Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

TSR Tennis Society IV watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Freaking wow. Kevin Anderson is two sets up against Djokovic, after wnnning the tiebreak from a mini break down.

ReputationRep:
    hahahaaha **** off novak

ReputationRep:
    Djokovic to fake an injury any minute now

ReputationRep:
    Wow, 2 down.

ReputationRep:
    Wawrinka will be the biggest winner if, as is now highly likely, Djokovic goes out. I knew Kvitova going out was a bad omen but it's not over yet

ReputationRep:
    He doesn't looked remotely worried at the start of the third. He takes this set in the next 20 minutes or so with no resistance, and then a 5th set isn't that far away.

ReputationRep:
    Just noticed this but Novak looks like that statue head from art attack

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizzy95)
    Wawrinka will be the biggest winner if, as is now highly likely, Djokovic goes out. I knew Kvitova going out was a bad omen but it's not over yet
    I don't think Novak will lose, but if he does I think it might actually hurt Wawrinka's chances very slightly considering Anderson has dominated their last 4 meetings against him. Anderson is probably the only guy Wawrinka would not look forward to facing in the semis.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pimped Butterfly)
    hahahaaha **** off novak
    Don't jinx it man

ReputationRep:
    Djokovic takes the 3rd set 6-1. That's more like it!!

ReputationRep:
    Looking like a 5th set now (and a Djokovic comeback win)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krish4791)
    Looking like a 5th set now (and a Djokovic comeback win)
    If and when it goes to a 5th, Djokovich will win it.

ReputationRep:
    Match suspended until tomorrow, tied at 2 sets apiece.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krish4791)
    I don't think Novak will lose, but if he does I think it might actually hurt Wawrinka's chances very slightly considering Anderson has dominated their last 4 meetings against him. Anderson is probably the only guy Wawrinka would not look forward to facing in the semis.
    True but if Anderson wins this he'll be at a disadvantage against Cillic with a days less rest so likely to be upset. Now that it's a one set shoot out tomorrow though anything can happen, Anderson has the slight advantage serving first but I still think Djokovic is the favourite, just.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    That Cilic winner was brilliant reaction tennis.

ReputationRep:
    Djokovic 6-7 6-7 6-1 6-4 7-5 Anderson

That's what champions are made of!!

ReputationRep:
    You just knew that when Djokovic went down 2 sets to love, he was going to win the match. He's a master of 5 set matches.

ReputationRep:
    Great comeback from Djokovic, can never count him out! It'll be more of the same against Cillic so we'll see but it should be a good one
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Djokovic will win the whole thing, obvs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Djokovic will win the whole thing, obvs.
    Last time he was defending champion he lost in the semis to Federer, history may repeat itself but this time with Stan the Swiss man that does the job, he's been looking very solid so far. Of course that's all irrelevant if he loses to Cillic

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 27, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.