Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Law Offers for 2016? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Fast approaching the Thursday deadline for Durham and still heard nothing... Can't be good can it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloeg56)
    Hey! I know someone replied to you already but I did the LNAT this school year and there are a few things I wish I had known, so that I wouldn't have had to have crammed as much as I did! First of all, look at the universities' websites to see if they state what they look for in an LNAT results (MCQ score, essay or combined). Some unis even have a cut-off score or through 'Freedom of Information' requests, you can see what the average score is for a particular year.

I bought two books through Amazon with sample papers (a Mark Shepard one and another one - I can't quite remember but I can have a look!) For me, I dedicated 7 minutes per text for reading and answering the questions so that I wasn't scared of the timings when it came to the exam. Mastering the techniques and tricks they ask about is key - I could write a whole extra post on tips for answering the questions but feel free to pm me over the summer if you have any questions on this!

Finally, I would say that the essay is what I found to be the hardest actually. Reading around and deciding what some of the questions are asking for is tricky but having sound knowledge of controversial issues is sufficient. They just want to know how well you can argue a point, with clarity and persuasion etc. I didn't have time in my month of revision to practice essays but I would strongly recommend doing so! Especially practice some typical persuasive phrases you could use in any essay.

Start early! You're doing a great job by even thinking about it now. I got an offer from 2/3 of my LNAT unis (Kings and Bristol) so revision really does pay off! Some people say that it's not something you can practice but I believe that you can

All the best xx
    Thank you so much, glad I asked this because you've really helped me out! I'm feeling more motivated now, your timing technique sounds good I'll give it a go. I'll definitely message you when I'm revising if that's alright with you! Is it marked like 1 mark per MCQ correct or do you not know? You're an angel, thank you ever so much x

ReputationRep:
    I applied to Lancaster, Liverpool, Manchester and Chester. I got all 4 offers back but have chosen University of Manchester as my Firm Choice after much deliberation! Good luck everyone ⭐️

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helena1999)
    Is it marked like 1 mark per MCQ correct or do you not know?
    It's one mark per MCQ correct, and then the essay isn't graded but is instead looked at by each uni.

ReputationRep:
    1 day left till Nottingham reply! has anyone been rejected/had offers recent? and is anyone still waiting?

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Bobkata;63750021]Insure Manchester. It is an amazing uni and I have no idea why league tables place it that low.
    There are a few commercial firms that stated on their website which uni are they recruiting from and Manchester was one of them. Go for it. Good luck
    I think I will! Thank you! I am slightly worried about how far down it is in the league table though

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=qwertyuipdoe;63764983]
    (Original post by Bobkata)
    Insure Manchester. It is an amazing uni and I have no idea why league tables place it that low.
    There are a few commercial firms that stated on their website which uni are they recruiting from and Manchester was one of them. Go for it. Good luck
    I think I will! Thank you! I am slightly worried about how far down it is in the league table though
    Internationally, it is a well-regarded uni! League tables place it that low because of the student satisfaction which doesn't mean you won't be happy there It means there are many students who take surveys quite serisously. And don't forget Manchester has the biggest law course with the most students. That explains everything

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SebastianCanuck)
    Fast approaching the Thursday deadline for Durham and still heard nothing... Can't be good can it?
    Hey, I just got an offer from Durham. Have you heard anything from them yet?

ReputationRep:
    When?? Where dod you first hear?? Massive congrats!! They take ages!!
    (Original post by aayushk)
    Hey, I just got an offer from Durham. Have you heard anything from them yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jayeshp)
    1 day left till Nottingham reply! has anyone been rejected/had offers recent? and is anyone still waiting?
    Still waiting😁😁

ReputationRep:
    Thank you, I'm quite excited and nervous too! I just heard from them, about an hour ago! What are your other options, if I may?

ReputationRep:
    Just got an offer from Nottingham.. Not for law but for criminology and sociology? Thanks but no thanks hahahah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fabruttledge)
    Just got an offer from Nottingham.. Not for law but for criminology and sociology? Thanks but no thanks hahahah
    **** sake hahaha I think I'll get something like that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fabruttledge)
    Did they offer this through track or email?

ReputationRep:
    Certain about firming UCL but durham take so long to reply!! Awww well done again! Did they offer through track or email?
    Thank you, I'm quite excited and nervous too! I just heard from them, about an hour ago! What are your other options, if I may?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elise1998)
    Certain about firming UCL but durham take so long to reply!! Awww well done again! Did they offer through track or email?
    Thank you again. Congratulations on UCL to you! Which do you plan to insure? I got the offer through track.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student98x)
    Did they offer this through track or email?
    Through track, didn't even ask just gave it haha. They only want ABB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jayeshp)
    Still waiting😂

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou, bristol i think !! What about you?
    Thank you again. Congratulations on UCL to you! Which do you plan to insure? I got the offer through track.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elise1998)
    Thankyou, bristol i think !! What about you?
    Oh that's brilliant! Congratulations! I think I'll be insuring Bristol too! haha!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 12, 2016
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.