The Official Cambridge Offer Holders Thread 2016 Entry MK II

University Navigation

ReputationRep:
    Let's hope there isn't much gap between a grown-up's definition of "soon" and that of very excited teenagers'.

ReputationRep:
    Has anybody here received a CAS from the university yet? Other uni students have already begun receiving them yesterday, but haven't heard anything from King's.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    Has anybody here received a CAS from the university yet? Other uni students have already begun receiving them yesterday, but haven't heard anything from King's.
    King's was always a little slow for sending everything out though, took 2 weeks just for offer to update on track

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EnglishMuon)
    King's was always a little slow for sending everything out though, took 2 weeks just for offer to update on track
    one of the drawbacks to a popular college.

You ready to be gawked at by chinese tourists? :lol:

ReputationRep:

Yea thats y i applied. We should learn to do some street magic outside the main gate for them

ReputationRep:

Nothing to do with being a 'popular' college. They only have to deal with the fixed number of freshers that they've known for ages they'd have to deal with every year.
    You just need to be a little more patient. Don't worry what other unis are doing.
    Cambridge does things in their own way and they always do them in time, no matter which college you are.

ReputationRep:
    Yea thats y i applied. We should learn to do some street magic outside the main gate for them
    the twin kings mathmos act, maybe it'll become an age old tradition

(Original post by vincrows)
    Nothing to do with being a 'popular' college. They only have to deal with the fixed number of freshers that they've known for ages they'd have to deal with every year.
    You just need to be a little more patient. Don't worry what other unis are doing.
    Cambridge does things in their own way and they always do them in time, no matter which college you are.
    Fair enough, being patient is so hard at this stage. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    the twin kings mathmos act, maybe it'll become an age old tradition

Fair enough, being patient is so hard at this stage. :lol:
    Stop talking zacin plz.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    Stop talking zacin plz.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    don't get jelly just cus ur not good enough at card tricks/juggling to perform in the street so u gotta spend ur time getting a 1st from cambridge.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone (*cough* jneill *cough* ) know when the application statistics are updated?

Just curious how many (2 to 6 probably) other mathmos there'll be at my college

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    Does anyone (*cough* jneill *cough* ) know when the application statistics are updated?

I'll check when I get a chance but I don't think it's for a while. November perhaps.

Edit: Yep from looking at previous years it's not till November. Should be 2016 acceptances and perhaps 2017 applications.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Yeah I'm just here to agree with jneill. I'm fairly certain it's not until well after you get to Cambridge.

ReputationRep:

no. of mathmos at ur college r probably fixed, if needed they mite have taken from the pool.
    +-1 that is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    I'll check when I get a chance but I don't think it's for a while. November perhaps.

Edit: Yep from looking at previous years it's not till November. Should be 2016 acceptances and perhaps 2017 applications.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks.

(Original post by physicsmaths)
    no. of mathmos at ur college r probably fixed, if needed they mite have taken from the pool.
    +-1 that is.
    Judging from statistics from the last 5 years, it varies a lot, from 3 all the way to 5. Depends if Krollo is at it too, cos he probably counts as 2 mathmos.

ReputationRep:

Thanks.

Judging from statistics from the last 5 years, it varies a lot, from 3 all the way to 5. Depends if Krollo is at it too, cos he probably counts as 2 mathmos.
    LoL

'the one with the talking sock monkey'

I found a pair with the right colours, and got 4 extra pairs of socks alongside it. Two birds...

NatScis are always abundant, I've found someone from my college doing Bio natsci already (hopefully same modules too)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serine Soul)
    'the one with the talking sock monkey'

I found a pair with the right colours, and got 4 extra pairs of socks alongside it. Two birds...
    hahaha great!

our act could be a sock monkey puppet show, but to make it Cambridge specific it should be in the style of a lecture on a specific topic

ReputationRep:
    Nah mate, he's half a mathmo. Both physically and physicsally.

ReputationRep:
    Nah mate, he's half a mathmo. Both physically and physicsally.
    Definately physically.
    5Krollo/2=Me

Posted from TSR Mobile

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: January 16, 2017
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you prefer to be told about sex by your:

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.