Taylor Swift.

Secondly, you could've made something out of it mate! A charming comment like treating your girlfriend to dinner, something like that.

I know you're 14 and your body is changing but you need to get out there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)
    I'm doing a part time masters while working full time and it's killing me. Your employers wouldn't understand the concept of study leave (which you'll probably have to take as annual leave) and even then you're expected to make up for the work that you're missing out on.

Equally, your tutors won't understand that you're also working full time and might be inconsiderate.

You'll need to work full time during the week and then study throughout the weekend, and while that sounds doable on paper.. It gets really hard.

When you have sometime to yourself you really want to hold on to it rather than studying.

If you want to do a masters while working full time, my advice would be to do it part time
    If you did have complelte control over your time, how do you think that would affect things?

I ask because I am self-employed, so control of my time is not a problem, (as in, I can always shift schedules around and be avaliable when I need to be). Ofcourse the time constraints are still crazy, and I would still be pulling the same hours as a full time employee + student, but with control, do you think that would be slightly more manageable?

What subject is your masters in? Something medicine related if I remember right?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: November 2, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.