Turn on thread page Beta

The Arsenal Thread XX watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Armchairs.

ReputationRep:
    Match of the day is going to be great. A Man United loss and an Arsenal win.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Also saw a stat that Arsenal created the second least chances out of the top 4.

They just keep hold of the ball for long enough as defensive possession. First game of the season most important thing is three points. So well done on that score. Can't complain.

ReputationRep:
    We didn't create much but tbf we weren't given much room by Palace. Not an excuse for our performance though

ReputationRep:
    When teams park the bus, there needs to be a lot of movement from the forward players and they all need hold up the ball well. Sanogo did neither and was a big reason why we created basically nothing of note in the first half. Maybe he'll be a good player for us in the future, but I don't see how we can allow him to get anywhere near the team in these types of games when we KNOW teams are draggin their bus into the stadium. He's simply not good enough at the moment. The difference was evident when Giroud came on - he was able to hold up the ball and allow our side to push on, creating a couple of chances.

Also, Cazorla was unbelievably poor, but I expect that to be an abberation and not the norm. Just wasn't his day. Thank god Ramsey bailed us out again, as he has done so often. We desperately need him fit for the entire season - even when he's playing **** (like today), he still comes up big when we need him most.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baconbutty)
    No, awful ****ing performance. Tell me you're happy with that I ****ing dare you because I'll promise you now we won't come anywhere ****ing near chelsea and man city this season if we don't develop an actual attacking system. Too reliant on certain players the system is ****ing terrible
    I honestly don't care about the actual game now. We've got the 3 points that's all that matters. It was the first game, we've learn lessons and I think we'll improve.

Drawing conclusions from the first league matches isn't an accurate indicator of where a team is at. Just look at Liverpool last season, They didn't have a 100% start but found their form later on in the season

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom_Ford)
    What system? There is no system. Wenger doesn't do tactics.
    Probably true

ReputationRep:
    Wish Campbell was given a chance tbh :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheInvincibles14)
    Sanchez needs to play closer to the goal, preferably off Giroud when he's fully fit, but that won't be for a while until Theo's fit. He often made poor crosses when out wide and his crossing was poor too. I think he would do well playing next to a target man, especially someone like Giroud who's excellent at bringing others in to play.

Also Sanogo should be sent on loan with Campbell being the back up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lol.

Anyway Ozil and Sanchez should work out ok. Honestly I don't get how Sanchez falls to pieces with his final ball as he does everything else right.

ReputationRep:
    Sanogo getting game time ahead of Campbell is a travesty tbf.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHOO)
    Take nothing away from Palace though - they were frigging brilliant.

To think they were manager-less..

I think most teams would have struggled to break them down
    They were good, but I don't know why we've come to expect nothing less from a bottom feeder travelling to the Emirates. A contained, well organised defense that we've seen a million times before and will see a lot more this season. We were sloppy and slow with our passing, which made it a lot easier for them than it should have been.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    I honestly don't care about the actual game now. We've got the 3 points that's all that matters. It was the first game, we've learn lessons and I think we'll improve.

Drawing conclusions from the first league matches isn't an accurate indicator of where a team is at. Just look at Liverpool last season, They didn't have a 100% start but found their form later on in the season
    It was exactly the same as most of the **** I watched last season. Have we actually improved the first 11 at all? (Id 100% have Walcott over Sanchez on the right as well so much more end product)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)

In fact they did.

They didn't concede a single goal in their first 3 games and won 1-0.

Only bad part was the losses vs Arsenal and Soton as they were very unlucky vs City and could have got a draw vs Chelsea. Although we dominated the first half so deserved to win.

ReputationRep:
    ramsey's positional sense is just :coma:

he has such a knack of being in the right place at the right time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheInvincibles14)
    I think he would do well playing next to a target man, especially someone like Giroud who's excellent at bringing others in to play.

Also Sanogo should be sent on loan with Campbell being the back up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    excellent :rofl: such an overstatement.

a better choice of word would be proficient.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing really to take away from this game. We weren't at our best, but still grabbed the 3 points(against a very organised crystal palace side) Starting the season with a win is the biggest positive.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I really wish we bought Mandzukic tbh, ideal player for our team. Zurich was right on that one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam278)
    In fact they did.

They didn't concede a single goal in their first 3 games and won 1-0.

Only bad part was the losses vs Arsenal and Soton as they were very unlucky vs City and could have got a draw vs Chelsea. Although we dominated the first half so deserved to win.
    I think he's referring to the unconvincing wins up until mid octoberish.. Had they stayed like that they wouldn't have finished second.

They became more lethal and adopted a real good chemistry when Suarez returned and then they were scoring for fun

ReputationRep:
    We were rusty today. Passing was very poor. But we got three points and we move on. Get Ozil and Mert back and get back to match sharpness.

I don't really know how Sanogo has conned his way into being a professional footballer though.

ReputationRep:
    Gotta say Cazorla getting blinded by the ref was hilarious :L Might explain why he didn't perform today XD

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.