The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3840
:grouphugs:
raspberrybubbles
I should have jumped 2 and a half months ago

oi! no talking like that!
you've had a few good times in that two and a half months, right?

(wanted to say "cheer up" in russian, but quickly realised that i don't know enough, so i'll settle for a gramatically dubious не за что, хорошо духи!)
man i love cats! also loving the klezmer backing music. i want a clarinet.
My cat just saw that I was crying and came to snuggle with me. :smile: He's a good cat.
im in college now trying to do work, but can't concentrate.
Having such a bad day
Rainfaery
My cat just saw that I was crying and came to snuggle with me. :smile: He's a good cat.

awwww

wish i had a cat here. might go in search of the college cat this week when the weather improves.
We have rabbits here but they're wild so I can't adopt one as my own :frown:

Really struggling today. Socially, things aren't good. I feel as if Darren and I aren't friends anymore. I mentioned this to Sarah and she said she felt the same way about her friendship with him. Feels weird because he was the one who kinda kept me here as we really got on well. Workwise, things are even worse. Couldn't concentrate in my lectures this morning, didn't understand them, have 2 tests next week and am in a major panic as I've not done any work and I'm not motivated to start any. Really considering dropping out and persuing a career in music management or something like that. Not sure how to go about it but my Mum said to look into it and I would actually start everything again and not be upset. I wouldn't be losing anything by leaving here.
Reply 3848
Rainfaery

I miss my cat SO much!
Hey guys.

I came off citalopram a few weeks ago (straight off 20mg and without doctor knowing - I know I know.......). Anyway, I'm having a few bf problems atm and my course is incredibly stressful. I just feel like I want to cry all the time and that it could happen at any time and I can't let that happen in the middle of teaching a class :s. Is that a common side effect or should I go back on the cit.? :frown: :frown:
sexysax
Hey guys.

I came off citalopram a few weeks ago (straight off 20mg and without doctor knowing - I know I know.......). Anyway, I'm having a few bf problems atm and my course is incredibly stressful. I just feel like I want to cry all the time and that it could happen at any time and I can't let that happen in the middle of teaching a class :s. Is that a common side effect or should I go back on the cit.? :frown: :frown:

I've never been on citalopram, but when I came off of Fluoxetine, I felt sick and dizzy and it wasn't nice. I don't have a clue as to what to suggest about the medication besides asking your doctor.

What's up with your bf? And what course are you doing? *big hugs* xx
Hey, thanks. I'm doing a PGCE, so am in schools teaching Mon-Thurs, and in uni on Friday. I don't have anymore than 2 lessons a day, but I'm just finding it a lot of hard work, and I'm lacking in confidence. I frequently think that I can't do the course and that I'm not good enough.

My bf and I argued last night, we've just an off week and instead of talking about stuff, I tend to close up which is the opposite of what he likes so it causes friction at times. I don't know if my stressful course and him being busy that we're getting annoyed with little things more than usual, but it's still something I'd rather not have! :frown:
I went off my medicines six months ago, without talking to my doctor, because they just weren't doing anything for me. I didn't really have any side effects, but I think that's more because they weren't doing **** for me and so I didn't notice a difference off or on them.
Reply 3853
I can't cope :cry:
sexysax
Hey, thanks. I'm doing a PGCE, so am in schools teaching Mon-Thurs, and in uni on Friday. I don't have anymore than 2 lessons a day, but I'm just finding it a lot of hard work, and I'm lacking in confidence. I frequently think that I can't do the course and that I'm not good enough.

My bf and I argued last night, we've just an off week and instead of talking about stuff, I tend to close up which is the opposite of what he likes so it causes friction at times. I don't know if my stressful course and him being busy that we're getting annoyed with little things more than usual, but it's still something I'd rather not have! :frown:

Wow, you're so brave to go and teach! I'd be terrified. You're doing so well if you're managing to do that 4 days a week, and go to uni and handle a boyfriend. I can imagine it is pretty stressful! :hugs:

You CAN do the course and you ARE good enough. Honestly, if you've managed so far, you can do it. And think how proud you'll be when you have your PGCE! You don't even have to use it, but you'll have it and that alone is a huge achievement and something to be proud of :smile:

As for your bf, I don't really know what to say hun. Maybe try opening up a little bit to him. It is better than bottling things up. I know talking about things is hard and I often like to not say things to avoid conversations, but if he cares about you then i'm sure he'd rather you were happy than sad.
I saw the CPN today and she's referring me to an occupational therapist to work on my confidence and self esteem and crap like that. I don't even really know what an occupational therapist is... has anyone here seen one before, and if you have can you let me know what usually happens and how helpful they are?

I know I haven't been posting much lately but I've been skimming through what people have written and I'm thinking of you all. :hugs:
Reply 3856
Not Invented Yet
I saw the CPN today and she's referring me to an occupational therapist to work on my confidence and self esteem and crap like that. I don't even really know what an occupational therapist is... has anyone here seen one before, and if you have can you let me know what usually happens and how helpful they are?Haven't undergone occupational therapy myself, but their focus is on working with you to help you be more able to do things - the name stems from its use to help people be able to do their occupation. They'll work with you on how you can approach things in a way which stays within your comfort zone, trying to lose some of the thought patterns you have at present that get in the way. Helping with confidence and self-esteem is part of that - finding a way to work that assuages those concerns.

thats a cool song :smile:

im finally feeling a better after being really down earlier, nearly ended up crying mess on the train
Hi....
So erm, sumarising this page:
I miss my cat, too... I never thought I would but I so do! There's a guy here at uni who goes home every weekend jst to see his cats!
And pocket calculator, I know there have been good times, it's just right now I really can't see them. I shouldn't have drank last night but hey, somehow it'll work out... providing I can sober up before my appoint with the MHW in 5 hours!
raspberrybubbles
Hi....
So erm, sumarising this page:
I miss my cat, too... I never thought I would but I so do! There's a guy here at uni who goes home every weekend jst to see his cats!
And pocket calculator, I know there have been good times, it's just right now I really can't see them. I shouldn't have drank last night but hey, somehow it'll work out... providing I can sober up before my appoint with the MHW in 5 hours!

How are you feeling this afternoon? :hugs:

I don't have any pets so I can't miss them. Miss home though but right this minute I don't know why. Seem to have this barrier in my head that I keep hitting that makes me really frustrated and just want to cry. Uni is rubbish, home isn't great either. I'm beginning to think the CBT lady I saw last year was wrong. It's not outside influences affecting me that she couldn't change, it's me. I'm the one with the problem :frown:

Latest