Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hixy)
    What was the buffer pH? Really confused me, I don't think the acid was in excess?
    Acid didn't react. You was adding salt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GetOverHere)
    Kaacidoversalt
    This word confused me for a second...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smileez_101)
    do you think that working out conc of both acid and the salt would be 2/4 marks or 1?
    You was given the conc - I'm assuming you mean moles. I'd like to think you'd get 2/4 but you never know.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I can kiss goodbye to getting an A... and then say hello to my A*, seriously that paper was a breeze!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nimoooooooo)
    What was the ph of buffer solution and how did you calculate it?
    i calculate the concentration of acid and salt in the buffer using n=cv, then use Ka to find H+(aq) and pH. got 3.43 i think.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GillyTheGhillie)
    Well, I can kiss goodbye to getting an A... and then say hello to my A*, seriously that paper was a breeze!
    no

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smileez_101)
    That question on oxidising and reducing agent was 6 marks and I def got that reducing equation wrong because I said it would react with 3 - 6 redox systems instead of just one.
    How many marks do people think thats worth?
    I reckon 2 marks for explaining what is meant by oxidising/reducing agents. Then another 2 marks for how Cr3+ it acts as a oxidising agent and then another 2 marks for it as a reducing so you probably lost 2 marks max

(don't worry I did the same)

ReputationRep:
    Too funny 😂😂😂😂😂 oh god!

ReputationRep:
    What was the answer to the very first question when you add ammonia to CuSO4 or something

ReputationRep:
    Yh I got Sth like that as well I know it was 3. Something I don't remember more!
    (Original post by lai812matthew)
    i calculate the concentration of acid and salt in the buffer using n=cv, then use Ka to find H+(aq) and pH. got 3.43 i think.....

ReputationRep:
    Well, you should have revised then, everyone I have spoken to has said that it was an easy paper.
    Don't be so rude! You don't know how much revision they did.

ReputationRep:
    Cu(nh3)4(h2o)2
    (Original post by nicoleemmak)
    What was the answer to the very first question when you add ammonia to CuSO4 or something

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tcameron)
    That paper made me cry.
    Have no idea if I did well but I feel my chances of uni are blown
    Hahahaha asif I thought I'd aim for A* at the beginning of A2
    I'm in exactly the same boat, I didn't answer the last 4 pages as I ran out of time, and everyone is saying it was easy but I found it awfully hard and not like anything that I have seen before

ReputationRep:
    Witha 2+ charge btw
    Cu(nh3)4(h2o)2

ReputationRep:
    Cu(nh3)4(h2o)2
    Where does the H2O come from?

What was the first equation involving iodine and water(?) or oxygen (?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nicoleemmak)
    Where does the H2O come from?
    It's in aqueous solution so it is in water, this is the typical complex ion for when you add ammonia

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrZebraCookie)
    What was the first equation involving iodine and water(?) or oxygen (?)
    I think there was one with Iodine and Hydrogen Peroxide, which was I2 + H2O2 -> I2O+H2O

ReputationRep:
    Clearly not much if EVERYONE I have spoken to, including people who have done pretty much no revision, has said that it was probably the easiest paper they've ever done.
    OPEN YOUR EYES AND READ. There are people on here who found it hard so don't be such a b****.

ReputationRep:
    Overall the exam went okay I think, I messed up and didn't leave myself enough time for the 5 marker at the end and I also didn't have time to come back to the Q which asked me to come up with a reaction mechanism. I'm really kicking myself over those two things, but apart from that the exam went well I think.

How did everyone else find the exam?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.