Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zogs)
    Thanks, I'll try to pretend to myself I'm just chatting with friends, and hopefully I will chat more. Actually I'm just going to convince myself n the mean time that my application form was so good that I won't even need an interview. They'll just send an offer through.

I just got a phone call to tell me that I got a School Direct salaried role at an amazing school near me! Soooooo chuffed! So there is hope for us 'oldies' yet!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bellylaugh)
    I just got a phone call to tell me that I got a School Direct salaried role at an amazing school near me! Soooooo chuffed! So there is hope for us 'oldies' yet!
    I hope so! Another 'oldie' waiting for School Direct news and getting less confident with each passing day....

And well done!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bittersweet16)
    Ahhhh I've just been given an offer from London Met after being rejected by Canterbury!!!

Does anyone know anything about funding/bursaries for a PGCE in Citizenship?
    No bursary but you're entitled to the full student loans/grants.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jeffercake)
    I hope so! Another 'oldie' waiting for School Direct news and getting less confident with each passing day....

And well done!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah thanks, and best of luck too! It's horrible waiting to hear back isn't it? I only had to wait one day but I was refreshing Track every few minutes! Track still hasn't updated though so I've not officially been able to accept the offer.

ReputationRep:
    Well done! Feels great dosnt it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy_jucie)
    Well done! Feels great dosnt it
    It sure does! Well done to you too....roll on September now

ReputationRep:
    Passed my literacy skills test today! So glad, I've given myself till January for numeracy so I can refresh my memory on maths lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fabay)
    Passed my literacy skills test today! So glad, I've given myself till January for numeracy so I can refresh my memory on maths lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well done you!

ReputationRep:
    Got accepted at Winchester!! Yayyyyyyy.

And an interview at Portsmouth SCITT.

ReputationRep:
    Well done you!
    Thank you!! One thing off my to-do list

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Had first interview yesterday at University of Nottingham for Secondary History. Think it went okay...just difficult when interviewers are stone cold faced throughout. Not sure if that's good or bad haha.

Anyone else feel low/down a few hours after their interview? I felt emotionally, mentally drained and didn't know what to do!

ReputationRep:
    Hi all. In your applications, did you enter the details of your school and college or just the qualifications obtained?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andrew240)
    Had first interview yesterday at University of Nottingham for Secondary History. Think it went okay...just difficult when interviewers are stone cold faced throughout. Not sure if that's good or bad haha.

Anyone else feel low/down a few hours after their interview? I felt emotionally, mentally drained and didn't know what to do!
    I had the same thing yesterday. One of the interviewers didn't crack a smile the whole day and I was convinced he wasn't impressed with me at all...and then today I got an offer! I guess some people don't give a lot away, but that doesn't mean they're not impressed with you, they're probably like that will all the applicants. Did they give you an indication of when you're likely to hear back?

ReputationRep:
    I had the same thing yesterday. One of the interviewers didn't crack a smile the whole day and I was convinced he wasn't impressed with me at all...and then today I got an offer! I guess some people don't give a lot away, but that doesn't mean they're not impressed with you, they're probably like that will all the applicants. Did they give you an indication of when you're likely to hear back?
    Well done!! Within the week...trying not to think about it because I get frustrated with myself about 'what I could have done better' haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sara Jayne)
    Hi, I haven't even been offered an interview from BGU yet.. I didn't send my application off until the 5th December, was hoping I would have heard from them by now though. Are you applying for secondary or primary? The waiting to hear is the worst part isn't it!!!
    Oh I see-hope you get your interview! I've applied for lower primary, seriously have been checking my track every hour in work today hoping they would have made their decision but they haven't. let me know if you get an interview I can give you a heads up on how the day went for me

ReputationRep:
    It sure does! Well done to you too....roll on September now
    Have u done skills test? And how old are you lol I'm a mature student too

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer from King's! Really shocked as I had thought that interview went pretty badly.
    Just waiting to hear the decision from my final uni now (interview seemed to go very well, fingers crossed) then I need to make a decision! So chuffed to be in this position

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy_jucie)
    Have u done skills test? And how old are you lol I'm a mature student too
    Yep done both my skills tests and I'm a sprightly 38! Although I'm convinced I still look 28!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magic_box)
    Got an offer from King's! Really shocked as I had thought that interview went pretty badly.
    Just waiting to hear the decision from my final uni now (interview seemed to go very well, fingers crossed) then I need to make a decision! So chuffed to be in this position
    Well done! Does that mean you have two offers already? How lucky to be in that position and get to choose your favourite!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andrew240)

Yep that's me right now! Keep thinking if everything I said that was wrong and you feel totally drained. I haven't been able to relax yet, I still feel on edge!

Btw, how many people have been in your groups at interview everyone? There was only three people there today, including me! I was expecting maybe about ten.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.