Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jaska)
    wow so just having a levels is nowhere near enough if they want 750 ucas :[
    Yes, I think you can rack up quite a few points with 4 A star predictions for A level. I would have thought that a 560 UCAS tariff with a high UKCAT would be good enough for an interview at Barts. I wouldn't necessarily say that they expect a 750 from everyone - that's rather outrageous!

ReputationRep:
    I'm predicted 42 points in the IB, and wont have any grades when i apply ( how the IB works, you just dont do exams until end of year 13) , what would i need to get in UKCAT??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NancyRoseC)
    I'm predicted 42 points in the IB, and wont have any grades when i apply ( how the IB works, you just dont do exams until end of year 13) , what would i need to get in UKCAT??
    Yeah as far as I know (IB graduate) you go on UCAS to the tariff tables and they award points for a score/predicted score- http://www.ucas.com/sites/default/fi...f-tables_3.pdf

So, you would have 654 with additional points for the EE (no TOK). Someone please correct me if I'm wrong with these, I'm also a bit confused.

However, keep in mind that you will be disadvantaged over us, IB graduates, who actually received these tariff points :/

+ their system is weird.

ReputationRep:
    I have looked at the website regarding the tariff points.
    I am a bit confused how St Barts use the tariff points
    Do they use predicted grades or achieved grades for the tariff?

Can someone help me to see if I have done it correctly?
    I achieved AAABB in AS (B in General Studies)
    Predicted grades A*AAB in A2 and will do EPQ predicted A
    FSMQ grade A
    Music grade 8 pass

Predicted A*AAB=480
    B in general studies AS=50
    Predicted a in EPQ =60
    FSMQ grade A=20
    Music grade 8 pass =55

total tariff 480+50+60+20+55=665

Have I done it right or wrong?
    Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magdalisious)
    Yeah as far as I know (IB graduate) you go on UCAS to the tariff tables and they award points for a score/predicted score- http://www.ucas.com/sites/default/fi...f-tables_3.pdf

So, you would have 654 with additional points for the EE (no TOK). Someone please correct me if I'm wrong with these, I'm also a bit confused.

However, keep in mind that you will be disadvantaged over us, IB graduates, who actually received these tariff points :/

+ their system is weird.
    It is weird. I did AS product design in year 11, would they include this in the tarriff?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NancyRoseC)
    It is weird. I did AS product design in year 11, would they include this in the tarriff?
    you have to check the tariff tables to see if its included- i have no idea about AS/A levels but from what my friends told my AS stuff dont count.

ReputationRep:
    CAN ANYONE HELP??!!

I have looked at the website regarding the tariff points.

I am a bit confused how St Barts use the tariff points
    Do they use predicted grades or achieved grades for the tariff?

Can someone help me to see if I have done it correctly?
    I achieved AAABB in AS (B in General Studies)
    Predicted grades A*AAB in A2 and will do EPQ predicted A
    FSMQ grade A
    Music grade 8 pass

Predicted A*AAB=480
    B in general studies AS=50
    Predicted a in EPQ =60
    FSMQ grade A=20
    Music grade 8 pass =55

total tariff 480+50+60+20+55=665

Have I done it right or wrong?
    Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TazzyBoo)
    Hi guys, I'll possibly be applying to Barts for 2015 entry.

My UCAS tariff is 650 (4 A star predictions, an A star prediction for EPQ and Additional Maths FSMQ), but I think my UKCAT is a bit on the low side at 690, band 1.

I've looked at the admission statistics for 2014 entry, and a mid-range example stated was 640 UCAS tariff, and 710 for the UKCAT, which I guess is pretty similar to mine. I'm not sure, but I'd like to think that there has been a UKCAT deflation this year (just for solace), but also because last years mean was about 2650, and this year, it's about 2550 (although this could change, since it's only valid for tests taken before 8th August).

In all honesty, do you guys think I'll have a chance of getting an interview at Barts?

(10 A stars for GCSEs, but I don't think that's very relevant for Barts).
    I am a 2014 entry offer holder from barts. I had a ukcat of 635 and my tariff was 700. So i am sure u are guaranteed an interview there

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jollygood)
    I am a 2014 entry offer holder from barts. I had a ukcat of 635 and my tariff was 700. So i am sure u are guaranteed an interview there

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Mine edge just a fraction above yours -740ucas tarrif 692.5 ukcat - will this be enough to get an interview this year ?

Ryan

ReputationRep:
    Looking to apply to barts, but the use of tarriff points frightens me!
    Ive only got 4AS's and am looking to do 3A levels so thats around 480 points, given i get 2 A*A*A!!!!
    I have a UKCAT of 715, should i apply?

how can i increase my tarriff points?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iqranoor)
    Looking to apply to barts, but the use of tarriff points frightens me!
    Ive only got 4AS's and am looking to do 3A levels so thats around 480 points, given i get 2 A*A*A!!!!
    I have a UKCAT of 715, should i apply?

how can i increase my tarriff points?
    Best way is to do 4 a levels, epq, music/dance exams basically but the later havr to be at a high level so you would already need to have done those.
    I don't think youd stand much chance tbh.
    QUB, Glasgow, Southampton would be better choices looking at those stats.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ryanb97)
    Mine edge just a fraction above yours -740ucas tarrif 692.5 ukcat - will this be enough to get an interview this year ?

Ryan
    More than enough. Deffo apply there

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Do you think I'll have a good chance of interview?
    A Level: A*A*A
    AS Level: aa (german, general studies)
    EPQ: A*
    Grade 8 distinction, Grade 6&7 merit
    UKCAT: 692.5, SJT: band 1

ReputationRep:
    I'm a gap year student reapplying after receiving no Med offers this year.

I achieved A*AAa (yet to do the UKCAT) and I'm aware my chances of getting an interview with Barts is very slim especially as I got rejected with 3A* predictions and 695 UKCAT last year!

So I'm wondering if I could do another whole Alevel from scratch this year to increase my tarrif points (or even two)? Would that count or does that count as 'doing alevels over three years' which unis dislike?

Also does anyone know if General studies/ Critical thinking count towards tarrif points? Or is it completely discarded?
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    How is it possible to get 880 tariff points?
    Even 4 A*'s only give 560 points! (used an online tariff calculator! )

I'm so confused. Im hoping to apply to barts.

Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haappy17)
    How is it possible to get 880 tariff points?
    Even 4 A*'s only give 560 points! (used an online tariff calculator! )

I'm so confused. Im hoping to apply to barts.

Thanks in advance
    Well 4/5 a levels, plus say epq, additional maths fsmq, grade 8 dance and/or music. There's tonnes of stuff if you look at the ucas tariff thing which get you points

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    GUYS THERES A 2015 ONE SOMEONE JUST STARTED IT http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...t=barts%202015

ReputationRep:
    How do you calculate UCAS tariff points ??? is it based on predictions or AS results ??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AsianBeauty)
    How do you calculate UCAS tariff points ??? is it based on predictions or AS results ??
    Predicted

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Guys, 721 tariff and 635 UKCAT, is there a chance or should I not bother?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.