Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boy_wonder_95)
    Same as you, although I'm gonna wait until I hear back from all my options first :P
    Fair enough Where are you still waiting to hear from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Giant)
    Fair enough Where are you still waiting to hear from?
    Just UCL & Warwick

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gracelich)
    How many weeks were you into your 4 week email? Sorry about the rejection

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I got a 2 and then a 7 week email. I was 6 weeks into the 7 week "considered further" email. Thank you for you condolences although I'm still quite proud to have survived the Friday before Xmas and got this far. Best of luck to you!

ReputationRep:
    Most of us have actually gotten our offers long ago. You could be part of the gathered field. All the best!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LittleRedDot)
    Most of us have actually gotten our offers long ago. You could be part of the gathered field. All the best!
    A gathered field for what?

ReputationRep:
    Still waiting for a decision from LSE regarding international relations. Has anyone else got an offer for it or been rejected?

They said they'd get back to me by yesterday (judging from the in 5 weeks etc emails, yes I included the time for the christmas break) but haven't, so not sure when I'll hear from them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EJE.)
    Still waiting for a decision from LSE regarding international relations. Has anyone else got an offer for it or been rejected?

They said they'd get back to me by yesterday (judging from the in 5 weeks etc emails, yes I included the time for the christmas break) but haven't, so not sure when I'll hear from them.
    Hey no offer here, but have had the 2 & 5 week emails. 5 week email was on 28th of October. Anyway I think literally just one person has had an offer, but a fair few have been rejected (on this thread and another one) so your chances are good. I was told on the phone that id hear this week but nothing. Then again it is LSE so we've just got to wait it out. Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    To anyone who has had either an offer or a rejection... what is the wording of the emails just so those who haven't had a final decision yet have an idea of what to expect?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CaptainJaneway)
    To anyone who has had either an offer or a rejection... what is the wording of the emails just so those who haven't had a final decision yet have an idea of what to expect?
    Thanks
    It's possible that different subjects will have their own version but this is what Economics applicants are sent:

Spoiler:
    Show

UCAS Personal ID Number: xxx
    Please quote this number on all future correspondence.
    Programme: L101

(Insert date here)

Dear NedStark,

I am pleased to tell you that our Admissions Selector has decided to offer you a place to study BSc in Economics at LSE!

You will find confirmation on UCAS Track, and full details of your offer will be provided in your undergraduate offer pack, which contains both your offer letter and the Undergraduate Offer Holders Guide. You will receive your pack in the post in a few weeks' time. It is important that you read your offer letter and offer guide, as they contain important information about your offer and our regulations.

In the meantime, you can visit our Information for Offer Holders website at http://www.lse.ac.uk/ugOfferHolder.

The offer holders' section of our website contains useful information including links to the Fees, Accommodation, and Disabilities Offices, as well as a Frequently Asked Question section which you may find helpful.

Let me be the first to congratulate you on your offer to study at LSE. I do hope you'll make us your firm choice. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch by contacting Umi Chilemba in the Undergraduate Admissions Office using our webform at www.lse.ac.uk/ugContact, or on +44 (0)20 7955 7125.

With best wishes,

Umi Chilemba
    UG Admissions Assessor
    BSc in Economics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NedStark)
    It's possible that different subjects will have their own version but this is what Economics applicants are sent:

Spoiler:
    Show

(Insert date here)

Dear NedStark,

I am pleased to tell you that our Admissions Selector has decided to offer you a place to study BSc in Economics at LSE!

You will find confirmation on UCAS Track, and full details of your offer will be provided in your undergraduate offer pack, which contains both your offer letter and the Undergraduate Offer Holders Guide. You will receive your pack in the post in a few weeks' time. It is important that you read your offer letter and offer guide, as they contain important information about your offer and our regulations.

In the meantime, you can visit our Information for Offer Holders website at http://www.lse.ac.uk/ugOfferHolder.

The offer holders' section of our website contains useful information including links to the Fees, Accommodation, and Disabilities Offices, as well as a Frequently Asked Question section which you may find helpful.

Let me be the first to congratulate you on your offer to study at LSE. I do hope you'll make us your firm choice. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch by contacting Umi Chilemba in the Undergraduate Admissions Office using our webform at www.lse.ac.uk/ugContact, or on +44 (0)20 7955 7125.

With best wishes,

Umi Chilemba
    UG Admissions Assessor
    BSc in Economics
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:

Spoiler:
    Show

(Insert date here)

Dear NedStark,

With best wishes,

Umi Chilemba
    UG Admissions Assessor
    BSc in Economics
    Congrats on your offer!
    I am wondering what came first for your offer? the email from LSE or the UCAS notification?

Still waiting for decision here, want to be prepared a bit when the decision comes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sonali05)
    Hehe for bath I think I applied for politics and internatonal relations. Which uni is like your first choice? I'm not sure between LSE or KCL- haven't heard from them yet but if ever I get offers from both ( fingers crossed) I don't know which one to firm!
    Cool, are you going to a Bath open day?

My first choice now is LSE, but it's just because of the name and prestige. Personally I think I would prefer the KCL course over the LSE one I applied for (here's to hoping universities don't actually check these forums ). They're both in London, which is one of the things I'm looking for, but if I get offers from both, I'll firm LSE and put either Bath or KCL as insurance.

Getting offers from the rest of the unis is one story altogether though! Choosing which, is another one I think. Haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by di_1996)
    Congrats on your offer!
    I am wondering what came first for your offer? the email from LSE or the UCAS notification?

Still waiting for decision here, want to be prepared a bit when the decision comes.
    Thanks! When I received the offer, LSE's email arrived at 10:31 am followed by the UCAS email at 10:45 am.

Good luck with LSE, which course did you apply for?

ReputationRep:
    A bit late telling you guys but i got a offer for BSc Government on the 5th of Dec.
    Grades arent outstanding at all...put a lot of effort into my PS....LSE emphasises on the PS

ReputationRep:

Spoiler:
    Show

(Insert date here)

Dear NedStark,

With best wishes,

Umi Chilemba
    UG Admissions Assessor
    BSc in Economics
    Dear NedStark loooL .What other unis have you applied to? Are you firming LSE?
    The format of the enail was similar for me too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JackoRead)
    A bit late telling you guys but i got a offer for BSc Government on the 5th of Dec.
    Grades arent outstanding at all...put a lot of effort into my PS....LSE emphasises on the PS
    Congratulations , nice job. I didnt have good grades either: ABBB.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arminb)
    Dear NedStark loooL .What other unis have you applied to? Are you firming LSE?
    The format of the enail was similar for me too.
    Cambridge, Warwick, UCL, Bristol. I've only got an offer from LSE and Bristol so far. Given my recent interview at Cambridge I feel a rejection coming so it's 90% likely that I will be firming LSE.

Are you firming LSE too?

ReputationRep:
    Cambridge, Warwick, UCL, Bristol. I've only got an offer from LSE and Bristol so far. Given my recent interview at Cambridge I feel a rejection coming so it's 90% likely that I will be firming LSE.

Are you firming LSE too?
    Yea. After my rejection from Oxford. Ive already firmed it. How come you still haven't got a decision from Cam?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arminb)
    Yea. After my rejection from Oxford. Ive already firmed it. How come you still haven't got a decision from Cam?
    I was placed in the winter pool and invited for a second interview this week. I'll learn the outcome some time next week.

ReputationRep:
    I was placed in the winter pool and invited for a second interview this week. I'll learn the outcome some time next week.
    Best of luck man. I think you stand a very good chance if you've been pooled. If not, Cambridge isn't much better than LSE .

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.