Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GillyTheGhillie)
    Clearly not much if EVERYONE I have spoken to, including people who have done pretty much no revision, has said that it was probably the easiest paper they've ever done.
    It doesn't even matter how 'easy' people found it. Every year there's those boys who say 'oh yeah it was piss easy' and end up with D/Es.

ReputationRep:
    The easiest paper ever! It seems you haven't done much past papers we had some easier than this! No offense tho😊
    Clearly not much if EVERYONE I have spoken to, including people who have done pretty much no revision, has said that it was probably the easiest paper they've ever done.

ReputationRep:
    Well, you should have revised then, everyone I have spoken to has said that it was an easy paper.
    Paper was straight forward ... 81=A .. but come on its not cool to say to some1 that they should have been revising. Every1 is different and lets respect this fact. Keeping it neutral ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nicoleemmak)
    it doesn't even matter how 'easy' people found it. Every year there's those boys who say 'oh yeah it was piss easy' and end up with d/es.
    preach it girlfriend.

I think there was one with Iodine and Hydrogen Peroxide, which was I2 + H2O2 -> I2O+H2O
    Are you sure? Was this the equation before you had to form an iodate ion equation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaraDresser)
    It's in aqueous solution so it is in water, this is the typical complex ion for when you add ammonia
    Ahh I thought that was only when your adding it to Cu(H2O)6. Ah oh well it was only one mark

ReputationRep:
    That exam was harder than last year. 78 for an A.

ReputationRep:
    Agree it was harder than last year! But I think it's gonna be 80 for an A
    (Original post by rory58824)
    That exam was harder than last year. 78 for an A.

ReputationRep:
    Ahh I thought that was only when your adding it to Cu(H2O)6. Ah oh well it was only one mark
    As long as you put the correct colour i actually think that they will accept both [Cu(NH3)6]2+ OR [Cu(NH3)4(H20)2]2+

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone balance thr Au equation and I2 equations? They took soo long to do omg-.-

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HFancy1997)
    Did anyone balance thr Au equation and I2 equations? They took soo long to do omg-.-

Posted from TSR Mobile
    omg! this was like 3 marks I was so confused do you remember what the reaction ended up being?

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't even matter how 'easy' people found it. Every year there's those boys who say 'oh yeah it was piss easy' and end up with D/Es.
    I posted statistics, gave evidence, and reasons why grade boundaries won't be low. If you don't want to open your eyes then don't.

ReputationRep:
    Hahahahahaha they're probably lying mate
    Or thought they got questions right but really got caught out without knowing

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone get water at 60c as slightly alkaline ? Higher conc of oh- than h+?

ReputationRep:
    anyone remember the question where I2 in alkaline condition disproportionate to form I- and I(V) and water, i cant seem to balance that out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Average.98)
    Paper was straight forward ... 81=A .. but come on its not cool to say to some1 that they should have been revising. Every1 is different and lets respect this fact. Keeping it neutral ...
    It was neutral until the people who found it hard started attacking everyone else. Not cool to take your anger out on others.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anndz3007)
    anyone remember the question where I2 in alkaline condition disproportionate to form I- and I(V) and water, i cant seem to balance that out
    Sameeee

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anndz3007)
    That was a tough two marks tbf. Remind me again of the reactants and products and i'll do it again. Can't be sure it's right but mine was balanced.

ReputationRep:
    i had to put electrons in the iodate one

ReputationRep:
    Think I got

6OH- +3I2 -----> 5I- +IO3- +3H2O

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever been hacked?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.