Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Today I signed up for Dawson hall at Charterhouse Square!

Is anyone else here going to stay there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kmlee0926)
    Today I signed up for Dawson hall at Charterhouse Square!

Is anyone else here going to stay there?
    Yes! Be sure to join the facebook group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/663758310360335/

ReputationRep:
    Offered accommodation: 1 double bedroom with separate bathroom (5 mins walk from royal london hospital) gbp 800 per month (inclusive of bills and internet)

Hi ppl,

I just received a later offer to study graduate medicine at imperial college london 2 weeks ago ~ super excited about this! I just resigned from my job last week and have less than 5 weeks to sort out the logistics before starting term.
    One of my "to do" list is to find a flat mate, i owe a 2 bed 2 bath flat near aldgate east/whitechapel,5 mins walk from royal london hospital (originally i was hoping that i would get into st barts!). I am looking for a flatemate.
    Requirements: graduate student (male or female) non smoker & the usual (friendly, tidy, independent & respectful of others privacy)

About myself: female, graduate entry medicine at imperial 2014

Please let me know if you are interested, would really appreciate if you could point me to any forum where i could post this advert.
    Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

Is anyone else on the extended waiting list and worried about accom?

ReputationRep:
    anyone pre-enrolled yet? it doesnt let me on the website

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaishiva)
    anyone pre-enrolled yet? it doesnt let me on the website
    You should have got an email with a user and password to log in to mysis.qmul.ac.uk . On that site, you just click enrolment and it should let you do the pre enrolment stuff and make an appointment if you want to do an early enrolment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ConnellM)
    I applied for Mile End because of the ensuites & the diversity of subjects I'd be able to interact with, but ended up with Floyer House (Whitechapel) and am pretty happy with it - ultimately it's only for a year and both halls are only half an hour away, so whichever one you pick, it probably won't make too much of a difference!
    Being at Whitechapel will (hopefully!) mean getting away with getting out of bed later too!

For all those who haven't found it yet, here is the reading list : http://www.smd.qmul.ac.uk/undergradu...ion/111400.pdf

I only bought the first 2 books, and there is an error: you should buy the SEVENTH edition of the first book, not the SIXTH (although ultimately it doesn't matter too much - I checked this with Bart's!)

Additionally, you may find it cheaper to get these books off of Amazon - the first two books in the bundle cost £75 from their recommended retailer, but I was able to get the books from Amazon for £43
    Would you be able to provide me with a link on Amazon for those books you got.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hello,
    Have any of you guys received any vaccinations in preparation for going to study at Barts?

ReputationRep:
    Hello, just have my Ukcat 670 band 2, My GCSE 8 A* 3 A, As AAAA and prodict garde is A*A*A, Study medicine in the barts is my dream!

Please advise that do I have chance to interview for 2015?

I would be grateful to hear any advise from 2013 and 2014 the barts medicine students, many thanks.!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jane1234)
    Hello, just have my Ukcat 670 band 2, My GCSE 8 A* 3 A, As AAAA and prodict garde is A*A*A, Study medicine in the barts is my dream!

Please advise that do I have chance to interview for 2015?

I would be grateful to hear any advise from 2013 and 2014 the barts medicine students, many thanks.!
    Yes, you still have a chance.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I'll possibly be applying to Barts for 2015 entry.

My UCAS tariff is 650 (4 A star predictions, an A star prediction for EPQ and Additional Maths FSMQ), but I think my UKCAT is a bit on the low side at 690, band 1.

I've looked at the admission statistics for 2014 entry, and a mid-range example stated was 640 UCAS tariff, and 710 for the UKCAT, which I guess is pretty similar to mine. I'm not sure, but I'd like to think that there has been a UKCAT deflation this year (just for solace), but also because last years mean was about 2650, and this year, it's about 2550 (although this could change, since it's only valid for tests taken before 8th August).

In all honesty, do you guys think I'll have a chance of getting an interview at Barts?

(10 A stars for GCSEs, but I don't think that's very relevant for Barts).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TazzyBoo)

My UCAS tariff is 650 (4 A star predictions, an A star prediction for EPQ and Additional Maths FSMQ), but I think my UKCAT is a bit on the low side at 690, band 1.

I've looked at the admission statistics for 2014 entry, and a mid-range example stated was 640 UCAS tariff, and 710 for the UKCAT, which I guess is pretty similar to mine. I'm not sure, but I'd like to think that there has been a UKCAT deflation this year (just for solace), but also because last years mean was about 2650, and this year, it's about 2550 (although this could change, since it's only valid for tests taken before 8th August).

In all honesty, do you guys think I'll have a chance of getting an interview at Barts?

Hi,

Where to find the the admission statistics for 2014 entry?

Thanks

ReputationRep:

I know someone with practically identical stats who got an offer for 2014 entry so I think you'll be fine

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I worked out that I got 300 UCAS points for my AAAA and D3 in Cambridge Pre-U, I dont understand how people are getting 650+ ucas points??? am i missing something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jane1234)
    Hi,

Where to find the the admission statistics for 2014 entry?

Thanks
    Hi there!

Just follow this link, click on "selection criteria", and at the top, just click "Admissions data: the 2014 admissions cycle". A PDF file should open up.

http://www.smd.qmul.ac.uk/undergradu...100/index.html

Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skyakdu)
    I know someone with practically identical stats who got an offer for 2014 entry so I think you'll be fine

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lol Akash could you stop stalking me please!

ReputationRep:
    Lol Akash could you stop stalking me please!
    Erm who are you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jaska)
    I worked out that I got 300 UCAS points for my AAAA and D3 in Cambridge Pre-U, I dont understand how people are getting 650+ ucas points??? am i missing something?
    Hi, I think you might be calculating your tariff in terms of your achieved qualifications. Barts look at your predicted A level grades, and determine your UCAS tariff from that.

For example, if you got 4 As for your AS levels, and have taken on 3 A levels with 3 A star predictions, your tariff would be 140 + 140 + 140 + 60 = 480. Then, you add on any other points from other "tariffable" qualifications.

Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skyakdu)
    Erm who are you

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Erm SHADDAP. AkDu. I am your worst nightmare.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I think you might be calculating your tariff in terms of your achieved qualifications. Barts look at your predicted A level grades, and determine your UCAS tariff from that.

For example, if you got 4 As for your AS levels, and have taken on 3 A levels with 3 A star predictions, your tariff would be 140 + 140 + 140 + 60 = 480. Then, you add on any other points from other "tariffable" qualifications.

Hope this helps!
    wow so just having a levels is nowhere near enough if they want 750 ucas :[

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.