Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peanutcracker20)
    anyone wanna go through nitrogen cycle and that stuff cannot do it
    This is really good, the last page has a really good summary in form of a table!!

https://a2biology101.files.wordpress...ogen-cycle.pdf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WishIHadRevised)
    Same here for medicine. :P I'm hoping they'll be lenient if I'm 2 UMS off...
    same, on a gap year need an A* (AAAa already achieved)

ReputationRep:
    It does make me feel kind of better that everyone else is cramming too.
    Don't worry guys.
    FIGHT.
    We can do this.
    WE CAN DO THIS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peanutcracker20)
    anyone wanna go through nitrogen cycle and that stuff cannot do it
    Ok

- plants cant use nitrogen gas cos it's unreactive innit
    - nitrogen fixing bacteria convert nitrogen gas to ammonium ions
    - ammonium ions are converted to nitrite ions by nitrosomonas bacteria
    - nitrite is converted to nitrate by nitrobacter bacteria
    - plants take up nitrate to synthesise amino acids and shiz for nucleic acids
    - denitrifying bacteria convert nitrate ions back into nitrogen gas

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by domcandrews)
    Yes very true! Running on about 4 hours sleep over the past 2 days, gonna have to be 0 hours sleep tonight, to try and get some marks tomorrow
    i think its better if you first look at every past papers with essay based questions 8 marks each, write them down in separate paper or print it out and learn them by heart and look at the diagram anotations in the book eg: brain one

http://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/...on/ocr-unit-5/
    this might be helpful too if u r trying to cram everything
    and do try to get some sleep otherwise brain might not function properly tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1296764 guys the condensed note is posted in this room if you havent got them yet. do have a look as it covers everything and is very useful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Riya1)
    i think its better if you first look at every past papers with essay based questions 8 marks each, write them down in separate paper or print it out and learn them by heart and look at the diagram anotations in the book eg: brain one

http://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/...on/ocr-unit-5/
    this might be helpful too if u r trying to cram everything
    and do try to get some sleep otherwise brain might not function properly tomorrow.
    Ok will do that! Thanks, yeah will see how much I get done!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChoccyPhilly)
    This is my last proper exam, so u have nothing to lilolose by doing an all nighter, aside from a place in uni

same here, can make up for sleep lost after the exam lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nadwuar)
    Yeah I use that for inter but if the question asks for different examples of both type of competition what should I use for intra, I don't want to repeat something I would've already mentioned if you know what I mean
    couldn't you just use any species you want since every one will have intraspecific competition?

ReputationRep:
    Name:  screen-shot-2012-05-03-at-7-22-54-pm.png
Views: 96
Size:  341.3 KB

ReputationRep:
    The only thing keeping me motivated is the fact that this is my last exam! Then I'm going on a Netflix marathon...can't wait!

ReputationRep:
    Guys do any of you have any set mark scheme answers if they we're to ask how to use genetic engineering to make golden rice. I've seen the insulin one which is quite lengthy but for golden rice all I can see in the textbook is something to do with phytoene and crtl or whatever

ReputationRep:
    Stages in meiosis I and what happens in each stage
    (Original post by tewas)
    Anybody have any questions they want answered?

ReputationRep:
    I've given up on past papers and am doing a Queen karaoke marathon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by domcandrews)
    Yes very true! Running on about 4 hours sleep over the past 2 days, gonna have to be 0 hours sleep tonight, to try and get some marks tomorrow
    thats just my plan and then will sleep for a day after the exam and do nothing at all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nadwuar)
    Guys do any of you have any set mark scheme answers if they we're to ask how to use genetic engineering to make golden rice. I've seen the insulin one which is quite lengthy but for golden rice all I can see in the textbook is something to do with phytoene and crtl or whatever
    Lemme explain to ya bro. Got no mark scheme fam, sorry yeh

So basically yeah, in rice, beta carotene doesnt accumulate in the endosperm (the part that is eaten)

So what we gotta do is put in some genes to make the metabolic pathway work.

You get a gene from daffodil plants and put in rice genome. When this gene is expressed, it produces dat enzyme called phytoene synthase. This converts phytoene into lycopene

And you get dat gene from soil bacteria and put it in the genome. When this gene is expressed, it produces the crt1 enzyme, which converts lycopene into beta carotene

So now youll have the rice producing beta carotene in the endosperm
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wanna get laid)
    Lemme explain to ya bro. Got no mark scheme fam, sorry yeh

So basically yeah, in rice, beta carotene doesnt accumulate in the endosperm (the part that is eaten)

So what we gotta do is put in some genes to make the metabolic pathway work.

You get a gene from daffodil plants and put in rice genome. When this gene is expressed, it produces dat enzyme called phytoene synthase. This converts phytoene into lycopene

And you get dat gene from soil bacteria and put it in the genome. When this gene is expressed, it produces the crt1 enzyme, which converts lycopene into beta carotene

So now youll have the rice producing beta carotene in the endosperm
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Safe blud, mans just trynna get an A outchea u get me fam?

ReputationRep:
    Why is batch culture more suitable for producing secondary metabolites and not primary?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Lost my notes for Plant Responses

Could anyone go over the role of auxins in phototropism and how they promote the loosening of the cell wall?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ned Stark)
    Dude it's not worth it, you'll do better with a night's rest.
    i dont want to fail came this far

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.