Summer 2017 Applications

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PhoebeChen7)
    Hi! Thanks for the suggestion!
    Do you have any idea how long I'm gonna wait for them to process the credit suisse duplicate account issue? It's not early for the front office application, so I'm a bit concerned..
    I emailed them 3 days after i submitted. Reply was along the lines "reading closely is one of the core skils needed" (as it said I should be patient and not email them.) After 2 weeks the status changed.

ReputationRep:
    Hey folks, I took BAML's SJT around the 20th. Does anyone know if they let you know right away if you fail?

ReputationRep:
    Rejection from Citi after passing their online test. I applied for off cycle IBD. Got rejection about 1 week after getting the you passed online test email.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PhoebeChen7)
    Hi! Thanks for the suggestion!
    Do you have any idea how long I'm gonna wait for them to process the credit suisse duplicate account issue? It's not early for the front office application, so I'm a bit concerned..
    I waited 7 days before emailing them. They fixed it for me straight away but I know a lot of people were basically told to **** off.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anybody know if you have to do the online tests again at HSBC assesment centre? Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brian_sp12)
    Anybody know if you have to do the online tests again at HSBC assesment centre? Thanks!
    Yes. You do a paper-based version which is slightly harder and must score 80% or above (16 out of 20) or you get sent home.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard back from Evercore or Rothschild for IBD full-time Analyst?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mcstyle94)
    First round interview UBS IBD. It should be competency based, any tips?
    When did you apply may I ask? Did you just receive the interview invite?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Commercial Paper)
    Yes. You do a paper-based version which is slightly harder and must score 80% or above (16 out of 20) or you get sent home.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    haha really? So you start with a paper-based version and they just send you home if you fail? So people flying in from abroad will just have wasted their time if they fail

ReputationRep:
    I didn't get any test invite for HSBC, applied few days ago.. anyone in the same situation?

ReputationRep:
    Anybody heard anything from anybody about Goldman?? I thought they were rolling this year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by panda12)
    Rejection from Citi after passing their online test. I applied for off cycle IBD. Got rejection about 1 week after getting the you passed online test email.
    Sorry to hear that! I applied for off-cycle too and got the test passed email 3 weeks ago, nothing since then..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    haha really? So you start with a paper-based version and they just send you home if you fail? So people flying in from abroad will just have wasted their time if they fail
    Yes, some people were sent home before 9am. You must meet the minimum benchmark, no exceptions. It's the first thing you do when you arrive.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yes, some people were sent home before 9am. You must meet the minimum benchmark, no exceptions. It's the first thing you do when you arrive.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So you went yourself? If yes, for which division?

ReputationRep:
    So you went yourself? If yes, for which division?
    Yes, last year for IBD. Got 15 out of 20 and not 16 and was sent home so this is how I know because HR told me what the benchmark was. Another batch get sent home before lunch as well.

I've seen at places before like Citi where they give you another chance if you don't get the same score first time round. But at HSBC you just get shown the door.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yes, last year for IBD. Got 15 out of 20 and not 16 and was sent home so this is how I know because HR told me what the benchmark was. Another batch get sent home before lunch as well.

I've seen at places before like Citi where they give you another chance if you don't get the same score first time round. But at HSBC you just get shown the door.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Geez pretty tough. You reckon it's the same for all divisions?

ReputationRep:
    Geez pretty tough. You reckon it's the same for all divisions?
    No idea if it'll be the same this cycle or for other divisions. The AC I went to was just for IBD.

This was for the Numerical (which they've scrapped this year) and I doubt they'll make you sit an SJT again, but maybe the Inductive Reasoning one.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No idea if it'll be the same this cycle or for other divisions. The AC I went to was just for IBD.

This was for the Numerical (which they've scrapped this year) and I doubt they'll make you sit an SJT again, but maybe the Inductive Reasoning one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah that's exactly what I thought. Doing an SJT again would be pretty stange, and it said in the Email they sent to me that you would undergo a situational exercise. Do you remember if it said directly in your mail that there would be a paper-based test?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that's exactly what I thought. Doing an SJT again would be pretty stange, and it said in the Email they sent to me that you would undergo a situational exercise. Do you remember if it said directly in your mail that there would be a paper-based test?
    Did you get a HSBC AC invite?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AKRP)
    Did you get a HSBC AC invite?
    Yes I did.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 3, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.