Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by hazzer1998)
    If you hate Britain so much then leave then .... I'm sure we will be fine without you
    Not loving =/= hating.
    I feel ambivalent towards this arbitrary peice of land which is in an arbitrary planet on an arbitrary universe with a history which has absolutely nothing to do with me and filled with people which have absolutely nothing to do with me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joecphillips)
    In America BLM have successfully got segregated accommodation and were upset they couldn't get away with having a black only meeting in a public building along with many other things.

Here in the uk some students are calling for lbgt only accommodation.

This does not help promote the idea everyone is equal.
    Thank you for giving the context that Jammy was incapable of providing.

I agree that these things are ill conceived and only create divisiveness with a "us and them" attitude. I understand why those who are oppressed or maligned by society may seek to take shelter from that but I don't believe this is particularly helpful and ultimately integration is key. Unfortunately liberals can be just as irrational as conservatives at times.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Quamquam123)
    I like Britain - I just hate that song. I really want I vow to thee my country to be our anthem.
    How dare you disrespect the reigning monarch!!!! To the tower with you !!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Aph)
    Not loving =/= hating.
    I feel ambivalent towards this arbitrary peice of land which is in an arbitrary planet on an arbitrary universe with a history which has absolutely nothing to do with me and filled with people which have absolutely nothing to do with me.
    Again if you fill no connection to the country you live in and if its just a " Piece of land " to you then simple jog on ...go live somewhere else
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    How dare you disrespect the reigning monarch!!!! To the tower with you !!
    Well, I don't regard her to be any more important than anyone else.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    Again if you fill no connection to the country you live in and if its just a " Piece of land " to you then simple jog on ...go live somewhere else
    Feeling a conection to a country is foolish and pointless
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    In America BLM have successfully got segregated accommodation and were upset they couldn't get away with having a black only meeting in a public building along with many other things.

Here in the uk some students are calling for lbgt only accommodation.

This does not help promote the idea everyone is equal.
    Pantycelyn. Discuss.

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/nort...hunger-9497583
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Quamquam123)
    I like Britain - I just hate that song. I really want I vow to thee my country to be our anthem.
    In TSRland it is.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    In TSRland it is.
    That's good.

ReputationRep:
    Exactly the same point this will create a us and them environment and I don't think universities should help promote that.

Having pride in your nation is a good thing but when it gets to the point where you only want similar people around you then problems arise.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Exactly the same point this will create a us and them environment and I don't think universities should help promote that.

Having pride in your nation is a good thing but when it gets to the point where you only want similar people around you then problems arise.
    What I can't believe is the Aber Uni Welsh Society going on hunger strike. As a Welsh society president myself I just can't imagine us doing anything quite that extreme.

For me it is the ugly face of Welsh nationalism though, yes. Having gone to a bilingual school with separate sixth-form common rooms for English- and Welsh-medium pupils I am a strong critic of that sort of segregation.

And of course even Welsh speakers often choose to speak English with one another anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Did Jeremy Corbyn really just say he would have no limits on immigration into the UK ?
    http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/670...m-Labour-party
    He is f****** Insane .... I'm starting to think he is mentally ill
    Don't see anything disagreeable with what he said tbh
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Kay_Winters)
    Don't see anything disagreeable with what he said tbh
    Labour: the party of lower wages

ReputationRep:
    The problem is that if we just limited immigration a tad, the schools and hospitals that need extra funding would need less extra funding. We can get the benefits that immigration brings without as many negatives if we just control it slightly.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lime-man)
    That's not even funny TBH.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Whiggy)
    Because everybody has to have your (lack of) sense of humour, right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It's actually very funny, i'm pissing myself right now out of laughter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lime-man)
    It's actually very funny, i'm pissing myself right now out of laughter.
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Because everybody has to have your (lack of) sense of humour, right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No, that is mocking disabled people. If you find that funny then you're a vile individual.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    No, that is mocking disabled people. If you find that funny then you're a vile individual.
    Tell me one joke that isn't mocking some form of misfortune, preferably a funny one

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.