Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

22 August 2013 GCSE results: Discussion thread watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalek1099)
    Universities rarely say what they really want you to have for example so little universities produce a black list but it is well known that universities discriminate against different A-Levels and universities want you to have 5A*-C including English and Maths and while they won't do a public announcement they want it.

If you wanted to go to UCL, you wouldn't want to have to take an extra GCSE in a language on top of your degree so it is quite a disadvantage and in a world becoming more and more globalised universities and employers are going to want languages more and more, especially when you consider how bad the UK is at foreign languages compared to the rest of Europe-how are you supposed to trade and negotiate with people if you don't know their language?

I fully see where my language teacher is going when she said how I'd be at the top of the employment list with 2 languages-I know She was completely exaggerating but She does have a valid point.
    With your attitude I strongly doubt you'll be at the top of any employment list.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theJdog)
    urm, hi! is this for GCSE results that will be coming out nest week?
    It is indeed. How are you feeling for them?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    For our course this topic wasn't required all we needed to do was to identify case studies from poor parts of the world and rich parts of the world for natural disasters and tourism, we didn't do anything more complex so it was very simple to call them LEDCs and MEDCs.
    That should be fine for geography gcse, but to call china an LEdc outside of gcse would be to betray yor ignorance.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    i'm curious now :unimpressed:

ReputationRep:
    So nervous for next week, just want it over and done with. Have faith everyone, hope you get the results you wish for!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benwalters1996)
    Everyone's geography is crap until they reach 60! Lol :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So there's hope for me yet! :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The 6th form/college thing is very confusing to me because I'm going to my school's sixth form, which meant that I was guaranteed a place as long as I got the grades necessary for the courses I wanted to study but my school's sixth form is part of a college, which has several campuses which include my school's sixth from.Am I going to sixth form/college?-its so confusing:confused:
    That is really confusing , Y U SO COMPLICATED

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pathosL)
    i'm curious now :unimpressed:
    I was curious a long time ago :lol:

(Original post by H-SEA)
    So nervous for next week, just want it over and done with. Have faith everyone, hope you get the results you wish for!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    why can't it just hurry up .. and you too

ReputationRep:
    Wow, 6 days. I've been on here since 20+ days to go :O nerves

Good luck everyone!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    For some reason; going through the A-level result threads and seeing all these new results-related threads has made me feel quite petty thinking about my GCSEs! However; in some ways it's now made the milestone of a week left ring loud and clear...:eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by techno836)
    I was curious a long time ago :lol:

the curiosity hit me after a level results day since it felt like omg this is actually happeneing, good luck though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pathosL)
    the curiosity hit me after a level results day since it felt like omg this is actually happeneing, good luck though
    haha ikr .. so what are you expecting ?

(Original post by nkamy)
    Argh so nervous about next week! Gotta get this right so badly good luck everyone x

Posted from TSR Mobile
    haha i'm sure there is a large club for that ... what you wanting to do and expecting

ReputationRep:
    finally going to use my new calculator for my bridging the gap booklet

Omg i'm pretty close to 4000 posts after yesterday :lol:
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    First Post!

So nervous about thursday - just want it to be over !!

Got no chance of getting my predicted grades

ReputationRep:
    hi guys:3 I was wondering what time do you get you results?
    Also are you going before your school opens? My school opens at 8:45 and I'm debating to go at 8:15-8:30 - what do you think about that?
    Also is it better to open your results at home or school?:/ DECISIONS

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    6 days left 😳😖😥 Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1376643961.212528.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  17.7 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Basket case)
    Also are you going before your school opens? My school opens at 8:45 and I'm debating to go at 8:15-8:30 - what do you think about that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I get mine at 10am :eek:! But I'm going to be standing outside the gates with friends at around half 9 / quarter to

It depends if your school has a sixth form and you're going there, as you may have to confirm your choices.

Mine does, but I'm not going there, but I'm going to open it at school in case I need to ask them for remarks etc

If I waited till I got home, I'd probably have an anxiety attack just looking at the envelope!

Good Luck
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Basket case)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My school opens at 6:00am - not worried about getting up early because I have no chance of sleeping the night before!

I might get there 5 or 10 minutes before it opens but standing around for a long time will make the nerves worse.

I'll porbably open my results at school but its best to do whats best for you
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Oh , and I forgot to say

Good Luck !

ReputationRep:
    Yeah our school opens 10am too, I'll be there before then!

Probably will open mine there because we have to confirm choices with the school for next year

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.