TSR Fantasy Football League 2008/9 Watch

This discussion is closed.
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by geoff_yin)
I agree there, although my team will be be very weak in the next gameweek without Bosingwa, VDS, Ronaldo and Berbatov.

I have to get Ireland out of my team though. I bought him when he cost £5.5m so I will lose £0.7m in value if I take him out. Has to be done though as he hasn't done anything in 7 straight games...
Ireland looked good today btw.
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm having a horrible week, and i'm gunna lose to this retard at the top of my H2H for the 2nd time.
He has like 1000 points =\
Ronaldo VII
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I agree there, although my team will be be very weak in the next gameweek without Bosingwa, VDS, Ronaldo and Berbatov.

I have to get Ireland out of my team though. I bought him when he cost £5.5m so I will lose £0.7m in value if I take him out. Has to be done though as he hasn't done anything in 7 straight games...
I've got the same problem with Bosingwa suspended and 3 United players in, so I've removed one, temporarily. It's a risk but had to be done, as playing with 10 players including Barnett at Hull and Brown at Wigan wouldn't have been pleasant.

I'm keeping Ireland, probably until the end of the season as I don't think there's anyone of his price (that I'd get for him) better.
GYinWL
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by mc_watson87)
Ireland looked good today btw.
Didn't Robinho look dangerous today as well? But he hasn't scored many in recent times either. Besides, City are playing 3 out of the top 5 sides within the next 5 matches, two of which are being played away from home. We all know what City's record away from home is like.
Colesy
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by mc_watson87)
I'm having a horrible week, and i'm gunna lose to this retard at the top of my H2H for the 2nd time.
He has like 1000 points =\

You're not doing that bad. Just gotta hope Jo scores or something.
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Didn't Robinho look dangerous today as well? But he hasn't scored many in recent times either.
Robinho doesn't play as far forward since Bellamy came. Bellamy is defo the way forward over Robinho.
Ronaldo VII
Rep:
?
(Original post by Colesy)
Bosingwa is one of very few exceptions and hardly the rule though is he? He's one of only 4 players who have had their values increased by 1m or more since the game started 26 gameweeks ago.

Plus if need be, with Bos you could (I've had him since beginning so if I were to sell I would get 6.6m) swap him out for Alex (5.5m) who you could then swap with Carvalho upon his return (currently 6.3, likely to decrease further) and voila, same clean sheet bonuses and you have more of a budget too.

Also, bit different with a keeper as opposed to an outfield player.. You have to have a starter, if Bos is suspended you can just bench him. If you have one good keeper and one cheap one you will need to buy a replacement. Keepers rarely increase/decrease in value highly anyway and the ones that do usually started off cheap as it is. Points ahead of value IMO.

Remember with Bos all you're losing is team value. Team value doesn't equal points.. so I don't really see the problem.
Bosingwa is the rule for my team, as every player has risen in value, which is why I think I have a very strong team, as I planned it early on. At the start of the season, I put value ahead of points, so spent a lot of points in a few weeks to get as much value as possible. Carvalho isn't a replacement for Bosingwa. It isn't Chelsea's clean sheets that are the appeal, it's Bosingwa's attacking points.
With losing team value, you're weakening your team and limiting the availability of better players. Bosingwa will be on my bench next week and I'll play some average Hull defender, just like I kept Ashley Young on my bench for the 2 weeks that he was suspended, as I think it's better to have Young in until the end of the season than someone else for two weeks and not be able to afford to get him back.
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You're not doing that bad. Just gotta hope Jo scores or something.
Lol while watching this game I've come to the realisation that it was an extremely rash decision to bring in Jo, let alone captain him. :teeth:
I can see why City didn't play him.
GYinWL
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Ronaldo VII)
I've got the same problem with Bosingwa suspended and 3 United players in, so I've removed one, temporarily. It's a risk but had to be done, as playing with 10 players including Barnett at Hull and Brown at Wigan wouldn't have been pleasant.

I'm keeping Ireland, probably until the end of the season as I don't think there's anyone of his price (that I'd get for him) better.
I also bought Bosingwa when he cost £6.0m...

Alonso is around Ireland's price, but I'm not sure how many Alonso will score with Liverpool having a few difficult fixtures coming up too.

In terms of missing three United players, there's a chance Sorensen can keep a clean sheet against Villa as Villa aren't in the best of form. Bassong plays Bolton, again, a chance he could keep a clean sheet. Finally, Marney plays against struggling Blackburn, so a chance for some points there too..
Colesy
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Bosingwa is the rule for my team, as every player has risen in value, which is why I think I have a very strong team, as I planned it early on. At the start of the season, I put value ahead of points, so spent a lot of points in a few weeks to get as much value as possible. Carvalho isn't a replacement for Bosingwa. It isn't Chelsea's clean sheets that are the appeal, it's Bosingwa's attacking points.
With losing team value, you're weakening your team and limiting the availability of better players. Bosingwa will be on my bench next week and I'll play some average Hull defender, just like I kept Ashley Young on my bench for the 2 weeks that he was suspended, as I think it's better to have Young in until the end of the season than someone else for two weeks and not be able to afford to get him back.
Excuse the late reply, wireless went dodgy.

I understand your point. However, if you look, you and I both have very similar teams. You had a great month last month but I'm now catching you. I might not win but I'm getting closer all the time. Why? Because I am sacrificing team value for points. While you kept Young on the bench I transferred him out for Gareth Barry and lost team value, however I'm quite adamant that the points I gained in exchange were more than enough compensation.

Barry earned 13 more points than Young in the last 4 gameweeks. Now you said that you'll keep Young in 'til the end of the season.. Well surely that means his team value is worthless? Whether he goes up by 10m or goes down to 0 it won't matter cause you're not gonna transfer him out...?

Also Bos hasn't scored or assisted or earned bonus points for that matter since December 6th. It's not like he was a Nicky Shorey who took pens for Reading, a Ryan Taylor who takes freekicks or Vidic who scores semi-raregularly [sic] (excuse the poor pun). Infact.. Alex (as aforementioned) has been on better form in FPL terms..

So basically, team value is useless if the guy isn't gonna leave anyway and Bos hasn't even been the highest scoring Chelsea defender lately and hasn't done anything 'attacking' for over 2 months.
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Jo is literally the ******** thing i've ever seen, guess its time to join the Carlton Cole bandwagon.
GYinWL
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Just realised there's some dodgy hair at the Newcastle Everton match: Fellaini, Jo and Coloccini! :teeth:
Colesy
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Nice! Dempsey 3 bonus!

I'm sure they're meant to do all the matches at once though .
Ronaldo VII
Rep:
?
Excuse the late reply, wireless went dodgy.

I understand your point. However, if you look, you and I both have very similar teams. You had a great month last month but I'm now catching you. I might not win but I'm getting closer all the time. Why? Because I am sacrificing team value for points. While you kept Young on the bench I transferred him out for Gareth Barry and lost team value, however I'm quite adamant that the points I gained in exchange were more than enough compensation.

Barry earned 13 more points than Young in the last 4 gameweeks. Now you said that you'll keep Young in 'til the end of the season.. Well surely that means his team value is worthless? Whether he goes up by 10m or goes down to 0 it won't matter cause you're not gonna transfer him out...?

Also Bos hasn't scored or assisted or earned bonus points for that matter since December 6th. It's not like he was a Nicky Shorey who took pens for Reading, a Ryan Taylor who takes freekicks or Vidic who scores semi-raregularly [sic] (excuse the poor pun). Infact.. Alex (as aforementioned) has been on better form in FPL terms..

So basically, team value is useless if the guy isn't gonna leave anyway and Bos hasn't even been the highest scoring Chelsea defender lately and hasn't done anything 'attacking' for over 2 months.
The money I would have lost on Young, and whoever else I employ that tactic with, could have been spent on transferring a Carlton Cole into a Wayne Rooney over a period of time. I didn't lose out by keeping Ashley Young on the bench, as my 1st sub was Carlton Cole and he was promoted into the team, scoring 16 points in those two game weeks.
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
All Dempsey did was foul lol
Sweet Given 3 bonus
Ronaldo VII
Rep:
?
Nice! Dempsey 3 bonus!

I'm sure they're meant to do all the matches at once though .
None for Murphy, when he was MotM is odd, but no surprise
.Andrew.
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
What happened to Arteta?
Ronaldo VII
Rep:
?
(Original post by .Andrew.)
What happened to Arteta?
Opened up his knee ligaments with a bad landing after only 3 minutes and left on a stretcher. Worst case scenario is season over.
.Andrew.
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Opened up his knee ligaments with a bad landing after only 3 minutes and left on a stretcher. Worst case scenario is season over.
Really? Damn, that sucks. :eek:

Explains why i only got 1 point.
GYinWL
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by .Andrew.)
What happened to Arteta?
Stretchered off after 5 minutes... Could be knee ligament damage apparently.

EDIT: Too slow...
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (443)
37.83%
No - but I will (88)
7.51%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.83%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (560)
47.82%

Watched Threads