Turn on thread page Beta

The Playstation 3 Society III watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    I like rally. What don't you get? It's like driving on snow, don't accelerate so hard, avoid oversteer...
    I can't seem to control sliding round corners. I get massive oversteer in pretty much any car in a rally event. And because of the oversteer, the car slows right down almost to a crawl and it just feels like there's no power in the wheels at all.

Just got gold in IA-10. The Lambo Gallardo in that challenge is phenomenal. You can throw it about any which way and still somehow keep grip.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Roobsa)
    I can't seem to control sliding round corners. I get massive oversteer in pretty much any car in a rally event. And because of the oversteer, the car slows right down almost to a crawl and it just feels like there's no power in the wheels at all.

Just got gold in IA-10. The Lambo Gallardo in that challenge is phenomenal. You can throw it about any which way and still somehow keep grip.
    The Lambo Super Veloce on IA5 is amazing. :coma: And the black Nissan GT-R on (I think) IB1. :coma:

ReputationRep:
    Automatic. :teehee:
    Wow I thought it would've been impossible to get Golds with auto. I'm going to try your way out, as I just don't get the control I want from using the X button, it's too much like an on off switch.

Man I'm rusty after not gaming for years!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by The Stig)
    Wow I thought it would've been impossible to get Golds with auto. I'm going to try your way out, as I just don't get the control I want from using the X button, it's too much like an on off switch.

Man I'm rusty after not gaming for years!
    The absolute pros use manual, you'll see a lot of online time trial times are manual (it was the case in GT5 Prologue, probably the same in GT5).

It is totally possible with automatic, just a bit of skill required.

ReputationRep:
    The absolute pros use manual, you'll see a lot of online time trial times are manual (it was the case in GT5 Prologue, probably the same in GT5).

It is totally possible with automatic, just a bit of skill required.
    Yes we do. :cool:

Oohhh, capture card... I always relate Hauppauge to some sort of TV signal receiver for the computer. :proud:

What do you plan to record?

Multiplayer gameplays with friends. Trying to weigh up the benefits as it takes some time investment to record and then upload to YouTube.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)

Multiplayer gameplays with friends. Trying to weigh up the benefits as it takes some time investment to record and then upload to YouTube.
    You're a law student, right?

Could you explain this to me; in a case in LA about hacking video games consoles, of all the jurors only very few say they have played video games. However, one person was dismissed because he said he "enjoyed tinkering with computers". Assuming this is why he was dismissed, by discriminating against those with knowledge to judge and actively selecting those who don't know anything about the subject aren't you just consigning the case to whichever side has the best lawyers and so can convince the panel (which in this case would be any software/hardware company against some two-bit hacker)?

Doesn't seem very fair, although I might have the wrong end of the stick.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jermaindefoe)
    good news
    I dunno, half of their employees left so it remains to be seen if they can make a decent game. I just hope they keep it simple ffs!

I'm completely stuck on IA-7. I hate rally driving in this game because I just don't get it.

Edit: OK, I don't know what just happened but a scraped a gold by 0.2 seconds despite being well over a second slower than gold time for about 20 minutes.
    Have some traction control and the option below that (can't remember what it's called for the life of me :sigh:)...it's so easy. I managed all the Sebastien Loeb challenges and got gold first time

(Original post by Phalanges)

Could you explain this to me; in a case in LA about hacking video games consoles, of all the jurors only very few say they have played video games. However, one person was dismissed because he said he "enjoyed tinkering with computers". Assuming this is why he was dismissed, by discriminating against those with knowledge to judge and actively selecting those who don't know anything about the subject aren't you just consigning the case to whichever side has the best lawyers and so can convince the panel (which in this case would be any software/hardware company against some two-bit hacker)?

A very different jurisdiction, view on certain matters and method of doing things.

I'd imagine they took his "tinkering" as something (possibly) illegal. Even though you have ethical hacking which is completely legal, I guess 'tinkering with computers' is synonymous with the umbrella term of 'hacker'. I guess they want a jury who know nothing about the subject or have an opinion on it. A bit OJ Simpson, they would look for jurors who had never heard of him. They look for people who can be partial or who can fairly judge the defendant.

Basically, I don't know that much with regards to their methods and inner workings to give a proper answer. U.S. law enjoys tinkering with itself and when it comes to piracy, video games, censorship, modding...it's a muddy area as the law is still developing. If a juror says he enjoys tinkering with computers in a hacking video games consoles case, they probably see red lights. Wonder if there are any cases like that in Scotland or England. And yeah, it is unfair but if you make exceptions to the rule (whatever this rule may be) then you would have to do that with every case - essentially ending up with like cases some of which have a knowledgeable jurors and others that don't.

EDIT: Although 'criminally speaking' we have here (in our jurisdiction - Scotland, not sure about England) with the presumption of innocence (so a case starts with the presumption that the defendant is innocent) and 'beyond all reasonable doubt' where the prosecution (video game company) would have to establish beyond all reasonable doubt and if some remained, he would probably be found not guilty.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    Have some traction control and the option below that (can't remember what it's called for the life of me :sigh:)...it's so easy. I managed all the Sebastien Loeb challenges and got gold first time
    Smug *******! I'm having real difficulty with any rally stage that isn't on snow.

ReputationRep:
    Alright, so I fiiiiinaly got gold in all Loeb challenges. The Toscana event in the Grand Tour is a ***** though!

ReputationRep:
    I found the rally challenges the easiest to gold by a mile tbh...

The nurgbrugring ones are a B&*%...

I can get Silver on them but not gold. Haven't tried in a week or so but i did get 3 attempts in a row within a second of the gold time but like .9, .7 and .6 up on it....
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Another GT5 patch incoming soon. Worth a read. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Another GT5 patch incoming soon. Worth a read. :yep:
    I like the idea of a free roam aspect in the game. I genuinely would be content driving around an open world environment aimlessly.

ReputationRep:
    Can you play splitscreen in GT5? And if you can, is every car unlocked or do you need to play through the carreer to use them?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by kuks)
    Can you play splitscreen in GT5? And if you can, is every car unlocked or do you need to play through the carreer to use them?
    AFAIK, you can, not sure about the cars though, probably whats in the host's garage?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phalanges)

American law is totally different to British law, first of all litigation proceedings there are much easier to bring than they are here in the UK, in the States you could sue your barber for not giving you a proper haircut, you could get let off for murder or have the charge reduced to something else by claiming you heard voices from God or voices in your head that gave you instructions etc. Its absurd and funny :facepalm:

They work differently across the pond. In regards to the jury, I read somewhere that they are allowed basic knowledge about the current case and if they have more knowledge than the average person as in this case a game player then perhaps they might not give a fair verdict or it might hinder their ability, whereas they have to be totally impartial, whether they are or not is another matter, but thats the focus of it, so a fair trial can be held. Sorry for the mumble jumble hope I made sense there

(Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    ................................ .......

Yes, its the same in England and Wales your innocent till proven guilty.

ReputationRep:
    I like the idea of a free roam aspect in the game. I genuinely would be content driving around an open world environment aimlessly.
    That would've been totally awesome!

I guess we're going to have to wait another five years for the next GT to play that
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    That was on an earlier Need for Speed, drive to like mod shops and stuff and actual races.

For GT5, it would be cool to be able to drive to car garages and walk around the show room etc and actually buy a car. :p:

ReputationRep:
    That was on an earlier Need for Speed, drive to like mod shops and stuff and actual races.

For GT5, it would be cool to be able to drive to car garages and walk around the show room etc and actually buy a car. :p:
    Was it not in Burnout on PS3 too?

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.