Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mitzy09)
    UCL are being quite harsh this year if they didn't let you in with AAA with mitigating circumstances. I insured Warwick and they let me in with AAA:/ Also missed the A* in maths by 1 UMS ..

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Did warwick let you in with AAA because of your mitigating circumstances?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icecreamcake)
    What was your Warwick offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    A*AA

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SheLikeTheMango)
    Did warwick let you in with AAA because of your mitigating circumstances?
    No I didn't have any mitigating circumstances

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No I didn't have any mitigating circumstances

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh right i misread your post, you were probably referring to the guy above?

I think warwick let you in because you were 1 ums off, which is nice of them unlike UCL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SheLikeTheMango)
    Oh right i misread your post, you were probably referring to the guy above?

I think warwick let you in because you were 1 ums off, which is nice of them unlike UCL
    Yh I was referring to the above post.
    Haha but tbf they didn't know I was only 1 UMS off, they let me in anyway (surprising I know) ..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys. Congrats to all those who got into uni (especially the above who missed a* by 1 UMS - lucky)
    How closely do ucl/lse look at AS grades. I got AAAD with a D in biology. I am also doing AS FM next year and if get a A I will have 4 good AS results. Will this hinder my application???

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fha96)
    I just sent them both to increase my chances of getting 1 extra mark. Tbh I thought I would have done worse in C3 and better in C4, I was certain I got at least 94 UMS in C4. Lol if they go up by 5 in one and down by 5 in the other then I'll easily be the unluckiest guy on the planet
    Will your remarks be back in time for UCL to still change their decision? Hope it works out good for you.

ReputationRep:
    I think I messed up my application. I got A*A*B (maths history economics, don't ask about the B in economics!) and I'm going to Cardiff.

Just as time goes on Cardiff's low ranking is really getting to me. Yeah the graduate prospects are great and the research is very good but it doesn't even make the top 10 for overall ranking in economics.

Plus my accommodation looks ****.

I was in adjustment and had offers from some very reputable universities but I turned them all down. Now I just feel like in going to waste three years getting a mediocre degree in shirty accommodation.

Does anyone have any experience with Cardiff business school?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cacra)
    I think I messed up my application. I got A*A*B (maths history economics, don't ask about the B in economics!) and I'm going to Cardiff.

Just as time goes on Cardiff's low ranking is really getting to me. Yeah the graduate prospects are great and the research is very good but it doesn't even make the top 10 for overall ranking in economics.

I was in adjustment and had offers from some very reputable universities but I turned them all down. Now I just feel like in going to waste three years getting a mediocre degree in shirty accommodation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Then why did you turn down the other offers? Which unis?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mike_123)
    Then why did you turn down the other offers? Which unis?
    Durham and Exeter.

I didn't want to worry about sorting accommodation out, in adjustment you aren't guaranteed a place.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cacra)
    Durham and Exeter.

I didn't want to worry about sorting accommodation out, in adjustment you aren't guaranteed a place.
    You dun goofed lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cacra)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Have you got your economics remark back yet? (Sorry for asking lol)

ReputationRep:
    Have you got your economics remark back yet? (Sorry for asking lol)
    Not even sent it off, I'm in no rush.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    You dun goofed lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cacra)
    Not even sent it off, I'm in no rush.
    Oh right, it's just I remember you saying you got an A in economics on the ECON4 thread?

ReputationRep:
    Oh right, it's just I remember you saying you got an A in economics on the ECON4 thread?
    No, Economics was the subject I got a B in. Despite getting almost 100% in the first year.

Still pretty pissed tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cacra)
    Durham and Exeter.

They're not gonna let you live on the streets! Worst thing that could happen is living in private accoms

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mike_123)
    They're not gonna let you live on the streets! Worst thing that could happen is living in private accoms
    Yep, I messed up.

I think Cardiff's economics course ranks about level with Exeter and Durham on the things that matter; graduate prospects, research, ect. but still...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cacra)
    No, Economics was the subject I got a B in. Despite getting almost 100% in the first year.

Still pretty pissed tbh
    What exam board?

Edexcel have messed around with the marking big time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Windies)
    What exam board?

Edexcel have messed around with the marking big time.
    AQA, I got a D in Econ 4...

You getting a remark?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.