Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    fammmmmmmm, calum chambers doe. his composure on the ball is somethin else tbh, id like to see him at CB with a leader like mert.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baconbutty)
    It was exactly the same as most of the **** I watched last season. Have we actually improved the first 11 at all? (Id 100% have Walcott over Sanchez on the right as well so much more end product)
    Are you really asking that question. Sanchez was one of the better players today, yeah he lost the ball sometimes but he made things happen. With 2 assist in 2 games, you can't say he hasn't improved the team. Please bare in mind we're missing the Germans and I still think we'll add in the window. You can't complain if we get a CB and CDM

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    Are you really asking that question.
    Are you really feeding the troll.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Baconbutty spitting the truth.

we bought a CB (?), a RB, a winger (?). but the starting eleven hasnt been drastically improved.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Webster2002)
    Are you really feeding the troll.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think BB is a troll. He talks sense at times and I can understand his POV in fairness. I do think he's being overly critical and objective. I'm not sure if he actually support Arsenal tho, I've never really seen him say anything positive

Even if he is trolling at least there some actual substance to it
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Right. I'm gonna say it. Idgaf. MONREAL WAS GOOD TODAY. There, I said it.

Eat your flipping heart out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)

good? no.

proficient? yes.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CallMeJay)
    Match of the day is going to be great. A Man United loss and an Arsenal win.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I wouldn't count on it tbh. It'll be something along the lines of "Man united were unlucky today" and as for us something stupid like "They scraped a win through an unconvincing performance with mediocre looking players".
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barneystin)
    good? no.

proficient? yes.
    Give him credit where it's due.

ReputationRep:

Better than usual I would say.

Made some good runs as well.

ReputationRep:
    Give him credit where it's due.
    credit for what exactly?

what exactly did he do that was 'good'? get into a goal scoring position once?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam278)
    Travelling without moving :hi5:

Yeah fast persuader is a good tune tbf.

Synkronized I got used to it but yeah felt a bit dark like you say although Canned heat was very good. Funk Odyssey. Genuinely can't find a best album. Emergency on Planet earth to Dynamite were all good. Synkronized probably the weakest of them but still good. Probs will choose Return of Space Cowboy or TWM.

How can I forget Mr Moon and Soul Education. Good tune are the songs on the B side of a funk odyssey, everybody's going to the moon and Do it Like We Used To Do.
    How could I forget the B-sides?

Do You Know Where You're Coming From on Travelling Without Moving and Shoot The Moon from A Funk Odyssey :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    Are you really asking that question. Sanchez was one of the better players today, yeah he lost the ball sometimes but he made things happen. With 2 assist in 2 games, you can't say he hasn't improved the team. Please bare in mind we're missing the Germans and I still think we'll add in the window. You can't complain if we get a CB and CDM
    Sanchez was terrible lol. Lost the ball constantly. No end product.

He wasn't very good vs city either

i watched him a lot at barca. Walcott is definetley the better player and he won't displace giroud so we'll see if he can adapt to the left side

ReputationRep:
    Sanchez was terrible lol. Lost the ball constantly. No end product.

He wasn't very good vs city either

i watched him a lot at barca. Walcott is definetley the better player and he won't displace giroud so we'll see if he can adapt to the left side
    35m down the drain ffs

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    35m down the drain ffs

Posted from TSR Mobile
    With fabregas going for 27m it does put things in to perspective a bit. Fabregas is a far better player barca have done really well to get 35m for sanchez who for most of his time there was poor. I've said from day 1 I wasn't excited about him tbh and from what I've seen so far I've been justified. The signing stinks of a flop who wenger continues to play through poor form

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barneystin)
    Baconbutty spitting the truth.

we bought a CB (?), a RB, a winger (?). but the starting eleven hasnt been drastically improved.
    He does have a point. At the end of last season we were begging for a new ST and a DM, and we don't have either. All we have done is fill the gaps in the team of the players who have left plus Sanchez, and we now need to get an extra CB.

Unless we get a ST and DM along with the CB we know we are after, I can't see us finishing higher than 3rd.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    disappointed in your performance today, however you got the win in the end so it doesn't matter.
    your signings didn't seem to have increased the quality in your team looking at today, however it would be foolish to say such things with certainty after a single game.
    although he got an assist, sanchez was extremely below par.
    i have no doubt he'll improve though

i suppose people could look at the game today, seeing you struggling and say you won't have a good season.
    however all that matters is that you got the points.

look at it this way - united didn't perform and they got 0 points; arsenal didn't perform and they got 3 points.
    that is the big difference between the two teams right now as far as i'm concerned.

ReputationRep:
    from what I've seen so far I've been justified. The signing stinks of a flop who wenger continues to play through poor form
    This would be reasonable if it was the case 10 games into the season. Now it's 1 game in and this is just funny to read.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    This would be reasonable if it was the case 10 games into the season. Now it's 1 game in and this is just funny to read.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    He played vs man city and in two preseason games.

ReputationRep:
    The transfer window isn't over yet, it's Day 1 of the season :rofl2:

Sometimes it's not all about fancy performance or football, grinding it out is sometimes the way to do - I always respected Man Utd's ability to do this even when they were crappy when Fergie was around.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: September 22, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.