Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy_jucie)
    Nervous for tomorrow now. Done all washing, kids clothes ironed for the week, all of mine and other halfs, all my files getting sorted tonight and bag ready for tomorrow. Trying to stay mega organised as I have two children under 4 so I can't do any after school work untill 7pm so I imagin I'll be working most nights untill 10pm, Aslong as I have Friday night and Saturday with my kids I'll work till 2am if that's what it takes through the week!!! Eeek
    Good luck! I know how you feel, I have four kids! Lots of organisation and we will be ok.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I was soooo nervous before I started last Tues, so you have my sympathy all those who are nervously awaiting tomorrow! However, after Wed Thur & Fri in last week I can honestly say that I'm so much more at ease already (about all aspects of the course)! All my fellow AT's are lovely and the tutors are great, really reassuring and helpful. Can't wait to get back in tomorrow now, much more excited for these sessions than I ever was for my under grad lectures! totally different experience!

Good luck to everyone starting tomorrow, you will be absolutely fine, relax and enjoy it

ReputationRep:
    I survived day 1! Like you guys im so much more excited about these lectures than anything i took at undergraduate level, i cant wait for it to continue
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chantaltyler)
    I survived day 1! Like you guys im so much more excited about these lectures than anything i took at undergraduate level, i cant wait for it to continue
    I survived too! Yay for survival! I really enjoyed today (even though I didn't really talk to anyone) and I'm hoping subject specific stuff that comes tomorrow will be interesting too

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I survived day one of preliminary experience at a primary. Totally exhausted but it was an entertaining and interesting day!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ParadoxSocks)
    I survived too! Yay for survival! I really enjoyed today (even though I didn't really talk to anyone) and I'm hoping subject specific stuff that comes tomorrow will be interesting too

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ohhhh we don't have much on tomorrow, just IT stuff and registration , but we have subject audits to be completing (y) .

ReputationRep:
    First day over... I always hate first days in something completely new!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diamondsky89)
    First day over... I always hate first days in something completely new!!
    How did you get on?

ReputationRep:
    I start on the 22nd Sept, very excited and a bit nervous. Timetables are not out yet, so don't know what to expect. Have loved reading everybody's posts, who have already started, to get a bit of an insight
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I made friends today! I'm really enjoying uni. It's crazy that we're already discussing actual content which is a bit crazy.

I've had my placement information and I'm at a Catholic academy!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ParadoxSocks)
    I made friends today! I'm really enjoying uni. It's crazy that we're already discussing actual content which is a bit crazy.

I've had my placement information and I'm at a Catholic academy!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    YAY! I've made friends too like you I am really enjoying uni. However I wont find out my placement for about another 3 weeks. I want to know nowwwww!!! haha...

ReputationRep:
    It's been a long day today but it seemed to go by so fast! Although we already have a fair bit of reading and work to think about, I'm loving this course so far!

ReputationRep:
    I started school direct on 1st sept and as a career changer it's been brilliant! Taught my first full lesson today which was great and really made me feel like I could do it. I'm starting formal observations next week. To those starting this / next week you'll be fine once you get going I'm sure!!

ReputationRep:
    Had a bit of a tough day today...nothing course related, just little annoyances throughout that, on top of a day of tutorials and lectures, has made me feel a bit drained.

I'm starting to realise the amount of work I'm going to have this year (talking about assignments already!) but luckily I feel on top of it all at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Esmeralda4)
    Had a bit of a tough day today...nothing course related, just little annoyances throughout that, on top of a day of tutorials and lectures, has made me feel a bit drained.

I'm starting to realise the amount of work I'm going to have this year (talking about assignments already!) but luckily I feel on top of it all at the moment.
    It always seems like a lot at first as you hear about everything you have to do, but once you get doing it it's not so bad!

Hugs for today, hope tomorrow is happier

xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpwxx)
    It always seems like a lot at first as you hear about everything you have to do, but once you get doing it it's not so bad!

Hugs for today, hope tomorrow is happier

xxx
    Thank you! I'm hoping so - right now I'm loving the course but it's definitely been a bit of information overload.

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,
    To those already on the course, how does the reference system work for PGCE entry? Do you put in referee details on UCAS system and UCAS contact referees or do you provide written references at interview. It would be great if someone who has experience of this could get back to me as I am not sure when contacting lecturers or finalising placement at a primary school, should I be asking for a written reference or contact details?
    Thanks,
    Lily

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilymc)
    Hi all,
    To those already on the course, how does the reference system work for PGCE entry? Do you put in referee details on UCAS system and UCAS contact referees or do you provide written references at interview. It would be great if someone who has experience of this could get back to me as I am not sure when contacting lecturers or finalising placement at a primary school, should I be asking for a written reference or contact details?
    Thanks,
    Lily
    UCAS contact them so you will need details. :-)

My uni also requested a letter from a school I had experience with, and another in applied to accepted a written reference as well as the UCAS ones...that all depends on the institution though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Esmeralda4)
    UCAS contact them so you will need details. :-)

My uni also requested a letter from a school I had experience with, and another in applied to accepted a written reference as well as the UCAS ones...that all depends on the institution though.
    Did the Universities actually request written references? Or would contact details through UCAS be sufficient? I think I read one of the universities required a reference to prove you did your voluntary work in a primary school so I guess I need this for sure but in terms of academic reference from university tutor would it just be contact details to put into UCAS?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilymc)
    Did the Universities actually request written references? Or would contact details through UCAS be sufficient? I think I read one of the universities required a reference to prove you did your voluntary work in a primary school so I guess I need this for sure but in terms of academic reference from university tutor would it just be contact details to put into UCAS?
    For the initial application, UCAS contact details are all you need. I contacted a uni to ask if I could send a written as well but that is at the discretion of the uni.

For my uni, Derby, I was asked to bring a letter from the school when invited to interview. It's worth getting a letter from the class teacher if you're not going to be there later, just in case.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.