The Manchester United Thread XX

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    Martial still a poor man's Dembele

ReputationRep:
    That was a ****ing disgrace. I can't see how we finish above City, Arsenal, Liverpool or Spurs.

Will let De Gea off for the mistake as he's won us so many points over the years, but this team just isn't working. Dread to think what Liverpool will do to us..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    That was a ****ing disgrace. I can't see how we finish above City, Arsenal, Liverpool or Spurs.

Will let De Gea off for the mistake as he's won us so many points over the years, but this team just isn't working. Dread to think what Liverpool will do to us..
    Problem is you are still conceding dumb goals...

1-0 should be enough to win at home if you can defend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)

You'll turn up against us, although we'll turn up too. You have better players but we have significantly better chemistry, so although you might get individual brilliance, we're probably the more reliable side.

I think it'll come down to whether or not we go full-retard at set pieces.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fizzel)
    Meh. Half time and full time, first thing the commentators talk about is Grant. This formation and selection still gets us the best football. Just poor finishing today, game should have been finished at half time. Not a bad game but bad in the context of losing to Watford and co.

I am a little annoyed about Jose not liking Morgan. Feel like shutting down second half game was one of the main things I expected of Jose.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah it's not like you lot played poorly, if you weren't creating chances and leaking chances left right and centre then I'd be more disappointed as a United fan. I think you lot trying to break down teams who defend deep is a big problem, you left yourselves open to a lot of counters and in all honesty a more technical team on the counter would have probably created loads of chances. Regardless another day of the week with a similar game and you'd have won 3-0.

Carrick should be playing more too. Reckon he'll hurt teams like stoke more. If Shaw was fit I'd play Blind alongside Pogba in general matches. Pogba probably wants to be freed up more and use his creativity high up the pitch without leaving the second midfielder dead to do the defensive work of two people.

Formation for using Pogba's pretty obvious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James.Carnell)
    Problem is you are still conceding dumb goals...

1-0 should be enough to win at home if you can defend.
    There are huge gaps in midfield constantly, that chance that Cameron had comes to mind. In defence I think Bailly is a very good signing but we need someone to play alongside him as well as a replacement for Valencia.

I don't understand why Schneiderlin doesn't even make the squad, he should be playing behind Pogba & Herrera/Mata.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    They're just practicing for when they come to Anfield.

Realistically, how else are they gonna beat us if it isn't hopeful long balls or set pieces?
    The thing is with you guys that's probably the way everyone should just play against you...

ReputationRep:
    I know Ibrahimovic isn't the most clinical striker in the world in terms of shots per goal but I can't imagine he was this wasteful at PSG.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah we're gonna get battered by Liverpool. If we're gonna lose to the big sides we need to be flat track bullies, and losing to dropping points to lower sides isn't great news.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    United are pretty much an abusive ex nowadays tbh. One game that harks back to the SAF days followed by another 5 abysmal performances, with just enough to keep you sticking around.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bammy jastard 27)
    The thing is with you guys that's probably the way everyone should just play against you...
    Oh yeah for sure.
    It's boring and dull but at the end of the day it's all about the points.

Mourinho is the kind of guy that would absolutely park the bus and play for set pieces if he thought that would give him the best chance of beating us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    There are huge gaps in midfield constantly, that chance that Cameron had comes to mind. In defence I think Bailly is a very good signing but we need someone to play alongside him as well as a replacement for Valencia.

I don't understand why Schneiderlin doesn't even make the squad, he should be playing behind Pogba & Herrera/Mata.
    I don't understand why you don't play Schweinsteiger either. He can't be that bad if you play him in Pirlo's role for Juve. The fact that Rooney plays ruins the whole dynamic of the team. And the team is the most important thing, not stars.

Pogba should be played in an advanced position. A Schneiderlin and Schweinsteiger holding pair would be solid enough for the vast majority of teams in the league. And Pogba can help track back if they get overrun.

ReputationRep:
    Ffs we should have beaten Stoke and we would have gone 3 behind City. Makes the draw even more ****ing annoying.

Despite the draw, we played really well. It was a good game of football from our side and if we scored our chances we created, it could have been similiar to the Leicester game. Huge game after the international break against Liverpool at Anfield.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Man City struggling when they get highly pressured.

Wish we played a high pressing game like Tottenham/Liverpool would have suited Utd after the SAF era.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trapking)
    Man City struggling when they get highly pressured.

Wish we played a high pressing game like Tottenham/Liverpool would suit Utd!
    No it wouldn't - it wouldn't suit the work rate of your players and it wouldn't suit the type of manager Mourinho is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    No it wouldn't - it wouldn't suit the work rate of your players and it wouldn't suit the type of manager Mourinho is.
    Ik I should have rephrased that I just meant in general i wish this was the style of football we adopted after the SAF era. In my opinion its pretty much the best way to play deadly attacking football especially when done well as a team.

In our current team with players like Rooney, Fellaini, Smalling, Blind we can't play like that for long sustained periods :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    You are the worst type of gloryhunter!
    Describe the different types of glory hunters and give examples of posters. (4 marks)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)
    Describe the different types of glory hunters and give examples of posters. (4 marks)
    1. Glory hunters that will now always support the team no matter what - me

2. Glory hunters that will always support but only show real interest when we do well - not sure really, MU maybe

3. Glory hunters that keep getting dragged back in with occasional sparks - FK!

4. Glory hunters that jump ship as soon as things turn bad - Eb

JK Eb, I think he still supports United

ReputationRep:
    **** sake.

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe the midfield pairings Mourinho has used so far. Never has he ever gone with two attack-minded midfielders in the pairing, but he's done it in every league match so far this season. The reason for this was Rooney needing to start, but now that he's been dropped, there's absolutely no reason for Pogba to be starting in the midfield two. Push him forward ffs.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 9, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Football articles

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.