Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

NFL talk? Questions about American football? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Manning oh manning. He'll go to Miami.

ReputationRep:
    This bountygate thing has me slightly riled.

After what happened to the patriots, for what was in actual fact a minor discretion (when you consider what actually happened, i.e the facts), the Saints should get hit SO hard. Especially with Goodell's focus on player safety, this just takes the pee.

As for Manning, I actually hope he goes to Miami. Brady vs Manning tqwice a year would be sick!

(Original post by Idris Dragon)
    Reports suggest Manning will be cut.

He should retire. What more has he got to gain, who will remember Franco Harris as a Seahawk and Brett Favre as anything other than a Packer?
    It's in a player's nature to try to win, and as long as he can do that he will try. He feels very under-acomplished for his talent, after all there are players far inferior to Manning with more rings.

Lets not forget Montana as a Chief :P

ReputationRep:
    Guys, y'all should join www.nfloutofhours.co.uk

Very laid back forum, knowledgeable lads, articles, occasional interviews and for the first time ever they have a podcast.

More members would be excellent.

ReputationRep:
    Man they were great last night.

Code:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Patriot)
    This bountygate thing has me slightly riled.

After what happened to the patriots, for what was in actual fact a minor discretion (when you consider what actually happened, i.e the facts), the Saints should get hit SO hard. Especially with Goodell's focus on player safety, this just takes the pee.
    Was that when someone got his left knee in the first game of was it the 2009 season?

(Original post by The Patriot)
    As for Manning, I actually hope he goes to Miami. Brady vs Manning tqwice a year would be sick!
    Would be epic. After all the times the Colts edged us out recently be nice to trounce Manning twice a season.

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone see LeBron and DWade's interviews after the Hawks game canvassing for Manning to come down to Miami. AFC East would be stacked in Manning goes Miami and can perform close to previous levels. Plus Wayne would join him, with his connections to Miami (college ball at the U), great number 2 receiver there. Although part of me keeps coming back to Arizona and the friendship with Fitz, though they owe Kolb a 7 million bonus this offseason (that contract was a joke by the way). Cleveland ruled themselves out, Manning wouldn't have gone anyway.

And, the bounty hunting scandal. Goes on amongst the league I reckon, but more so with payouts for splash plays with fumbles and INTs. As a Bucs fan I hope they get hit hard. Looking back at the footage against the Vikes in the championship game it just looks obvious that they are targetting him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ben_S)
    Did anyone see LeBron and DWade's interviews after the Hawks game canvassing for Manning to come down to Miami. AFC East would be stacked in Manning goes Miami and can perform close to previous levels. Plus Wayne would join him, with his connections to Miami (college ball at the U), great number 2 receiver there. Although part of me keeps coming back to Arizona and the friendship with Fitz, though they owe Kolb a 7 million bonus this offseason (that contract was a joke by the way). Cleveland ruled themselves out, Manning wouldn't have gone anyway.

And, the bounty hunting scandal. Goes on amongst the league I reckon, but more so with payouts for splash plays with fumbles and INTs. As a Bucs fan I hope they get hit hard. Looking back at the footage against the Vikes in the championship game it just looks obvious that they are targetting him.
    For me if Payton really wants a second ring the 49ers are his best bet, superb defense and with him holding the offensive reigns along side the packers and patriots they'd be favorites for the Superbowl. However i doubt that's going to happen as Payton doesn't seem to want to go to the NFC.
    As with the bounty scandal i do think they have be made an example of. The simple reason being because of the emphasis they've put on tackles trying to get down the number of dangerous injuries. If it was simply X number of hits = $$$ then i don't think there would be a problem but i think the intent of maiming has to be discouraged, i mean it probably stopped Kurt Warner one year and Brett Farve the next from winning the Superbowl (both teams were Hot as hell before the QBs got hit)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rainingshame)
    For me if Payton really wants a second ring the 49ers are his best bet, superb defense and with him holding the offensive reigns along side the packers and patriots they'd be favorites for the Superbowl. However i doubt that's going to happen as Payton doesn't seem to want to go to the NFC.
    As with the bounty scandal i do think they have be made an example of. The simple reason being because of the emphasis they've put on tackles trying to get down the number of dangerous injuries. If it was simply X number of hits = $$$ then i don't think there would be a problem but i think the intent of maiming has to be discouraged, i mean it probably stopped Kurt Warner one year and Brett Farve the next from winning the Superbowl (both teams were Hot as hell before the QBs got hit)
    Niners have no receivers. While I agree he'd make them an instant Superbowl favourite, even Manning needs receivers to work with, and all they have is Vernon Davis. If they could bring in Vincent Jackson and he could bring Reggie Wayne with him, you might be talking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rekyht)
    Niners have no receivers. While I agree he'd make them an instant Superbowl favourite, even Manning needs receivers to work with, and all they have is Vernon Davis. If they could bring in Vincent Jackson and he could bring Reggie Wayne with him, you might be talking.
    What about Michael Crabtree? I recognise he really hasn't proven himself thus far so I see why you're saying that, but he has a lot of talent and with Manning could have a breakout year possibly. Also, often in scenarios if you improve the QB, the WR improves too, could be the case with their WR core too if they have unfulfilled talent. In Oakland Moss looked average/above average (admittedly more due to not caring probably), in New England he was a record breaking receiver, same again with Welker in Miami and New England, Irving Fryar earlier on with Dan Marino compared to before to use a few AFC East related examples among many in the NFL. Of course you always get your Andre Johnsons who are great whoever throws it - even with David Carr he was good - but it's still a possibility here.

From what I've read, Manning's narrowed it down to about 4/5 teams - Denver, Miami, Arizona, and the others they didn't say, but probably KC or Seattle I would think. Have to say, whilst Denver makes sense, it would be a complete slap in the face to Tebow after leading them into the playoffs so it surprised me a little. Could see it happening though. I personally doubt he'll go to Miami, as a Phins fan - the fact that we've constantly been touted as favourites means it'll inevitably not be us.

ReputationRep:
    Redskins have gone all in on RGIII

3 first rounders (2012,2013,2014) & this year's 2nd all for the Rams' 2nd overall pick.

Wow. An amazing deal for St Louis.

If he works out it'll be worth it for both mind you...

ReputationRep:
    It'll be much harder for him to work out with less talent around him though. And Washington aren't known for making brilliant free agent splashes (big ones, yes, but not typically ones that work out).

ReputationRep:
    I think the trade will be a great deal for both sides, I mean the Skins are relevant again and they have their QB and there will be no Grossman/Beck saga that ruined last year. The Rams, they are stacked now with picks for years and with Schwartz in place its a good time for them, and I think you take Riley Reiff from Iowa with that 6 pick, or Dontari Poe on the D line.

The team that I'd hate to be a fan of right now, the Cleveland Browns, apparently they were reluctant to part with the 22 pick to move up, a few more years of insignificance awaits, go Browns. Only saving grace is if they can pick up Matt Flynn in FA, though he's only played two games in his career

Mark Sanchez 3 year extension, I lol'd, out of the Manning sweepstakes.

Yeah as someone pointed out the front runners are coming to the fore for Peyton. KC offered him a deal, he met in Denver yesterday with Elway, Bowlen etc. He's going AZ this weekend then MIA to round out. I still think Miami and AZ are front runners. Miami will pay him more and have the D to compliment him. Also another point, someone said on here about the 9ers because they have a great D but to be honest, it's not like Manning needs a good D to have a SB run, I mean that Indy D has never been good, they've been terrible against the run for many years, you offset that with the speedy edge rushers that they like but they've never been an elite D so it's not a massive deal when you have Peyton behind center.

ReputationRep:
    Only in Cleveland.

I hope the Redskins take Hillis as well and he gives RG3 strep throat.

I'm not sold on Matt Flynn, I think that at the price he'll be going for we'd be as well giving McCoy another chance.

I don't feel like anybody's worth the #4 pick. In my dreams we still trade with the Rams - they move up to #4 for Blackmon and, since they have so many picks that they don't care, we get their #6 and one of their second rounders (crazy, I know). That gives the Browns 4 picks in the top 40. I don't want Trent Richardson but I'm not heartbroken if we take him. We also get Wright or Hill, and they turn out to be an instant superstar. Maybe pick up Weeden and give McCoy some competition, driving him to a TEBOWWWW season. The D solidifies around the young talent, we get an uninjured RT, and Little pairs with the rookie to make the most dominant breakout WR corps in the league. McCoy hits his stride and leads the team to victory on victory. The Browns franchise storms back into significance, culminating in a decisive victory in Super Bowl L.

At least that's what might happen somewhere else. But this is Cleveland. Its more likely the front office will spend the entire offseason deciding not to resign Hillis, forgetting to look at anyone else. Hillis is ignored by every other team, sinks into a drug-fuelled depression, and pulls a firetruck full of gasoline and screaming children into the Browns' training facility. Carlton Mitchell is the only survivor.

The sadness factory continues production.

ReputationRep:
    Can't say I'm surprised with the Rams - Redskins trade. RG3 is going to be an awesome player so both sides got a fantastic deal out of it. As for the Rams, I'm excited to see how the team is going to shape up over the next few years. With Fisher as head coach and these 1st round picks stacking up, I can see them making the playoffs in a couple of years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blaah Blaah)
    Only in Cleveland.

I hope the Redskins take Hillis as well and he gives RG3 strep throat.

I'm not sold on Matt Flynn, I think that at the price he'll be going for we'd be as well giving McCoy another chance.

I don't feel like anybody's worth the #4 pick. In my dreams we still trade with the Rams - they move up to #4 for Blackmon and, since they have so many picks that they don't care, we get their #6 and one of their second rounders (crazy, I know). That gives the Browns 4 picks in the top 40. I don't want Trent Richardson but I'm not heartbroken if we take him. We also get Wright or Hill, and they turn out to be an instant superstar. Maybe pick up Weeden and give McCoy some competition, driving him to a TEBOWWWW season. The D solidifies around the young talent, we get an uninjured RT, and Little pairs with the rookie to make the most dominant breakout WR corps in the league. McCoy hits his stride and leads the team to victory on victory. The Browns franchise storms back into significance, culminating in a decisive victory in Super Bowl L.

At least that's what might happen somewhere else. But this is Cleveland. Its more likely the front office will spend the entire offseason deciding not to resign Hillis, forgetting to look at anyone else. Hillis is ignored by every other team, sinks into a drug-fuelled depression, and pulls a firetruck full of gasoline and screaming children into the Browns' training facility. Carlton Mitchell is the only survivor.

The sadness factory continues production.

Is this you?

http://www.youtube.com/v/aZ5pTZOHlcw

ReputationRep:
    He's blatantly going to the Broncos. Though I really don't see how their running game will be anywhere near as good if they replace Tebow (650 yards rushing). Moreno hasn't delivered there and McGahee's while effective (1100) at the moment, is only getting older (he's 30). Running backs typically tend to drop off in production from 30 years old onwards, so can he do that again next season? He'll be helped a very good O-Line it must be said though. That'll entice Manning.

But even so, their D wasn't as good as any of the 3 others in contention. In fact both Miami (6th) and Tennessee (8th best) allowed way fewer points in the season than Arizona (16th) and Denver (23rd).

Let's face it, he's really going to Denver because of his familiarity with Fox and Elway. If not them, I reckon Arizona. Can't see Miami at this point going from all the negative reports, and I doubt he'll want to play vs the Colts 2x per year.

Whilst I confess to being a Dolphins fan, I still think Miami is the best fit or 2nd best fit behind the Titans in terms of a good team in most areas - certainly from the majority of the stats they don't appear a 6-10 team at all - but it won't happen.

ReputationRep:
    I love the whole Peyton sweepstakes. I mean no one seems to know whether he can throw or not apart from that grainy 18 second video at like Duke where even then we don't know if its him or not. I mean how are all those procedures going to hold up when he takes a hit. No-one knows, and Peyton's not exactly threw to anyone (save for Brandon Stokely in the park in Denver apparently). Think KC was a good fit with the pieces on Offense, JC, DB, Moaeki etc and a good young D but rumour has it they are out of the running.

Can't wait for FA, and glad that Moss is back within the league, 1 year deal with the 9ers, hopefully Smith can get him the ball deep

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh crap, Marshall traded. It's funny, I heard Peyton wasn't keen on throwing to him with his character concerns, maybe this is a show of Miami's intent to appease Manning. If it is, it could (and will most likely will) horribly backfire. That said, this probably improves the cap situation and 2 3rds, although I think it's a terrible price for the Phins, is still more picks I guess. Still at least it's not the 5th rounder the Steelers got for Santonio Holmes...that's what I'll keep telling myself anyway...

As for Bears, Cutler and Marshall reunite. Very good deal for them, Miami got killed on this trade, as much as it pains me to say it. We gave up 2 2nds in the first place to get him. As I said before though, it might understandable as to why we were willing to part.

ReputationRep:
    What does everyone think about Manning at the Broncos?? Personally, as a Broncos fan, I think Tebow is a good fit for the Broncos and honestly, I don't have too much faith in Manning..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rural_boy)
    What does everyone think about Manning at the Broncos?? Personally, as a Broncos fan, I think Tebow is a good fit for the Broncos and honestly, I don't have too much faith in Manning..
    Denver should keep Tebow.

Manning to Tennessee.

Works in favour of both teams that way I think.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.