(Original post by Phalanges)

Best Original Score
    Daft Punk, Tron: Legacy
    Hans Zimmer, Inception
    I will eat my socks if this happens. :shifty:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    I will eat my socks if this happens. :shifty:
    It should. Whether or not the Academy will decide to be snobs is another matter, but I would be very surprised if it didn't get at least the BAFTA for it.

ReputationRep:
    Have you seen Restrepo?

The Fifth Element is such a great film. Brings back childhood memories.

Going to watch Being John Malkovich. Supposed to be a good movie, we shall see. Centurion was okay.

ReputationRep:
    Being John Malkovich (along with everything Charlie Kaufman has ever done short of his Kung Fu Panda 2 rewrites) is excellent.

ReputationRep:
    Going to watch Being John Malkovich. Supposed to be a good movie, we shall see. Centurion was okay.
    Yeah, it's pretty good. I watched it a few years ago. Pretty messed up.

ReputationRep:
    I'm watching Into the Wild. It is excellent.

I only saw that for the first time last Saturday and really loved it. Very moving film.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone watched the documentary We Live in Public? it looks ****ing mental, wondering if I should check it out.

I watched American History X last night - great film, I'm beginning to think I underrated Norton as an actor before. I also really liked the cinematography, some of the scenes were really beautiful (in a violent way), and symbolism seemed to be used to a fairly high degree as well. I do think it might have been a bit better if they'd found someone better than Avery Brooks to play the principal, his acting was the weak link for me...

Also very excited about Daniel Day Lewis being set to play Abe Lincoln in Spielberg's new (2012) biopic

ReputationRep:
    Seeing as there's now less than a month before the release of Tron, I decided it was time to properly fanboy-up my profile.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...postcount=6483

Scaredy cat
    A year on. :rofl:

:p:

Also, Daft Punk doing the Tron soundtrack is a no brainer: http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2010...ra-tron-legacy

Also:

:coma:

ReputationRep:
    Fincher inspires second Facebook film. :nothing:

ReputationRep:
    Don't see the problem; there's more than one way to tell a story like this. Not to mention that it's an animated short, so the vast majority of people will probably never even be aware of it's existence.

ReputationRep:
    Don't see the problem; there's more than one way to tell a story like this. Not to mention that it's an animated short, so the vast majority of people will probably never even be aware of it's existence.
    I know. I just don't know what to make of a comic book about Mark Zuckerberg.

ReputationRep:
    In 1989 an audiologist called Ole Bentzen went to go and see A Fish Called Wanda - during one scene he was laughing so much that his heart started beating at between 250 and 500 beats per minute and he died of a heart attack. How many comedies can claim that they're so funny people have died laughing at them?

(Original post by unknownking321)
    I know. I just don't know what to make of a comic book about Mark Zuckerberg.
    Yeah, that is a bit odd.

ReputationRep:
    Watching A Bug's Life at the moment, good old Channel 5 films ftw. Edit: David Hyde Pierce. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Steampunk Samurai Biker Chick is a film name which makes me chuckle.

ReputationRep:
    Steampunk Samurai Biker Chick is a film name which makes me chuckle.
    My best friend and I used to keep a list of really awful sounding films including Sssssssss, Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot, The Man Who Went Up A Hill And Came Down A Mountain, Superbabies: Baby Geniuses 2 and Return Of The Killer Tomatoes. I can't remember the rest but there was a couple of pages

Anyways, I bought The Pirate and Thoroughly Modern Millie today so will probably be watching one of them tonight

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.