The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bude8
Yup, only two ������ have you visited UCL yet?

I'm obviously going to tell you Bath! The placement year and 100% student satisfaction sound too good :tongue:

Do you like London?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fair enough, brave decision! Though I guess if Bath is only place you really want to go then there's no point applying elsewhere. :tongue:

Yeah I went down to UCL in June and really liked it, surprisingly. I thought that coming from a small rural town that London would be a massive culture shock but I think I could cope. :redface: I prefer Bath as a place and university, but UCL's course is probably better suited to what I want to do... :s-smilie:
Original post by drowninginsound
Fair enough, brave decision! Though I guess if Bath is only place you really want to go then there's no point applying elsewhere. :tongue:

Yeah I went down to UCL in June and really liked it, surprisingly. I thought that coming from a small rural town that London would be a massive culture shock but I think I could cope. :redface: I prefer Bath as a place and university, but UCL's course is probably better suited to what I want to do... :s-smilie:

What exactly is it that you want to do? :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are people going to visit all the places they have offers on? I was thinking about just going to my potential firm and insurance, but my friends are going to all of them which just seems a bit much.
Original post by emcat
Are people going to visit all the places they have offers on? I was thinking about just going to my potential firm and insurance, but my friends are going to all of them which just seems a bit much.

I think that's fine, going to 5 seems a bit overkill to me as well. Perhaps look for virtual tours on the university websites?
How's everyone's studies going?I've got to stop procrastinating! :frown:
Original post by Bude8
I think that's fine, going to 5 seems a bit overkill to me as well. Perhaps look for virtual tours on the university websites?

Good shout, I hadn't thought about virtual tours. 5 just seems like a bit of a waste of money when at the end of the day you can only choose to two.
Original post by Bude8
What exactly is it that you want to do? :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not too sure, maybe research in environmental materials chemistry but I don't know yet. (Definitely some sort of research though.) UCL's course is a lot broader and more flexible and I could do Earth Sciences alongside everything else, which I can't do at Bath. :dontknow:
Not too sure, maybe research in environmental materials chemistry but I don't know yet. (Definitely some sort of research though.) UCL's course is a lot broader and more flexible and I could do Earth Sciences alongside everything else, which I can't do at Bath. :dontknow:

There's a research project in the ChemEng course in Bath, industry or abroad that I really like the sound of. Do they not have something similar for Natural Sciences?

I think you should go for the one you think you'd be happier at - but that's probably a hard call to make :lol: but I think London is a bit riskier...
Original post by Bude8
There's a research project in the ChemEng course in Bath, industry or abroad that I really like the sound of. Do they not have something similar for Natural Sciences?

I think you should go for the one you think you'd be happier at - but that's probably a hard call to make :lol: but I think London is a bit riskier...

I applied for the year in industry placement at Bath alongside the Masters (so a 5 year course) which seems pretty cool. As I've said, I'm still completely undecided between the two. :s-smilie:

I honestly don't know where I'd be happier at. I do feel like living in London would be totally crazy though! Though Bath is further form home... (which may actually be a good thing?!) :tongue:

Got an offer from UEA today, was kind of hoping they'd ask for AAA but sadly not the case. :lol:
I applied for the year in industry placement at Bath alongside the Masters (so a 5 year course) which seems pretty cool. As I've said, I'm still completely undecided between the two. :s-smilie:

I honestly don't know where I'd be happier at. I do feel like living in London would be totally crazy though! Though Bath is further form home... (which may actually be a good thing?!) :tongue:

Got an offer from UEA today, was kind of hoping they'd ask for AAA but sadly not the case. :lol:

Are all of your offers going to be A*AA? :lol: Cambridge want A*A*A this year right?

Depends on how much you like living with your parents? Personally, I like being away from them :tongue:
Encourages independence and stuff, innit

Worse comes to worse, flip a coin - and if you were hoping for one side more than the other then that's the one you want to go to

Actually, I wouldn't recommend basing a major life decision on a coin flip :redface:
Reply 3830
Original post by Skill Twix
How's everyone's studies going?I've got to stop procrastinating! :frown:

It's going well for biology. Really struggling with chemistry though, A2 class tests are really difficult !
Original post by Bude8
Are all of your offers going to be A*AA? :lol: Cambridge want A*A*A this year right?

Depends on how much you like living with your parents? Personally, I like being away from them :tongue:
Encourages independence and stuff, innit

Worse comes to worse, flip a coin - and if you were hoping for one side more than the other then that's the one you want to go to

Actually, I wouldn't recommend basing a major life decision on a coin flip :redface:

Cambridge would be A*A*A (though I probably won't get an offer :tongue:) and Durham could even be A*A*AA, though I don't care about Durham anymore.

Haha, no, it'll be good to get away from this tiny little town and live somewhere a bit more exciting! (Half the reason I don't want to go to Durham...) It's just quite tricky to get to Bath, that's all. I don't care how far away I have to go though, I kind of accepted from the start that wherever I end up, it's going to be a trek to get there. :colondollar: How far away do you live from Bath?

Erm, I may not flip a coin... :lol: I may just write up a massive pros and cons list...
Cambridge would be A*A*A (though I probably won't get an offer :tongue:) and Durham could even be A*A*AA, though I don't care about Durham anymore.

Haha, no, it'll be good to get away from this tiny little town and live somewhere a bit more exciting! (Half the reason I don't want to go to Durham...) It's just quite tricky to get to Bath, that's all. I don't care how far away I have to go though, I kind of accepted from the start that wherever I end up, it's going to be a trek to get there. :colondollar: How far away do you live from Bath?

Erm, I may not flip a coin... :lol: I may just write up a massive pros and cons list...

That's what I did :tongue: I live around 2 hours ish from Bath, around 2 hours ish from Cambridge too (by car)
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Bude8
That's what I did :tongue: I live around 2 hours ish from Bath, around 2 hours ish from Cambridge too (by car)

What, flipping a coin or writing a list? :wink: Ahh fair enough. I just live ages from anywhere. :colondollar:
What, flipping a coin or writing a list? :wink: Ahh fair enough. I just live ages from anywhere. :colondollar:

Where? On the rings of Saturn? On a remote island in Scotland? :lol:

Writing a list, but I did it in my head :tongue:

I can write it for you (the list I came up with) if it would help give you some ideas:smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by emcat

Yeah I agree with you and Bude, as long as its not essential and you have your mind firmly set on which Unis you want as firm/insurance I don't really see why, especially if they're really far away! :redface:
Original post by Bude8
Where? On the rings of Saturn? On a remote island in Scotland? :lol:

Writing a list, but I did it in my head :tongue:

I can write it for you (the list I came up with) if it would help give you some ideas:smile:

Hmm, living on Saturn would be fun but highly impractical. :lol: Durham is the nearest decent place and that's just under an hour away... :redface:

That would actually be really helpful, could you pm me the list? :smile:
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1417613814.677089.jpg

The boarding dorms

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anybody by any chance have the OCR A Physics G481: Mechanics paper (or mark scheme) from May 2014? If so, could you please upload it.

Much appreciated. :smile:
Learning to code innit... :cool:

Latest