Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016 Watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ninjass)
    Really? I didnt sitvthe exam but looking at it it seemed straightforward. M2 was harder
    A lot of people messed up the 8 marker, the 4 mark circle question threw a lot of people and many simply didnt know to double diffrentiate or simultaneous equation for the 10 marks . Also there was 15 marks of algebra as compared to 5 last year and as soon as that happens boundaries tend to dive down - im very certain the boundaries will drop although i dont know how much. The S2 poll showed a lot of people finding it really tough. But maybe itll stay sky high - who knows .

I got 64 on last years and got probably 52 on this years s2. Eek.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by target21859)
    Unlikely to be 68.
    I hope none of the exams are as high as 68 for an A

ReputationRep:
    Over 90% for an A? Has that ever happened before?

ReputationRep:
    C4 is the only one likely to be anywhere near that high - and even that is unlikely considering its a core module EVERYONE takes.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone do AQA classical civ, Alexander or Augustus modules?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloeabeki)
    Over 90% for an A? Has that ever happened before?
    Yepp some have been 69 for an A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hamzy45)
    For people who done Edexcel A2 Chem & Bio what were your thoughts on the papers?
    Chemistry unit 4 killed me but unit 5 revived me. Made far too many silly mistakes on unit 4 to get an A*, also thought it was quite a bit harder than other years. Unit 5 was much better, not to say it was that easy though.
    What do you think the grade boundaries will be? They vary so much

ReputationRep:
    For people who done Edexcel A2 Chem & Bio what were your thoughts on the papers?
    I did edexcel bio. Unit 4 was an experience I'd like to forget 😩😩

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angoranimi)
    Chemistry unit 4 killed me but unit 5 revived me. Made far too many silly mistakes on unit 4 to get an A*, also thought it was quite a bit harder than other years. Unit 5 was much better, not to say it was that easy though.
    What do you think the grade boundaries will be? They vary so much

Yeah I found Unit 4 Chem quite challenging had a lot of marks where you could trip up. However chemistry unit 5 was nice as most of the questions that came up had been covered in my class using similar methodology. It was my first year doing edx exams as i done OCR in AS so not really familiar with the GB but guessing Unit 4 will be below average and 5 above average? would be nice if A*'s in both were quite low aha

ReputationRep:
    Chemistry

Unit 4 A* 75
    Unit 5 A* 77-78

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mliela)
    I did edexcel bio. Unit 4 was an experience I'd like to forget 😩😩

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Aha thank god i'm not the only one, tell me about it. How did you find unit 5 bio and what are your predictions of the GB ?

ReputationRep:
    OP is late on the countdown ^^

ReputationRep:
    Any stat on things like % of students who go into clearing or get their firm?

ReputationRep:
    This may be a weird question considering we haven't even got our results yet, but what happens with accommodation if you go through clearing? Let's say I miss my offers but get a clearing offer, will I end up with the rubbish accommodation that nobody who originally applied wanted? (I'm only saying that because my cousin went through clearing and this is exactly what happened to her!) I know accommodation is only a small factor in the long run, but I am just slightly worrying! I just know that I haven't met my offers because AQA French was a nightmare
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Do people think economics is hard on this post? Everyone says it's easy?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdeptDz)
    Do people think economics is hard on this post? Everyone says it's easy?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    OCR econ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jalfrazier6651)
    A lot of people messed up the 8 marker, the 4 mark circle question threw a lot of people and many simply didnt know to double diffrentiate or simultaneous equation for the 10 marks . Also there was 15 marks of algebra as compared to 5 last year and as soon as that happens boundaries tend to dive down - im very certain the boundaries will drop although i dont know how much. The S2 poll showed a lot of people finding it really tough. But maybe itll stay sky high - who knows .

I got 64 on last years and got probably 52 on this years s2. Eek.
    You have hit the nail on the head. Don't worry i could EASILY see is being 59-61 for an A. June 2014 paper was 61 for an A and that paper was easier than ours.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jalfrazier6651)
    C4 is the only one likely to be anywhere near that high - and even that is unlikely considering its a core module EVERYONE takes.
    Yup, looking back also its rare to have high grade boundaries for a june core 4 paper. The highest june core 4 paper since 2005 which EVERYONE TAKES has been june 2012 which was 63 for an A......and that paper was easier than ours. Then again last year was 62 and it was challenging. It is impossible to predict.....i remember last years piss easy C2 paper which was only 59 for an A!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pato1)
    OCR econ?
    edexcel but eco in general

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    can anyone help? I've changed my mobile number but can't update it on track due to them processing exam results, reckon i should contact my firm and insurance to let them know or just leave it? Thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.