Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Mental Health Support Society XVIII Watch

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    I know. They never had that rule before... (granted, I haven't asked to be put through to duty nurse in about a year, if not longer)
    I don't see why that should be the case. I would call back and ask the duty worker to clarify this is the case, the receptionist (I'm assuming it's them you got through to?) might be mistaken. In all of the many trusts and services I've been under, it's never been the case and actively encouraged to ring the duty worker if CCO is unavailable, that's one of their main reasons for being a duty worker *sigh*
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noodlzzz)
    I don't see why that should be the case. I would call back and ask the duty worker to clarify this is the case, the receptionist (I'm assuming it's them you got through to?) might be mistaken. In all of the many trusts and services I've been under, it's never been the case and actively encouraged to ring the duty worker if CCO is unavailable, that's one of their main reasons for being a duty worker *sigh*
    I'm not well enough to fight atm, tbh. Will just sit it out til my CPN is back at the hospital (she's out on home visits atm, back in the other local hospital around 12.30pm) and then try and get through to her. Coz that's a few hours away, I phoned uni in desperation and the mental health adviser spent nearly half an hour making a crisis plan with me, to tide me over til nurse is back

ReputationRep:
    My mental health coordinator is off sick AGAIN. I can't stand this pain :cry2:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cinnie)
    My mental health coordinator is off sick AGAIN. I can't stand this pain :cry2:
    :jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    I'm not well enough to fight atm, tbh. Will just sit it out til my CPN is back at the hospital (she's out on home visits atm, back in the other local hospital around 12.30pm) and then try and get through to her. Coz that's a few hours away, I phoned uni in desperation and the mental health adviser spent nearly half an hour making a crisis plan with me, to tide me over til nurse is back
    I hope 12:30 is manageable for you. Contact me if you need support.

----------

Talked to CCO on the phone and the words just wouldn't come out properly. There was a person claiming to be from the estate agency doing an inspection but now I'm worried. Been up since 4am because they did something to my brain. Not a good day.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    I am so ****ing dazed, I am so out of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midnightmemories)
    :hugs: I remember you :ninja: :giggle:

This place is a little ohana. No one gets left behind or forgotten. That's how it seems to me anyway :getmecoat:
    Certainly a more creative way to remember something hahaaa :laugh:

Hope all is well with you!

(Original post by sherbet_lemons7)
    Yay dukey. :jumphug: :hat: How are you? How are things? :loveduck: :woo:
    I'm doing great! I have my slip ups and have gone on to have a few depressive episodes, but I feel more confident now than I've had for a while. Starting to see my self-worth...although Uni can slap a cactus :lol: How about you? :hugs:

(Original post by Airmed)
    I could never forget you! :hugs:
    N'awwww thanks for the love, I genuinely didn't expect anything like this <3 :hugs:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Anyone had experience getting a sick not for mental health reasons for GP?

Got appointment next week for sick note to accompany my ESA application. She seems like a lovely doctor but a bit worried she'll think I'm fishing for benefits, which I am I guess, but I legit can't work or even travel to a place of work so need the money to pay rent.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:

Got appointment next week for sick note to accompany my ESA application. She seems like a lovely doctor but a bit worried she'll think I'm fishing for benefits, which I am I guess, but I legit can't work or even travel to a place of work so need the money to pay rent.
    I haven't personally had one, though have been offered a couple. My mum had sick notes for her depression, and it wasn't difficult to get them. At least in her experience, the GPs are quite understanding and are quite happy to help in that respect

ReputationRep:

I had quite a few for uni for my depression and they were fine as i was honest what i needed it for.

My ex also used to get them for his ESA and again his GP was fine doing them as he was always honest why he was getting them.

So just be honest and i cant see it being an issue

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PandaWho)
    I had quite a few for uni for my depression and they were fine as i was honest what i needed it for.

My ex also used to get them for his ESA and again his GP was fine doing them as he was always honest why he was getting them.

So just be honest and i cant see it being an issue

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you Panda

Do you know roughly how long you are signed off for? Or does it really depend? I hate going to the GP often, I feel like I'm using up valuable resources.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you Panda

Do you know roughly how long you are signed off for? Or does it really depend? I hate going to the GP often, I feel like I'm using up valuable resources.
    Think they generally do a month at a time for ESA depending on your dr. But my exes dr started doing 2 month ones haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PandaWho)
    Think they generally do a month at a time for ESA depending on your dr. But my exes dr started doing 2 month ones haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you I guess every 4 weeks isn't too bad.

How are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    Well, EIP were supposed to call me today but they haven't. Don't know how to feel about this.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Well, EIP were supposed to call me today but they haven't. Don't know how to feel about this.
    What was it in reference too? If it was important I would call them. Also, it's still not 5pm. Give it 4:30 and call them I guess.

ReputationRep:
    What was it in reference too? If it was important I would call them. Also, it's still not 5pm. Give it 4:30 and call them I guess.
    I went in to see the nurse today about something I can't talk about on here and she called the dr in and he said he would ring EIP and get someone to come out to see me asap
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I went in to see the nurse today about something I can't talk about on here and she called the dr in and he said he would ring EIP and get someone to come out to see me asap
    Ok. As I said give it 30 mins then call them.

Hope you're ok and safe :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Noodlzzz- I once had a sick note for a year - although I don't think that's entirely ethical...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ok. As I said give it 30 mins then call them.

Hope you're ok and safe :hugs:
    Called them and they want home treatment to get involved =/
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bullettheory)
    Noodlzzz- I once had a sick note for a year - although I don't think that's entirely ethical...

Posted from TSR Mobile

sounds helpful! what was your situation if you don't mind me asking?

Called them and they want home treatment to get involved =/
    I know home treatment suck. But they can keep you safe. If you want to PM me about the situation I'm happy to talk. Been involved with EIS and crisis team for a few/long times. Not triggered easily either

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 21, 2017
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.