The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

This is just plain stupidity by the authorities.

A telecoms sales manager sent his staff a text message urging them to ‘blow away’ the competition at a trade show and the Muslim man ended up in jail.

Quebec sales chief Saad Allami, 41, said the message was intended to pump up his staff but it led to a team of police officers storming his home and telling Allami’s wife he was a terrorist.

Allami is now suing the Quebec police force for £65,000.

He says he was arrested three hours after sending the message, while a squad of police officers conducted an ‘intrusive’ search of his home.

‘The whole time, the officers kept repeating to the plaintiff’s wife that her husband was a terrorist,’ the lawsuit says.

Allami says he has no links to terrorist organisations, and that the police acted without evidence.

He was not charged.

http://metro.co.uk/2015/02/11/muslim-manager-tells-staff-to-blow-away-the-competition-it-doesnt-end-well-5058702/?ito=facebook
Original post by ThatMuslimGuy
Had a really good time representing the Islamic Society at Newcastle University's Interfaith Panel Debate alongside the Jewish Society, Christian Union and Catholic Society.

Learnt alot about Judaism which was pretty awesome. :yy:

Dialogue is key to learning and understanding each other. :biggrin:

Spoiler

That sounds wonderful. :h:
Original post by Dima-Blackburn
x.

Many? No. Few is the word.
(edited 9 years ago)

Lol, so now we can't even say "have a blast" on someone's birthday. :colondollar:
Original post by HAnwar
I think it's mostly in Peshawar.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Probably. :dontknow:
Original post by Ankabout
Lol, so now we can't even say "have a blast" on someone's birthday. :colondollar:

Ikr.

Original post by K1NG93
x

Watch the wording a bit. Not all non-Muslims are like him.

This guy is our google sheikh tho. Ask a question,he'll give you the first page links from google pretendeding he knows this stuff by heart or something - in an attempt to pass off as an "intellectual" (his islam anger advice is one good example of him doing this).

Edit: In no way am I saying ignore islamqa, just have problems with intentions of certain users.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Zamestaneh
Far left next to the brown brother :smile:

Oh, Thanks for pointing it out:smile:
Original post by K1NG93
x

Then allow me, your opinion is not the only opinion.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Dima-Blackburn
x

You're greatly exaggerating this as usual due to your hatred of Islam. "Few" meaning a small number of, only a small number of the scholars leave; I'm using it to empahise that these people are a minority amongst scholars. I don't think I've said anything wrong in this regard. I find it laughable that people like you always question "how do we know these scholars are legit!?", honestly you lot speak about them like they're deliberately going to hide things from you lol... They will probably have some sort of bias, like you or me but I'd back them 100% that they know the scripture/hadiths etc.. well enough to know it has e.g. no contradictions.

I don't care about why christian scholars remain trinitarian, I'm not at a position to be able to adequately comment about what is or isn't in their religion( not on the subject of the trinity anyway). Don't worry anyway, Muslims scholars tend to use a nice amount of scriptural support to justify their position. :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
[video="youtube;RJRuNhIeubg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJRuNhIeubg[/video]
Original post by IdeasForLife
I think he's saying that since many people on tsr say islam has many faults(e.g. like they said contradictions), scholars(who spent years and years learning about islam) would be more likely to stumble across 'faults' then laymen and we'd see higher then normal numbers of them leaving islam. However we don't see that happening(tbf Its extremelyyyyyyyy rare), so what's more likely is that possibly, the understanding of people who say islam has many faults, is faulty.

i see

my bad
Ikr.

This guy is our google sheikh tho. Ask a question,he'll give you the first page links from google pretendeding he knows this stuff by heart or something - in an attempt to pass off as an "intellectual" (his islam anger advice is one good example of him doing this).

Fair enough, though you have to admit he did provide a link which proved the point that celebrating birthdays is at least moot in Islam. And someone else on here confirmed it.

I found that fascinating. Can I ask, who decides what your God actually wants you to do, in your belief system when it isn't in the Koran?

Why is one scholar favoured over another as more to be trusted? Or do you just have to go with the line of the authority which makes most sense and hope they haven't got it wrong and you end up in hell? (Or whatever the punishment is for receiving birthday cards if it really was haram).

Serious question, I hope you or someone else will answer it seriously?

Within some forms of Christianity it is much more straightforward, seemingly. The Pope, when speaking in certain matters of doctrine is considered to be "infallible." I believe the term is "ex cathedra."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Papal_infallibility

I find that absurd myself, but over a billion Catholics believe it. And it does keep things much simpler. Unless you disagree with him I suppose...
Original post by chocolate hottie
Fair enough, though you have to admit he did provide a link which proved the point that celebrating birthdays is at least moot in Islam. And someone else on here confirmed it.

I found that fascinating. Can I ask, who decides what your God actually wants you to do, in your belief system when it isn't in the Koran?

Why is one scholar favoured over another as more to be trusted? Or do you just have to go with the line of the authority which makes most sense and hope they haven't got it wrong and you end up in hell? (Or whatever the punishment is for receiving birthday cards if it really was haram).

Serious question, I hope you or someone else will answer it seriously?

Within some forms of Christianity it is much more straightforward, seemingly. The Pope, when speaking in certain matters of doctrine is considered to be "infallible." I believe the term is "ex cathedra."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Papal_infallibility

I find that absurd myself, but over a billion Catholics believe it. And it does keep things much simpler. Unless you disagree with him I suppose...

Before you finished your message, I had edited in "Edit: In no way am I saying ignore islamqa, I just have problems with intentions of certain users.".

For your question, I'm going to leave this for another member if you don't mind. I have some idea in my head but I don't wish to confuse anybody since I don't think I will provide a completely adequate answer. I'm going to leave it for a more knowledgeable member. Sorry :s-smilie:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by K1NG93
Probably. :dontknow:

Yeah, saw a documentary on it. Blew me away.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FlareBlitz96
I'm assuming you're the one on the far right:smile:

Next to the bearded guy :tongue:
Ikr.

Edit: In no way am I saying ignore islamqa, just have problems with intentions of certain users.

Sorry brother. I should have worded my post a lot better. I'm aware of this mariachi guy's intentions and I do have an issue with that.
Bismillah.

Moving on.

What is your favourite dua?

I know. Random Q.

Posted from TSR Mobile
On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said that Allah the Almighty said:
There are three (1) whose adversary I shall be on the Day of Resurrection: a man who has given his word by Me and has broken it; a man who has sold a free man (2) and has consumed the price; and a man who has hired a workman, has exacted his due in full from him and has not given him his wage. (1) i.e. types of men. (2) i.e. a man who has made a slave of another and has sold him. It was related by al-Bukhari (also by Ibn Majah and Ahmad ibn Hanbal)
Does anyone know an explanation of this hadith: On the authority of Abu Sa'id (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said:Let not any one of you belittle himself. They said: O Messenger of Allah, how can any one of us belittle himself? He said: He finds a matter concerning Allah about which he should say something, and he does not say [it], so Allah (mighty and sublime be He) says to him on the Day of Resurrection: What prevented you from saying something about such-and-such and such-and-such? He say: [It was] out of fear of people. Then He says: Rather it is I whom you should more properly fear. It was related by Ibn Majah with a sound chain of authorities.

Latest

Trending

Trending